[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks Vs. Edmonton Soilers, Rogers Arena, September 30, @ 6PM PST, Preseason Game #4 Redemption

Truefan99

Who will win?  

126 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

2. 2. Which team opens scoring?

3. 3. How many goals will Vancouver score?

This poll is closed to new votes

40 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I agree.  The Italian isn’t going anwhere.  At the very least he has a bottom six spot locked up…

I think if he can make the bottom six look better, yeah, he stays. But the problem is he only looks good beause of the men beside him. Miller and Boeser can make anyone look like peter pan.

5 minutes ago, kilgore said:

Just watched the game on tape. Busy enjoying the sun.

Holy crap. 70+ pages for a preseason game. 

Gawd Canucks Dot Comatose are stupid.  All this fan engagement for a fricken preseason romp on the Oilers.  In the land of marketing your product.....priceless.  They just threw it all away before the season even started.  lol.  Seriously whoever made that decision should be fired. 

Loooooo...hooooo....sers.

Yep. They gave the golden goose away. I bet Toronto leaves bought us out to see what fans actually care about

• Cheers 1

At work so I cant watch the game (yet). Will watch the recorded game soon but I saw this on twitter.  That Erne guy is a punk (Desharnais too)

Edited by A_G
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

Remember back when everyone was jumping ship in the first period ...

They were wrong.

The team responded well. They played well. However, just like the other games it’s preseason and we shouldn’t overreact either way. We had the better team for once and it showed. 

I like this version of the team better than the end of last year version. It gives me confidence.

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, ManbeastMARK said:

The team responded well. They played well. However, just like the other games it’s preseason and we shouldn’t overreact either way. We had the better team for once and it showed. 

I like this version of the team better than the end of last year version. It gives me confidence.

They delivered tonight when they needed to ... and was expected after the 0-3 preseason start.

We all needed that confidence boost to have confidence. 

3 hours ago, DeNiro said:

For sure.

But we’re gonna have to be way better than that in game 1.

Completely different team without McDavid and Draisaitl. Can’t be having some of the breakdowns we did against those two.

At the same token, how much did the Oilers McD and Drais beat us when we had a  unmanned team?

top players 1st of 3 games remaining, getting  the rust off and chemistry back

Nah!

13 minutes ago, ManbeastMARK said:

Canucks delivered exactly what CFF thought they could deliver, gonna be a great team.  

• Cheers 2

Glad we won this game, but honestly, this was par, not excellence. Take away McDavid and Draisaitl and the bar is winning by three goals. Glad to see we met expectations though.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Tusk said:

Whats the point if they gotta depend on PDG instead of Garlund. Podz, hell, almost anyone. Even new Beau could have made those two passes from Millar to an open Boeser in the first.

PDG had a beauty set up on Hughes goal, was impressed with his game as the night went on. Good filler for when Mikheyev is out or on a different line. 

• Upvote 1

I know Edmonton played everyone except their big guns but they still dressed their defence, goalie and bottom-6 essentially. Meanwhile the Canucks ice a starting-day lineup so good to see what we've got to play with.

Miller was decent but not fantastic, Boeser had a heck of a night with 4 assists - he didn't own or run the play but he makes a lot of high offensive IQ skilled plays. The last 18 months he's making really smart passes, especially on the PP, and is becoming an assist machine. Doesn't matter if he's going away from being a pure goal scorer, we can use a playmaker like Brock right now and 4 assists is nothing to laugh at. As for PDG I think he just proved to everyone that he's not going anywhere. Podkolzin and Hoglander haven't done anything near enough whereas PDG just blew the Oilers out of the water with such big plays we need - great screens (on the Hughes goal), great tip-in and what a 2-on-1. I had him in my top-6 at the end of last year and copped a lot of slack for it but Tocchet loves these kinds of players and he's producing points too which is more than what our AHLers are doing when given a chance so good on him.

Hughes looks like he's taken his game to another level, he's looking like Karlsson out there - skating and owning the puck and play a lot more than last year. I know Petey's a 100pt player but Hughes is the best player on the ice and he's skating with swagger now. He really does look like Makar out there, running the show. Last year he was a bit more of a selfless team player but from what we've seen so far he wants to be "the guy". He had absolutely no right to take the puck from the left blueline, skate diagonally across the Oilers and release a back-hand from the right half boards and score but he did. No right batting the puck out of mid air on a 2-on-1. I think he's our candidate to breakout next year which is crazy to say considering he was a PPG scorer last year, but 80-90 points isn't out of the question if he keeps playing like this. Seen a big jump from him.

Everyone else was very good but playing against pretty average forwards. Good to see the Oilers goalie and defence just crumble and our PP and defence looked good, and a pretty tidy night for Demko.

• Vintage 1