[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks Vs. Edmonton Soilers, Rogers Arena, September 30, @ 6PM PST, Preseason Game #4 Redemption

Truefan99

Who will win?  

126 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

2. 2. Which team opens scoring?

3. 3. How many goals will Vancouver score?

This poll is closed to new votes

1 minute ago, Huggy Bear said:

Not what I saw, they controlled possession very well on at least two shifts, and had 2-3 grade A chances. 2 shots from Boeser that went wide, and a shit from Hughes.

Yep, Oilers are better coordinated, and seem to have an answer for every line except for Millers (and the shift after the first PK, when we paired Hughes and Hronek with the first line)

Yep, 4 SOG ain’t gonna cut it. Expecting 10 SOG minimum next period.

Unleash Hronek on the half-wall. 

• Cheers 2

Just now, canuck73_3 said:

1st int thoughts fans are gonna love Blueger and Hronek here, Hronek has already made 5 or 6 good passes/clears out of the zone/out of trouble.

Miller playing with a chip on his shoulder couple of good battles already. 

Demko looking mid season form already. 

The meh Boeser and DiGiuseppe look like they’re going through the motions. 

The bad zero urgency, hopefully not starting the 2nd with a pk changes that. 

Who the hell is PDG to be playing with Millar and Boeser? Brock had to shoot both on his knees while he was wide open and no pressure on Phil DiGiuseppe I mean why is PDG so favored over Garlund

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Just remember. 

NO PERSONAL INSULTS

NO TROLLING

“Don't say you haven’t been warned” ~ Mr. Cook. My high school Vice Principal. 

Who's moderating this joint? 

Edited by Jaimito
  • Haha 2
  • Vintage 1

7 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Are you watching? Demko is an NHL goalie. That’s a bad rebound. He needs to control with either turning it to the corner or a freeze. Bad job by Femko. 

First off his name is Demko. So cut the crap with the name calling. Even if your statement is true he made several save to keep it 0-0. Anyone watching the game knows we played like crap and were severely outshot.. again.. 

Edited by Devron
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

From all accounts they’ve been doing a lot of work on puck battles in practice.

If it’s not translating it’s because we don’t have many players that can consistently win then. And that is why we’re seeing what we’re seeing.

Just now, MikeyD said:

I just hope that when regular season comes that Boeser is nowhere in the top 6.

He got open, twice, and PDG got the feed from Millar, to pass to him, twice. Those were the worst passes ever, and PDG didnt even have anyone on his back like Garlund would have had.

Brock was not the issue there. Need some truth and reconcilliation here on this point

• Like 1

Canucks look like they lost their game plan, maybe due to their first game with a full lineup at home ice. Not an excuse.

Too many HD chances against so I'm sure Tocc is saying " yeahhhh.. can you try harder guys?, that'll be great" 😉

or something that can't be repeated here..

Hopefully the jitters are gone at home and they play harder on the puck, and get one!

I didn't like the results in the last 3 games, and we had excuses saying preseason doesn't matter and we dressed either an ahl or half a NHL lineup. 

Tonight we have essentially a full lineup and so far the results are not different. We're not letting in 3 goals in 5 minutes, but we are not scoring. Is it fair to start worrying? 

Just now, Devron said:

First of his name is Demko. So cut the crap with the name calling. Even if your statement is true he made several save to keep it 0-0. Anyone watching the game knows we played like crap and were severely outshot.. again.. 

Grow up. Alf has big furry fingers and hits the wrong keys sometimes. The D and the f are side by side. Don’t be a puck sucker.