[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks Vs. Edmonton Soilers, Rogers Arena, September 30, @ 6PM PST, Preseason Game #4 Redemption

Truefan99

Who will win?  

126 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

2. 2. Which team opens scoring?

3. 3. How many goals will Vancouver score?

This poll is closed to new votes

Just now, aGENT said:

Though I would say they improved as the game went on.

For sure.

But we’re gonna have to be way better than that in game 1.

Completely different team without McDavid and Draisaitl. Can’t be having some of the breakdowns we did against those two.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Nucklifer said:

All started with King Clown Nurses cheap shot on Brock

Seriously there are calls for the most punchable head in the league and Marchand, Messier, Bettman,  Perry, get plenty of votes but Nurse for me s number 1 with a bullet. He is an absolute douche!
Did you see when he flipped one into the Canucks bench and Foote wore it, he skated away like he was a winner...anyone with credibility would have skated over and apologised. 

He is an Fwit of the highest order

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 2

15 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

All the whiners and wet blankets back on the bandwagon ... lol

Wait, what?  You are planning the parade after one pre-season win?

Yikes… that may be the worst premature

“victory lap” post in history.

It is always sad/amusing to see all the posts after losses “Pre-season doesn’t mean anything”… then after a pre-season win “This clearly means something and the team is a contender”.

Edited by Provost
  • Haha 1

Brock looked good tonight. I like it when he shoots without much thought. That’s what he needs. If he puts a few in the net like that he will get some confidence and might just show his old colours again. A win felt good. Now if only we could get our slow starts figured out. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

For sure.

But we’re gonna have to be way better than that in game 1.

Completely different team without McDavid and Draisaitl. Can’t be having some of the breakdowns we did against those two.

First of all, nobody, or any of these teams are perfect. We played them pretty well two games ago, and they had their top 2 lines, plus their starting goalie, without Miller, Demko, Hronek, Beauvillier, Cole, and a few others. There's no need to panic. They have breakdowns, we do too. It looks like we're at least tightening some of that up. 

• Vintage 1

Just now, Karma-Kazi44 said:

Brock looked good tonight. I like it when he shoots without much thought. That’s what he needs. If he puts a few in the net like that he will get some confidence and might just show his old colours again. A win felt good. Now if only we could get our slow starts figured out. 

If Brock had someone who could pass a puck.... did you see the Millar shot on the power play when Boeser was wide open? I dont know if millar was trying for the rebound but I figure the old Sedin slap pass to Boeser would have been golden.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tusk said:

If Brock had someone who could pass a puck.... did you see the Millar shot on the power play when Boeser was wide open? I dont know if millar was trying for the rebound but I figure the old Sedin slap pass to Boeser would have been golden.

Yes it sure would have. But in the moment it happens. I’m just happy to see Brock letting the shot fly. 

• ThereItIs 1

12 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Though I would say they improved as the game went on.

That’s all the preseason is about, which makes it a success. We got some good reps and avoided injuries. 

The win doesn’t mean we’ve arrived, by any means, and still lots of work to do. This was just a practice for the regular season.

• Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1

Just now, Goal_thecup said:

a little over the top, don't cha think?

Not really. He's commenting as though everything has to be perfect, it never is. 

And that's how Coronel Klink was in 

Just now, Rekker said:

It wouldn't even be close. Tochett would take most everyone on the Canucks right now. Lol.

That's what I said earlier, responding to some other guy. 

• Cheers 1

27 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

All the whiners and wet blankets back on the bandwagon ... lol

The Oilers got the first goal and the whole 1st period looked like Seattle again. Against an Oilers team without their top players that played in Calgary last night. 

This game was on a knife edge. And we could not afford to lose it. 

Just now, Barn Burner said:

Oh please. It's a joke. Lighten up. He's coming across as though everything has to be perfect. It never is. 

Ok, I'm cool. I like your sense of humour and DeNiro can be a bit dry, but frick'n Hitler?

Go Canucks Go!  Looked good tonight.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Just now, Goal_thecup said:

Ok, I'm cool. I like your sense of humour and DeNiro can be a bit dry, but frick'n Hitler?

Go Canucks Go!  Looked good tonight.

Come on, it's nothing against no one. I have great friends who are German. It's just too bad people have to take things so serious. 

But back to the game! You're right, they looked a lot better into the 2nd, till the end. GCG! 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Barn Burner said:

Come on, it's nothing against no one. I have great friends who are German. It's just too bad people have to take things so serious. 

But back to the game! You're right, they looked a lot better into the 2nd, till the end. GCG! 

Just, "Don't mention the war!"

• Haha 1