[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks Vs. Edmonton Soilers, Rogers Arena, September 30, @ 6PM PST, Preseason Game #4 Redemption

Truefan99

Who will win?  

126 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

2. 2. Which team opens scoring?

3. 3. How many goals will Vancouver score?

This poll is closed to new votes

1 hour ago, Tusk said:

I dont know if I am just stupid? PDG has been lucky to play on the lines he played, of course he is gonna get some points.

But especially tonight I saw him miss some passes. Even Hughes had to wrestle the puck from the air.

Boeser was wide open twice and Millar put the puck to wide open PDG twice, and the guy makes Brock go on knees for a short one and over extend on the second. Is he dating Tocchet?

I just went out,they pull me back in

1 hour ago, BlockerHigh said:

Foote could wipe the ice with his head today. 

the oilers are such a cocky team that when they lose they play dirty. 

I want miller to teach Nurse a lesson. Miller isn’t a fighter but he’s tough as nails and he’s got old man strength and old man toughness. 

Nurse is a tough kid but Miller would school him. And angry miller is the scruffy dude in a bar in texas you don’t mess with. 

Didn’t Horvat beat up Nurse?  If Horvat can do that so can Miller.  Nurse wishes he was a Doctor…

• Haha 4

12 minutes ago, Dankmemes187 said:

13 minutes ago, Dankmemes187 said:
15 minutes ago, Dankmemes187 said:

did petey gain weight? he looks a little more thick than usual

Looks like it to me.  definitely has what weight he does carry very well proportioned and I think will serve him well..

9 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Didn’t Horvat beat up Nurse?  If Horvat can do that so can Miller.  Nurse wishes he was a Doctor…

So did MacEwen, before the "doctor" resorted to body slamming Zack, out of fear of getting his butt kicked. 

• ThereItIs 1

4 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Looks like it to me.  definitely has what weight he does carry very well proportioned and I think will serve him well..

Hopefully a few extra pounds of muscle makes him harder to play against and make him sturdier when he battles. 

Most guys naturally fill out, and I’m glad he’s starting to as well. 

The hands and the quick thinking are still there. 

• Like 1

Just now, Sharpshooter said:

Hopefully a few extra points of muscle makes him harder to play against and make him sturdier when he battles. 

Most guys naturally fill out, and I’m glad he’s starting to as well. 

The hands and the quick thinking are still there. 

And he had a couple of real good hits, where he rocked the guys and knocked 'em off their feet. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Barn Burner said:

And he had a couple of real good hits, where he rocked the guys and knocked 'em off their feet. 

Absolutely. He’s not a hitter by any means, but he seems to be learning the ‘NHL’ way of making plays by making room. 

Hitting or moving someone off the play or out of the/a play, is at times as imperative as making/finishing a play. 

Time and space. That’s what it’s all about. 

• Cheers 3
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Sharpshooter said:

Absolutely. He’s not a hitter by any means, but he seems to be learning the ‘NHL’ way of making plays by making room. 

Hitting or moving someone off the play or out of the a play, is at times as imperative as making/finishing a play. 

Time and space. That’s what it’s all about. 

Petey's a winner, period. He hates losing and that's why he broke the "Magic Man's" records in the SHL, won the league championship, Calder trophy, and continues to develop into a player we are fortunate to have. 

Thankfully, he has that inner fire to stand up and not take crap from others. 

And he's showing already, that he's only getting better. 

Lucky us!

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

27 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Tired Pbs Nature GIF by Nature on PBS

when you cannot recieve a pass, the problem is the person sending it. Not you. When Boeser is getting a pass he his thinking where he wants to snipe it and recieving the pass shouldnt be the problem. put Garland in for PDG even if someone is paying you on the side to play him

5 minutes ago, JamesB said:

Lots of things going on in tonight's game. Here are some things stuck out for me.

1. With McDavid and Draisaital not playing, Edmonton is not very good. It would have been disappointing to lose this game. Fortunately things worked out despite a relatively poor first period.

2. I was wondering if Miller and Boeser would step things up. They did and both guys had very good games. In terms of advanced stats (Corsi, Expected Goals) that line was by far the best on the ice tonight. And Miller and Boeser were good on the PP as well. But the guy who really deserves credit is PDG -- plays hard, goes to the net, responsible in his own zone, plays tough. He has earned a spot on the team. 

3. Nice to see Petey getting untracked. And guess who led the team in hits tonight? Yeah, it was Petey. And those were tough hits. And Petey continues to be good on the dot. But Beauvillier did not have much value-added on the that line. He was underwhelming and I am not convinced he deserves to be in the top 6. Obviously Mik would take that spot if he was healthy.

4. The star of the game was Hughes. Great game. And he makes any partner look good. Speaking of partners, McWard was okay. I was hoping for a bit more and the 3 penalties are a bad look. But he is still in the conversation to be in the starting line-up.

5. Bluegar was great on the PK (again) and good generally. But Suter was underwhelming.

So it is not all ponies and rainbows despite the nice win, but it is a relief to get one in the W column. And progress has been made on some of the biggest problems, like the PK. And Soucy and Cole both add a lot to the D.

Thanks for the summary. You make good points. I am beginning to understand Tocchet’s vision and the players are, too. Again, I’m seeing players supporting the puck and having each other’s back. And I like PDG.

• Thanks 1