[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks Vs. Edmonton Soilers, Rogers Arena, September 30, @ 6PM PST, Preseason Game #4 Redemption

Truefan99

Who will win?  

126 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

2. 2. Which team opens scoring?

3. 3. How many goals will Vancouver score?

This poll is closed to new votes

Desharnais is a piece of crap

Miller had lots of time at the end to take a shot, maybe get a goal himself, really stick it to EDM after that cheap shot by Desharnais. But Miller just kept the puck to himself, for like 30 seconds, and ran out the clock. Why didn't he shoot or pass to team mates so they could shoot? 

36 minutes ago, Nucker67 said:

Miller had lots of time at the end to take a shot, maybe get a goal himself, really stick it to EDM after that cheap shot by Desharnais. But Miller just kept the puck to himself, for like 30 seconds, and ran out the clock. Why didn't he shoot or pass to team mates so they could shoot? 

Cuz it's the preseason. Who gives a fuck. The EXHIBITION GAME was already long over lol

• ThereItIs 2

When he says he's not just looking for point shots and wants to get inside tells me he's going to tally plenty of goals this year!

He's got either four or five team-mates, (regular strength or power-play), to pick-up on this and help plow the road "as it were" .

End result? Mega season for the leader...........

• Like 2
  • Huggy Bear 2

7 hours ago, A_G said:

At work so I cant watch the game (yet). Will watch the recorded game soon but I saw this on twitter.  That Erne guy is a punk (Desharnais too)

The league better look at that. If Bertuzzi can be crucified for a gloved punch during game play, this BS after the whistle has NO place in the game. Deshart/Bert and Ernie need to be addressed.

Oilers are a bunch of goofs...they're all nurses now.

385485477_10160543832660549_872679564650

• Vintage 1

Couple thoughts…

I like the group, but we need more forward grit in place of Beauvillier, Garland, Podkolzin, Hoglander and a veteran RD for Huggy. All due respect to McWard, but the penalties and inexperience will kill this team over the long term of the season.  

2 hours ago, WillisD said:

Nice win! Keep building up the game boys! Hughes gets the Norris this year! 

I'd be happy if he gets to the top 3 vote getter THIS year and rock their world NEXT season. 

10 hours ago, Jack Gordon said:

ISjn0Hb.jpg

It's true though.

Let the Oilers leave frustrated and pissy...we didn't have to engage with the Frankenfuks on that team and risk injury for a preseason tilt. But the league better address it....give De-shart the Bertuzzi treatment. Cross check to the face post whistle? I don't think so.

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, Nucker67 said:

he's showing a little bit of class...unlike the Soilers, who would have moved heaven and earth to get two more goals in the final 38 seconds

19 minutes ago, Seventy7 said:

Couple thoughts…

I like the group, but we need more forward grit in place of Beauvillier, Garland, Podkolzin, Hoglander and a veteran RD for Huggy. All due respect to McWard, but the penalties and inexperience will kill this team over the long term of the season.  

Agreed, those wingers bring very little to the table. Mikheyev brings speed and grit. Kuzmenko brings an elite shot. Boeser is now bringing assists. PDG brings size, a good screen and grit. What does Garland, Beauvillier, Hoglander or Podkolzin bring? Sadly been disappointed with Hoglander and Podkolzin, but they're competing against Garland and Beauvillier who don't bring much to the table anyway. At least Garland plays with heart and a bit of grit but Beauvillier really is quite average.

I'm surprised we haven't tried Cole and Hughes together, if Cole can play well on the right (which he's proven in his career that he can do) then he's the perfect rugged defencemen for Hughes. McWard  on our top pairing is a big ask.

24 minutes ago, Johngould21 said:

I'm a Canuck fan through and through, but a huge part of me wants to see Brandon Sutter win a spot in the NHL, whether its the Coilers or another team. He looks fully recovered, and would look good on this Canuck roster too.

I hope we move on from him. Been there, done that. If anything we need someone like him with a physical presence. I find we have too many of the same type of players. We need players with sandpaper and Sutter has never been that despite his size.

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82
  • Cheers 1

35 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

When he says he's not just looking for point shots and wants to get inside tells me he's going to tally plenty of goals this year!

He's got either four or five team-mates, (regular strength or power-play), to pick-up on this and help plow the road "as it were" .

End result? Mega season for the leader...........

He shoots to thrill 

• Cheers 1

16 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

It's true though.

Let the Oilers leave frustrated and pissy...we didn't have to engage with the Frankenfuks on that team and risk injury for a preseason tilt. But the league better address it....give De-shart the Bertuzzi treatment. Cross check to the face post whistle? I don't think so.

I am concerned that we won't be able to push back if they go after our smaller players. I know some have said Dakota Joshua but he has never struck me as someone who plays that role. I am worried teams will take advantage of the team being on the smaller side. Oilers were all sort of laughing at the team at the end. 

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82

6 minutes ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Agreed, those wingers bring very little to the table. Mikheyev brings speed and grit. Kuzmenko brings an elite shot. Boeser is now bringing assists. PDG brings size, a good screen and grit. What does Garland, Beauvillier, Hoglander or Podkolzin bring? Sadly been disappointed with Hoglander and Podkolzin, but they're competing against Garland and Beauvillier who don't bring much to the table anyway. At least Garland plays with heart and a bit of grit but Beauvillier really is quite average.

I'm surprised we haven't tried Cole and Hughes together, if Cole can play well on the right (which he's proven in his career that he can do) then he's the perfect rugged defencemen for Hughes. McWard  on our top pairing is a big ask.

Disappointed with hogz?  I thought he played great last night

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

I am concerned that we won't be able to push back if they go after our smaller players. I know some have said Dakota Joshua but he has never struck me as someone who plays that role. I am worried teams will take advantage of the team being on the smaller side.

Thing is, this is where the league's supposed to have it covered.

It's one thing to be able to take a good solid hit or even fight. But this dirty stuff has no business in hockey anymore and retaliating never gets us anywhere except suspended. The Oilers are complete trash, that's become obvious. They're Mcdirty as can be yet the biggest whiners when they're penalized (Bouchard, Nurse). They cry.

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, stawns said:

Disappointed with hogz?  I thought he played great last night

Me too.

He made a couple of good heads up plays and plays just physical enough to keep control of the puck.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

I am concerned that we won't be able to push back if they go after our smaller players. I know some have said Dakota Joshua but he has never struck me as someone who plays that role. I am worried teams will take advantage of the team being on the smaller side. Oilers were all sort of laughing at the team at the end. 

If they're laughing after a loss the joke's on them. Oh yea, you won the tussle and get zero points for that. I know, it's preseason and we don't either but they'd better not get ahead of themselves. Again. 

Just now, -dlc- said:

Me too.

He made a couple of good heads up plays and plays just physical enough to keep control of the puck.

Ya I think he's been fine. I was really hoping Podz had one more chance. I am sure he will be in one of the last two games. I hope he just plays with urgency. He's letting slip with his passive play. I really think Podz could be a great player. It's weird how he struggles with the mental aspect of the game.

• Like 2