[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks Vs. Edmonton Soilers, Rogers Arena, September 30, @ 6PM PST, Preseason Game #4 Redemption

Truefan99

Who will win?  

126 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

2. 2. Which team opens scoring?

3. 3. How many goals will Vancouver score?

This poll is closed to new votes

Just now, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Ya I think he's been fine. I was really hoping Podz had one more chance. I am sure he will be in one of the last two games. I hope he just plays with urgency. He's letting slip with his passive play. I really think Podz could be a great player. It's weird how he struggles with the mental aspect of the game.

Yep, Podz needs to step up more for sure. He's gotta prove something more out there. I hope he does...so much potential. I'm sure Tocchet will light a fire under him. He obviously put Joshua on notice and his game improved...although I want him to take the physicality he showed with Garland to games vs other teams.

• Huggy Bear 1
  • Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1

Just now, -dlc- said:

Yep, Podz needs to step up more for sure. He's gotta prove something more out there. I hope he does...so much potential. I'm sure Tocchet will light a fire under him. He obviously put Joshua on notice and his game improved...although I want him to take the physicality he showed with Garland to games vs other teams.

Ya, I would just love him to use the body more as well. He doesn't really hit when he is out there. Maybe he thinks he will be out of position but wasn't he supposed to have a physical element to his game. Maybe it's more taking it to the net which he also hasn't really done consistently at this point.

• Cheers 1

12 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

How'd I miss this? Oilers are complete trash. They're out to injure players and it's not cool at all.

How did the two refs miss this one? Clearly a late (and high) hit. 
Brock had 4 points last night. He’s going to be over 80 points this year. Big year for our club. 

• Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Ya, I would just love him to use the body more as well. He doesn't really hit when he is out there. Maybe he thinks he will be out of position but wasn't he supposed to have a physical element to his game. Maybe it's more taking it to the net which he also hasn't really done consistently at this point.

The thing that’s so good about Pods is he’s big. The coaches can teach him physical play. Can’t teach a Smurf to be physical. It’s a Smurf. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

I think that Podz really needs to mature.  What I mean is that he thinks too much and when you do that, you're just a little bit behind the guys who don't think and play on instinct.  It'll affect his confidence as well.  I'd like to think that he can learn to play without thinking every move.  

• Cheers 2
  • ThereItIs 1

21 minutes ago, grumpyone said:

I'd be happy if he gets to the top 3 vote getter THIS year and rock their world NEXT 

Yeah I wasn't too serious about Quinn getting it this year. Even if he does have an amazing year he has to overcome the eastern media bias. I still think he should have won the Calder. It'll take a few years before he's undeniably the best!

3 minutes ago, Crabcakes said:

I think that Podz really needs to mature.  What I mean is that he thinks too much and when you do that, you're just a little bit behind the guys who don't think and play on instinct.  It'll affect his confidence as well.  I'd like to think that he can learn to play without thinking every move.  

He just turned 22 in the summer so no shame in him starting in Abby and playing lots of mins. If they trade AB at the deadline, a spot might be there for him later in the season.

Edited by NoCupSyndrome
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

I'm high on Hoglander but I think it would be smart to package him for someone to play with Quinn.

All the chips fall on this season. It's sink or swim and I'm not sold on a rookie (McWard) playing on the first D pair.

Edited by xMagnus
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, xMagnus said:

I'm high on Highlander but I think it would be smart to package him for someone to play with Quinn.

All the chips fall on this season. It's sink or swim and I'm not sold on a rookie (McWard) playing on the first D pair.

Highlander? Never heard of him 🤔😆

Who Is That Jeremy Renner GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

I still think we need this type of player. Man I miss this guy in a Canucks uni. This pic says it all.

IMG_4036.jpeg.4c7e1377722105691758652d7317c198.jpeg

Totally!one doesn’t want to fight a guy already missing front teeth!

10 hours ago, Tusk said:

Oh, so both you and Tocc are dating him? how does that make you feel? Like are you looking at skills or just his beauty regiment and his beard? Oh its the Beard!

Congratulations on your tiny understanding of hockey

• Haha 1
  • Vintage 2

1 hour ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

I hope we move on from him. Been there, done that. If anything we need someone like him with a physical presence. I find we have too many of the same type of players. We need players with sandpaper and Sutter has never been that despite his size.

The jest of my post was that he can still play in the NHL. I agree, the Canucks don't need any more recycling of players from previous regimes.

1 hour ago, Seventy7 said:

Couple thoughts…

I like the group, but we need more forward grit in place of Beauvillier, Garland, Podkolzin, Hoglander and a veteran RD for Huggy. All due respect to McWard, but the penalties and inexperience will kill this team over the long term of the season.  

1 hour ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

I am concerned that we won't be able to push back if they go after our smaller players. I know some have said Dakota Joshua but he has never struck me as someone who plays that role. I am worried teams will take advantage of the team being on the smaller side. Oilers were all sort of laughing at the team at the end

18 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

I still think we need this type of player. Man I miss this guy in a Canucks uni. This pic says it all.

IMG_4036.jpeg.4c7e1377722105691758652d7317c198.jpeg

imagine him on this Canucks teams.

I don't know how many don't see this as a big issue. Time after time, we have been intimidated into submission both in the playoffs and in the regular seasons. 

Whether its Boston, or Calgary, or Chicago and now, Edmonton, we need to be able to employ this style of hockey when needed.

Yes the game has progressed to where its fast paced and highly skilled, but many teams still employ physicality as part of their game and we need to be able to respond and not turtle and submit to them.

I liked seeing PDG get his hands dirty when Miller was getting into it last night, but we can't just skate away and think the refs or the league are going to take care of business, "been there done that" already.

Live on the island so don't get to go to games but was able to attend last night, As you all probably know, in person is so different from TV, so much quicker, ice seems so much smaller, so little time for players to make a play. Just a couple of thoughts.

Myers seems to know what to do and  tries to do the right things but just failsto pull it off  much of the time

Petey and Kuz are so skilled

Hughes makes it look so easy

Hronek, questioned that trade but he is a really good defenceman.

Di Giuseppe was so good at both ends of the ice, he should stick with the big club

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

I don't know how many don't see this as a big issue. Time after time, we have been intimidated into submission both in the playoffs and in the regular seasons. 

Whether its Boston, or Calgary, or Chicago and now, Edmonton, we need to be able to employ this style of hockey when needed.

Yes the game has progressed to where its fast paced and highly skilled, but many teams still employ physicality as part of their game and we need to be able to respond and not turtle and submit to them.

I liked seeing PDG get his hands dirty when Miller was getting into it last night, but we can't just skate away and think the refs or the league are going to take care of business, "been there done that" already.

I think they were expecting Podz to have more of an impact physically than he has and be a power forward type. He may still be but you can't wait forever. If you don't have that element you need to find it in the meantime. Tochett knows it as well that's why he always makes subtle hints. I think that and a physical dman will be their top priorities. Problem is, where do they find these players?

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82

8 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

I think they were expecting Podz to have more of an impact physically than he has and be a power forward type. He may still be but you can't wait forever. If you don't have that element you need to find it in the meantime. Tochett knows it as well that's why he always makes subtle hints. I think that and a physical dman will be their top priorities. Problem is, where do they find these players?

It always seems to be our big fail with this club. Ferlund? Didn't happen, Virtanen? Nope, Podz is the new experiment which doesn't seem to be panning out either. 

You would think that Myers and his huge frame would have brought us more physicality too.

That and we still have not been able to rid ourselves of some of these smaller wingers.

Where to find these players is the huge question. 

Some say the #1 C , the PMD and the goalie are the tough pieces to find. I am saying this type of player is just as elusive and just as important.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1