[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks Vs. Edmonton Soilers, Rogers Arena, September 30, @ 6PM PST, Preseason Game #4 Redemption

Truefan99

Who will win?  

126 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

2. 2. Which team opens scoring?

3. 3. How many goals will Vancouver score?

This poll is closed to new votes

21 minutes ago, Moeknows said:

Live on the island so don't get to go to games but was able to attend last night, As you all probably know, in person is so different from TV, so much quicker, ice seems so much smaller, so little time for players to make a play. Just a couple of thoughts.

Myers seems to know what to do and  tries to do the right things but just failsto pull it off  much of the time

Petey and Kuz are so skilled

Hughes makes it look so easy

Hronek, questioned that trade but he is a really good defenceman.

Di Giuseppe was so good at both ends of the ice, he should stick with the big club

I’m really liking Hronek too. Soucy and Cole are looking solid as well. It’s crazy to think about how bad our D was last year other than Hughes of course.

We still have holes, by my goodness our back end is so much better off than it was at this time last year. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

It always seems to be our big fail with this club. Ferlund? Didn't happen, Virtanen? Nope, Podz is the new experiment which doesn't seem to be panning out either. 

You would think that Myers and his huge frame would have brought us more physicality too.

That and we still have not been able to rid ourselves of some of these smaller wingers.

Where to find these players is the huge question. 

Some say the #1 C , the PMD and the goalie are the tough pieces to find. I am saying this type of player is just as elusive and just as important.

Yip, they are called Unicorns for a reason. Definitely something this franchise is lacking. Joshua doesn't seem to get it either. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Crabcakes said:

I think that Podz really needs to mature.  What I mean is that he thinks too much and when you do that, you're just a little bit behind the guys who don't think and play on instinct.  It'll affect his confidence as well.  I'd like to think that he can learn to play without thinking every move.  

IBM ThinkPad says you won the Sunday Morning Think Post Challenge: 5 thinks!

I still have one in The Forgotten Works (my basement 'den'):

Ibm laptop hi-res stock photography and images - Alamy

Thing weighed about 8 pounds without the 3 or 4 pound adapter, cords, etc; just a frick'n beast.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hughes is the real deal this year. He seems hungry to score and win. Thinking 100+ points and a Norris nomination, maybe a win.

Podkolzin seems to really overthink the game and what his instructions are. He needs to just play and be a bull out there. If he doesn't have the smarts or the heart, then back to Abby for him, or possibly a new team. He is still young at 22, but his age isn't the issue. Podz is and could very well remain a borderline NHL player. I've wondered if that fight he got into 2 years ago shook him and he hasn't really recovered. (mentally) He's playing it too safe, trying too hard not to make a mistake. 

DiGiuseppe

Aman

Studnicka

Blueger

Suter

Hoglander

Really like what these guys ^^ are bringing. Joshua, not so much. He's a big player who doesn't play physical enough, IMO. And he looks out of shape.

to MTL - Joshua and Podkolzin (this would be really tough to do)

to VAN - Anderson

...but, Anderson did score 21 in 69 games last year. He's a big forward who knows how to play big.

Kuzmenko - Pettersson - Anderson

Mikheyev/Hoglander - Miller - Boeser

11 minutes ago, Nucker67 said:

Hughes is the real deal this year. He seems hungry to score and win. Thinking 100+ points and a Norris nomination, maybe a win.

Podkolzin seems to really overthink the game and what his instructions are. He needs to just play and be a bull out there. If he doesn't have the smarts or the heart, then back to Abby for him, or possibly a new team. He is still young at 22, but his age isn't the issue. Podz is and could very well remain a borderline NHL player. I've wondered if that fight he got into 2 years ago shook him and he hasn't really recovered. (mentally) He's playing it too safe, trying too hard not to make a mistake. 

DiGiuseppe

Aman

Studnicka

Blueger

Suter

Hoglander

Really like what these guys ^^ are bringing. Joshua, not so much. He's a big player who doesn't play physical enough, IMO. And he looks out of shape.

to VAN - Anderson

...but, Anderson did score 21 in 69 games last year. He's a big forward who knows how to play big.

The fact Joshua came into the season in bad shape suggests he should just be demoted. You don't want to take it seriously, you can't be here. Yes they need the size but what does keeping him around when he could care less about being in great shape so to players who put the work in? Supposedly most of the guys worked hard. He decided to not put the work in. It's insulting really if you don't hold him accountable. You have to set a standard and that should be it.

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82

22 minutes ago, Nucker67 said:

DiGiuseppe

Aman

Studnicka

Blueger

Suter

Hoglander

to VAN - Anderson

How would we fit him in our cap? Thaf would be a bad trade imo.

13 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

The fact Joshua came into the season in bad shape suggests he should just be demoted. You don't want to take it seriously, you can't be here. Yes they need the size but what does keeping him around when he could care less about being in great shape so to players who put the work in? Supposedly most of the guys worked hard. He decided to not put the work in. It's insulting really if you don't hold him accountable. You have to set a standard and that should be it.

Joshua has a spot on this team because of his physicality and willingness to fight. Especially when no one else among our forwards except Miller is capable of doing so.

19 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Podkolzin & Hirose sent down. I'm surprised Hirose didn't get more of an opportunity.

With Hirose, I think he simply needs to get physically bigger and stronger to be an every day NHLer. One of the sports reporters on 650 commented that he’s an absolute beanpole without his hockey gear on. Hopefully he can bulk up a bit because the hockey smarts sure seem to be there. 

• Cheers 3
  • Vintage 1

4 hours ago, Nucker67 said:

Desharnais is a piece of crap

Miller had lots of time at the end to take a shot, maybe get a goal himself, really stick it to EDM after that cheap shot by Desharnais. But Miller just kept the puck to himself, for like 30 seconds, and ran out the clock. Why didn't he shoot or pass to team mates so they could shoot? 

Do not anger the hockey gods, for they are fickle.

38 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

McWard might actually make the team. I like him. Yes, he took penalties but he is still learning the NHL game. He has the wheels and hockey sense. Just needs time. 

To be fair 2 of those 3 calls were pretty borderline.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Strawbone said:

With Hirose, I think he simply needs to get physically bigger and stronger to be an every day NHLer. One of the sports reporters on 650 commented that he’s an absolute beanpole without his hockey gear on. Hopefully he can bulk up a bit because the hockey smarts sure seem to be there. 

Get some workout advice from Petey? The guy looks like he's been hitting the gym all summer. (In between water skiing).

I feel like at this point. Woo is what Woo be. Just not quite good enough. Looks to be the case for Boner as well. It's crazy how Podkolzin was called up late last season but Hogs stayed in Abby. But now Podkolzin is being sent to Abby and Hogs is staying on the big club. I get waivers is a thing. But it makes you wonder why he didn't just stay in Abby for the rest of last season as well. If Podkolzin had Hogs' dog and Hogs had Podkolzin's size we'd have a really dynamic duo there. Surprised Bains didn't get one more game, but he has kinda fallen off as camp went on. Fingers crossed Rathbone gets claimed though. Ngl. Lol. But my guess is he's just trade bait if/when goalie injuries come up and we can flip him for another Delia or something.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2