[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks Vs. Edmonton Soilers, Rogers Arena, September 30, @ 6PM PST, Preseason Game #4 Redemption

Truefan99

Who will win?  

126 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

2. 2. Which team opens scoring?

3. 3. How many goals will Vancouver score?

This poll is closed to new votes

1 minute ago, EdgarM said:

Mik will probably be the guy on the first line

I was thinking that at first as well. But then Mikheyev is so fast and defensively sound seems like the kinda matchup guy you'd want playing with Miller and Boes?  But it's a good question. Hell, based on who they're playing on a given night that could change? Seems obvious they want Podkolzin there... just a matter of him being ready to earn that job. But in the meantime... yeah. Interesting to ponder either way.

• Cheers 1

Just now, Canuckle said:

I was thinking that at first as well. But then Mikheyev is so fast and defensively sound seems like the kinda matchup guy you'd want playing with Miller and Boes?  But it's a good question. Hell, based on who they're playing on a given night that could change? Seems obvious they want Podkolzin there... just a matter of him being ready to earn that job. But in the meantime... yeah. Interesting to ponder either way.

Pods needs to relax and just play. Millers wife should spend the night with Pods’ wife and JTM takes Pods out and gets him tanked. Worked for Richard. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Canuckle said:

I actually thought Joshua would be a good guy with Miller but I am not seeing it this year. Its definitely a toss up at this point in who will fill those positions.

Just now, Alflives said:

Pods needs to relax and just play. Millers wife should spend the night with Pods’ wife and JTM takes Pods out and gets him tanked. Worked for Richard. 

For a minute I didn't know where you were going with this lol 

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 2

Love how were paying a trillion dollars to wingers and yet PDG is our second-line winger 😬

Not hating on the dude, he plays a tidy game, but shouldn't be on the second line on a team that wants to challenge. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Slegr said:

“Millsy,” maybe, but I’m not convinced about the other guy.

I was really hoping this was Boeser's year and he would come out flying, but I see his same bad habits he has developed over the years. I think he get supplanted by Garland or Beau TBH. I did see him actually bodycheck the last game though, thats an improvement.😊

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Devron said:

DiGiuseppe in the top 6 this year is a problem. I get that Tocc likes him. I like his work ethic but we gotta score goals. We aren’t going to out defend teams yet. 2-1 wins I just don’t think are realistic with this roster 

The top guys need some protection, plus this is the reason I like McWard with Hughes. They'll get a lot of offense going. Also I like Bains over Studnicka,  that guy cannot score his way out of a paper bag. (Or try Raty who has size and worked hard this off season and has offensive upside)

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, JamesB said:

Excellent call. I have the same read. I wrote down my preferred line-up yesterday and this is it. The biggest question mark is obviously McWard. But this is the experiment I would try for now. One issue is that the guys pushed out of the starting 6: Irwin, Wolanin, Brisebois, and Juulsen, have not looked particularly good. Juulsen has been disappointing and the other three guys have been ok but have not really make a claim on the #6 spot. (And the other guys --Woo, Rathbone, and Johansson) have not made a serious bid to make the NHL roster.

With the forwards, it makes sense to drop Hogs down the line-up. He has not shown the same level of finishing skill as Beau. The big questions there are i) can Joshua force his way into the line-up and ii) what happens when Mik is healthy. Joshua probably plays the next game and will have a shot to displace Aman, Studnicka, or maybe Hogs.

As for Mik being healthy, the odds suggest that someone else will pick up an injury soon, but if everyone is healthy, Mik goes to the first line and Beau probably goes to the 3rd line with Garland and Suter and we have 4 guys battling for two wing positions.

Agree Joshua is competing with Åman, Studnicka and Högs, and that’s a good thing. Play heavy and well enough to steal a job or it’s pressbox popcorn.

Mikheyev makes any line better, and I could be sold on him anywhere from the 1st to 3rd on a dedicated checking line.

1 hour ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

Hmmm ...

I thought it was on S-boar-tsNet Pacific.

😉

S-boar-tsnet Pig-cific?

Edited by Huggy Bear
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Devron said:

DiGiuseppe in the top 6 this year is a problem. I get that Tocc likes him. I like his work ethic but we gotta score goals. We aren’t going to out defend teams yet. 2-1 wins I just don’t think are realistic with this roster 

We don’t need to go too far in the past to remember Burrows on the Sedins line. Seemed to have worked just fine, if my memory serves me right.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1