St. Louis Blues Offer Sheet Oilers Holloway and Broberg

2 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Pretty much.

Who even signed those deals? Jackson?

Maybe let your new GM take care of the cap?

Don’t know... but what a amateur ish process.  It's like making an impulse buy,  tputting the expense on your maxxed out credit card... but rejected.  Now resorting to finding a loan shark to take the debt! 

• Haha 2

38 minutes ago, Hogs and Podz said:

Don’t know... but what a amateur ish process.  It's like making an impulse buy,  tputting the expense on your maxxed out credit card... but rejected.  Now resorting to finding a loan shark to take the debt! 

Lol pretty much.

Arvidsson I can definitely see value in but watching the playoffs was anyone thinking man this team needs more soft skill?

I guess they’re still thinking they need to take more minutes away from McDavid and Draisaitl but I don’t see that happening.

• Cheers 2

It’s a lose lose situation for the scumbags.

makes panic trades which will cost the team  to make cap space to keep two guys that’ll be over paid 

or 

take two less than mediocre picks and a little bit of cap space and watch them walk. 

the Blues played it perfectly 

the oilers went out and signed free agents instead of taking take of their own and sent the message to those two players you aren’t that important hence making it to easy for the  offer sheet

The only other option is the scumbag special and is  My prediction-  they’ll   play the kanes going on LTIR  and sign these guys and magically  Kane will be ready for game one  if they make the playoffs. The tampa Vegas model. League will once again look the other way because Mcbitch will do what he actually  does best cry and bitch. 

Not many things make me happier than seeing that entitled scumbag  franchise suffer. 

Fingers crossed crycycle signs for 14 mill for 8 years 

Edited by Combover
  • Cheers 3

6 minutes ago, Combover said:

It’s a lose lose situation for the scumbags.

makes panic trades which will cost the team  to make cap space to keep two guys that’ll be over paid 

or 

take two less than mediocre picks and a little bit of cap space and watch them walk. 

the Blues played it perfectly 

the oilers went out and signed free agents instead of taking take of their own and sent the message to those two players you aren’t that important hence making it to easy for the  offer sheet

The only other option is the scumbag special and is  My prediction-  they’ll   play the kanes going on LTIR  and sign these guys and magically  Kane will be ready for game one  if they make the playoffs. The tampa Vegas model. League will once again look the other way because Mcbitch will do what he actually  does best cry and bitch. 

Not many things make me happier than seeing that entitled scumbag  franchise suffer. 

Fingers crossed crycycle signs for 14 mill for 8 years 

League may be under more pressure to not look the other way with Edmonton having a sex criminal as a GM.  The other owners can't be happy about the Oilers disgracing the sport by hiring a dirtbag like Bowman.

Edited by King Heffy
  • ThereItIs 1

49 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Excellent.  

Poolman for Kulak+1st

I would do this all day long! Probably speak for most of CFF as well. The first would be an excellent trade chip come TDL.

Edited by Rocket-68
  • Like 3
  • ThereItIs 1

2 hours ago, King Heffy said:

League may be under more pressure to not look the other way with Edmonton having a sex criminal as a GM.  The other owners can't be happy about the Oilers disgracing the sport by hiring a dirtbag like Bowman.

You’d hope but who cleared Bowman to be reinstated.

only reason the league might not look the other way is this is a Canadian team using that loophole. 

• Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

we could probably move Kulak as well for free if wanted to. Good to have the useful depth tho. 

It would be so funny to get a 2nd to take on Kulak because another GM wants to really put the screws to them, and then get an actual return flipping him because we aren’t in a bind.

• Like 2
  • ThereItIs 2

2 minutes ago, Provost said:

It would be so funny to get a 2nd to take on Kulak because another GM wants to really put the screws to them, and then get an actual return flipping him because we aren’t in a bind.

I don't know how likely it is with his term, but hey you never know. With no trade protection I could see CHI being interested for a later round pick. 

Does anybody seriously believe that the Oilers would trade Kulak and a sweetener to a division foe, a serious contender at that? I’m going to go out on a limb and say no way. This whole angle  has to be part of some collective summery fever dream, doesn’t it?

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

8 minutes ago, Zimmyparttwo said:

Does anybody seriously believe that the Oilers would trade Kulak and a sweetener to a division foe, a serious contender at that? I’m going to go out on a limb and say no way. This whole angle  has to be part of some collective summery fever dream, doesn’t it?

depends. If all the other GMs are demanding a 1st, and we say take Poolman and give us a 2nd, it's the better deal for EDM. 

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Zimmyparttwo said:

Not really part of any fever dream. You just have to go back to last year when we traded with Calgary twice to get Zadorov and Lindhom. I'm sure your line of thinking might be similar to some GMs, but it's clearly not the same way of thinking as our GM.

Whether or not a trade with Edmonton happens we obviously don't know yet, but saying Edmonton would never trade a player like Kulak to a division rival... it's an old school way of thinking in my opinion that's not really what seems to currently happen in this league.

Edited by The Lock
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

Had something come across my Facebook feed with a Source: NHL New and Updates but no link. Apparently Broberg will be let go and Edmonton is matching Holloway.

Take with a grain of salt but if true then at least in the realm of possibilities. Now over to @HKSR to work the numbers if this is even remotely true ... 🤪

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Rocket-68 said:

Had something come across my Facebook feed with a Source: NHL New and Updates but no link. Apparently Broberg will be let go and Edmonton is matching Holloway.

Take with a grain of salt but if true then at least in the realm of possibilities. Now over to @HKSR to work the numbers if this is even remotely true ... 🤪

Would make sense as all they would have to do is trade Kulak to get it done I believe.

Probably cost them a 2nd which they gain back as compensation for Broberg. 

Edited by DeNiro
  • Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, Captain insano said:

Then oilers are down kulak desharnais and broberg and add brown and a 2nd….. their back end isint going to look pretty never mind they lost a couple of their best PK forwards to boot in mcloud and foegel 

They're going to have an ECHL quality blueline at this rate.  Ekholm is old, but he's still their only legit NHL considering their refusal to play Stecher.

• Wiener 1

4 hours ago, gizmo2337 said:

It would have to be a 2026 pick. They already traded away the 2025 picks and the season hasn't even started yet lol.

Probably a better pick anyways after they will need to dump more contracts and NHL depth to fit draisaitl in

1 hour ago, Johnny said:

Probably a better pick anyways after they will need to dump more contracts and NHL depth to fit draisaitl in

I really hope for $33M-ish for Dry-my-bitchpad and McJesus combined  .... with these 2 (Hall &Bro) leaving I would hazard a guess the Coilers will start to delve into the "SHOW ME THE JERRY MAGUIRE MONEY" coming in if they want to retain these 2 (Bitch & Dry) ... who will demand trades later to contenders once they have their bag.

Jim "I have never seen an UFA I didn't like" Benning appeared to have had to overpay to attract talent to come here in our doldrums." Hope it happens to the Coilers.

GO MY BELOVED CANUCKS GO!

Edited by Rocket-68
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

3 hours ago, King Heffy said:

We made multiple trades with Calgary last year.

With all due respect, Calgary’s competitive window is such an afterthought that it matters little to them who they construct deals with. One could debate we are the Oils number one rival/competition at present. I’m sure a deal in which they move a very high draft pick AND a serviceable player to a team they are trying to best could happen, but I think if any of these proposals were actually broached and then completed, I’d be shaking my head vigorously, very very vigorously.

2 hours ago, Captain insano said:

Then oilers are down kulak desharnais and broberg and add brown and a 2nd….. their back end isint going to look pretty never mind they lost a couple of their best PK forwards to boot in mcloud and foegel 

But keeping Broberg would cost them Kulak and Ceci which would hurt them even more.

Broberg is far from proven and I imagine they wanna keep the roster that made it to the finals mostly in tact.