St. Louis Blues Offer Sheet Oilers Holloway and Broberg

2 minutes ago, Western Red said:

Means that Holloway is gone and they're keeping Broberg, possibly?

What do you think?

Why are we helping them?

I don’t know that we’re trying to help them so much as we got another trade brewing and Edmonton simply made the best offer for Podkolzin. 

• Cheers 1

11 minutes ago, Lemon Face said:

Why do you think we helping them?

They needed a young winger to replace Holloway and we gave them one.

I think Podz could do quite well in a new environment. Going from Green to Boudreau to Tocchet was too much of a rollercoaster for his development.

• ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

They needed a young winger to replace Holloway and we gave them one.

I think Podz could do quite well in a new environment. Going from Green to Boudreau to Tocchet was too much of a rollercoaster for his development.

It was hypothetical question.We cant saddle our self with some players contracts ,because of fear  they MIGHT become something,somewhere

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Just now, Lemon Face said:

It was hypothetical question.We cant saddle our self with some players contracts ,because of fear  they MIGHT become something,somewhere

Don’t hate the trade hate the trading the trading partner.

No need to expose yourself to wild like that.

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

Maybe Edmonton with Pods is worse then Edmonton with players lost to offer sheet

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Western Red said:

Means that Holloway is gone and they're keeping Broberg, possibly?

What do you think?

Why are we helping them?

I don't think they could. Matching Bro-job would put them past the 10% overage allowed in the off-season unless Kandy-Kane was put on LTIR. On the latter I don't know if they could right now, but someone more knowledgeable can correct me.

Edited by Rocket-68

55 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

I know you're over 80 yrs old and are currently diving off yachts, but please. Say that again.

2 hours ago, Rocket-68 said:

I don't think they could. Matching Bro-job would put them past the 10% overage allowed in the off-season unless Kandy-Kane was put on LTIR. On the latter I don't know if they could right now, but someone more knowledgeable can correct me.

Edmonton just traded Ceci…

• Cheers 1

11 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Edmonton just traded Ceci…

Cool, now where is the second shoe for Canucks ... according to PuckPedia, Coilers are now $5,925, 541 over the cap and can still push the overage by $2,874,459, unless some more trades are forthcoming.

Edited by Rocket-68

1 minute ago, Rocket-68 said:

Cool, now where is the second shoe for Canucks ... according to PuckPedia, Coilers are now $5,925, 541 over the cap and can still push the overage by $2,874,459, unless some more trades are forthcoming.

Kane will go on LTIR and then they can just send a player down to the minors and be not over

• Cheers 1

Just now, Bure10Kuzmenko96 said:

Kane will go on LTIR and then they can just send a player down to the minors and be not over

So is it confirmed that a player can be put on LTIR in the off-season? That was one bit I wasn't sure on. I do note that Poolman is on IR and not LTIR but that is because he doesn't need to be ... I think I just answered my own question.

2 minutes ago, Rocket-68 said:

So is it confirmed that a player can be put on LTIR in the off-season? That was one bit I wasn't sure on. I do note that Poolman is on IR and not LTIR but that is because he doesn't need to be ... I think I just answered my own question.

No, they have to be on LTIR during the start I think, but I'm not sure, but they will definitely be putting him on LTIR

4 minutes ago, Bure10Kuzmenko96 said:

No, they have to be on LTIR during the start I think, but I'm not sure, but they will definitely be putting him on LTIR

What I am wondering about is if the Coilers can put Kane on LTIR right now and thus his cap hit doesn't count. Right now, according to PuckPedia, Kane is on the books and the Coilers are $5,925,541 over the cap leaving them about $2.87M they could push the overage before they hit the 10% ceiling. That would be enough to match Holloway but not Broberg.

If they wanted to match both, some more money has to leave OR Kane put on LTIR right now so his cap hit doesn't count. I somehow do not think the latter is possible otherwise that would another glaring loophole to be exploited. 

If anyone knows the answer to this question definitively, would be great. 

5 minutes ago, Rocket-68 said:

What I am wondering about is if the Coilers can put Kane on LTIR right now and thus his cap hit doesn't count. Right now, according to PuckPedia, Kane is on the books and the Coilers are $5,925,541 over the cap leaving them about $2.87M they could push the overage before they hit the 10% ceiling. That would be enough to match Holloway but not Broberg.

If they wanted to match both, some more money has to leave OR Kane put on LTIR right now so his cap hit doesn't count. I somehow do not think the latter is possible otherwise that would another glaring loophole to be exploited. 

PuckPedia says they can.

IMG_1726.jpeg

• Thanks 1
  • Huggy Bear 1
  • Cheers 1

Well, the popcorn fest is almost over and has been fun so far. What is particularly exciting is IF and that is a big IF both are matched, should set up for an exciting finish to the off-season for everyone concerned. Not being able to trade either of them for 1 year (assumptions as appropriate) will make planning for the Dry-my-Bitch-Pad-Please and McWingingWanker and their "SHOW ME THE MONEY AND ADD 25%" demands over the next two years a truly thrilling experience to behold. 

This may be the best year the Coilers have to make a run ... and my beloved Canucks have just gotten stronger as well. Oh the salad days for us are right around the corner if not rolling out this season.

GO CANUCKS GO!

Too bad we couldn't open the season with a back to back season openers against the Coilers starting with another 8-1 shellacing.

Edited by Rocket-68

4 hours ago, Rocket-68 said:

Yes he can be put onto LTIR in the off season. Just need a note from a doctor stating that he is injured and will miss at least 24 days and 10 games when the season begins.

The bigger issue is what happens when E Kane returns to the roster. He has a NMC and can't see him waiving for it.

• Confused 1
  • Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

5 hours ago, BigTramFan said:

Yes he can be put onto LTIR in the off season. Just need a note from a doctor stating that he is injured and will miss at least 24 days and 10 games when the season begins.

The bigger issue is what happens when E Kane returns to the roster. He has a NMC and can't see him waiving for it.

Even if he waived, I think the only GM that would take him would be Bowman

15 hours ago, Snoop Hogg said:

I don’t know that we’re trying to help them so much as we got another trade brewing and Edmonton simply made the best offer for Podkolzin. 

We definitely helped the Oilers. They saved more cap space from this trade than we did with ours. They have options to let Holloway walk away for a 3rd, which is an even better pick than what they gave up. And SJ just helped out the Oilers by taking on cap space and giving the Oilers a prospect they don't really have in their pipeline.

Two division rivals helped out the Oilers and the Oilers keep Broberg.

I freaking told you guys that Broberg would be prioritized.

12 hours ago, Rocket-68 said:

Dont know if anyone answered, but No, you cannot put a player on LTIR till opening day roster submission.

12 hours ago, Devron said:

Edmonton gets 

To keep -Broberg

To keep - Holloway 

- Emberson 

- Podkolzin 

for 

-Ceci

-3rd and a 4th 

… and a crap ton of cap space which likely means Draisaitl walks.

There isn’t a way for them to win this one.