St. Louis Blues Offer Sheet Oilers Holloway and Broberg

2 minutes ago, Bure10Kuzmenko96 said:

lol I guess a trade for Edmonton to not match the offer sheets

20240820_094329.jpg

Lol is this meant to be additional compensation for screwing over the other team? I guess no hard feelings between Armstrong and Bowman. 

3 minutes ago, Wing said:

Lol is this meant to be additional compensation for screwing over the other team? I guess no hard feelings between Armstrong and Bowman. 

No there’s still hard feelings.

Those picks don’t make up for losing two young top 15 pick NHLers.

• Like 1

I think Bowman used the offer sheets a an excuse to move out a bad contract (Ceci). In my opinion he did the right thing letting both players walk. And it feels good they lost their future. I bet they would want to have Decharnais back 🙂

Edited by Bonkers
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

No there’s still hard feelings.

Those picks don’t make up for losing two young top 15 pick NHLers.

It somehow makes the whole thing funnier.

No way around it, EDM screwed themselves by signing Perry and Skinner instead of prioritizing younger depth.

Look at that d group now and imagine what happens if/when Ekholm gets an injury.

• Upvote 2
  • ThereItIs 1

3 minutes ago, Bonkers said:

I think Bowman used the offer sheets a an excuse to move out a bad contract (Ceci). In my opinion he did the right thing letting both players walk. And it feels good they lost their future. I bet they would want to have Decharnais back 🙂

Oils fanbase keep saying Desharnais is replaceable and he'll suck. I'm sure they rather have him on their blue line now. 

It he outperforms his contract for us there would be more to laugh about lol...

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

St Louis overpaid by a fair bit to get these guys.  It'll be interesting to see how it works out for them in the long run.  Look how bad a deal Kotkaniemi has ended up being for Carolina. The offer sheets worked as intended but that doesn't mean there's a clearcut winner here. Could be both teams end up losing (like with the Kotkaniemi offer sheet) 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

13 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

It somehow makes the whole thing funnier.

No way around it, EDM screwed themselves by signing Perry and Skinner instead of prioritizing younger depth.

Look at that d group now and imagine what happens if/when Ekholm gets an injury.

And Arvidsson 

• Like 1

Losing Desharnais and Ceci will impact their PK without a doubt.  Considering how impactful that part of their game was in the playoffs, I think EDM got weaker after this fiasco (matching or not).

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Bure10Kuzmenko96 said:

20240820_094329.jpg

That 2028 3rd round pick is hilarious.

A little token of thanks after bending them over.

Edited by Provost
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Vintage 1

Ekholm-Bouchard

Nurse-Brown

Kulak-Stecher

Honestly its not THAT much different than last year with a healthy Stecher.  PK likely won't be as elite though.  And they lose some serious size.

Ekholm-Bouchard

Nurse-Ceci

Kulak-Desharnais

Edited by HKSR
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Nucker67 said:

I wonder if Oilers fans are crying to have Bowman fired already.

Could this also be a reason why Draisaitl hasn't been re-signed yet? Maybe he wants out of that hole, unless EDM pays him $14+ 

Players aren't dumb. Crysaitl knows the jam the team is in cap-wise. He's 100% looking at the issues this team has and asking himself whether he wants to bother spending his whole career in Deadmonton, knowing they can't build a team with depth and all the weight of winning will be up to him and McD alone. And he'd have to take a discount. My money is on him leaving.

6 minutes ago, Nucker67 said:

I wonder if Oilers fans are crying to have Bowman fired already.

Could this also be a reason why Draisaitl hasn't been re-signed yet? Maybe he wants out of that hole, unless EDM pays him $14+ 

From my quick scan of hf, they are all still talking about playing for the cup like it's a foregone outcome for them.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, HKSR said:

Ekholm-Bouchard

Nurse-Brown

Broberg-Kulak

Stecher

Maybe Kulak-Stecher for 3rd pair.

Honestly its not THAT much different than last year if Broberg is capable of 3rd pairing minutes along with a healthy Stecher.  PK likely won't be as elite though.

Ekholm-Bouchard

Nurse-Ceci

Kulak-Desharnais

Why do you have Broberg on the roster?

2 minutes ago, Jester13 said:

Players aren't dumb. Crysaitl knows the jam the team is in cap-wise. He's 100% looking at the issues this team has and asking himself whether he wants to bother spending his whole career in Deadmonton, knowing they can't build a team with depth and all the weight of winning will be up to him and McD alone. And he'd have to take a discount. My money is on him leaving.

Oilers (and specifically Draisaitl) got crushed physically against the Canucks in the playoffs. So what do they do?  Gave away a 6'7" Dman (to Vancouver) and a 6'1" winger who played well in their run and then brought in smaller players - Skinner and Arvidsson. 

Crush 'em again Canucks

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Nucker67 said:

Oilers (and specifically Draisaitl) got crushed physically against the Canucks in the playoffs. So what do they do?  Gave away a 6'7" Dman (to Vancouver) and a 6'1" winger who played well in their run and then brought in smaller players - Skinner and Arvidsson. 

Crush 'em again Canucks

Yup. We got a lot harder to play against, and the Coilers got easier.

And there must also be some players on the team who are not happy with the Bowman hire.

Crysaitl needs to take two to three mill off his next contract to stay in Alberta, which will be around 16-24 million over eight years. No way does that happen. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, Bure10Kuzmenko96 said:

20240820_094329.jpg

Fischer: "How do you view me as a piece of the organization?"

St Louis GM: "You're a feels bad apology player to be sent to dumb franchises who you we take advantage of for not managing the cap"

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Ekholm-Bouchard

Nurse-Brown

Kulak-Stecher

Honestly its not THAT much different than last year with a healthy Stecher.  PK likely won't be as elite though.  And they lose some serious size.

Ekholm-Bouchard

Nurse-Ceci

Kulak-Desharnais

The difference is last years depth guys are now in the starting lineup

• ThereItIs 1