St. Louis Blues Offer Sheet Oilers Holloway and Broberg

2 hours ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Oilers maintain cap space and get two mid round picks.

They are going to be dangerous players at the TDL this coming season. If the mandate is to win the next 2 seasons, they are going to use that draft capital and accrued cap space to ensure McDavid and Draisaitl have two deep cup runs.

Sucks in the long term, but this makes a load of sense for them to let Holloway and Broberg go. 

… aren’t they basically right at the cap now with just enough for short term injury call ups?  This saves them from being over the cap as I have read it.

I miss Capfriendly.

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Provost said:

… aren’t they basically right at the cap now with just enough for short term injury call ups?  This saves them from being over the cap as I have read it.

I miss Capfriendly.

They have $946K in cap space without Kane being on LTIR 

It is funny how fast the Oiler fans went from “We will of course be matching on these young studs”… to “these players are trash and we are glad to be rid of them”.

I would probably be the same if it had been us in that boat, but I would expect other fans to laugh at our predicament.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Captain insano said:

I don’t agree with that, I was picking on this kid last year watching sharks games with the boys, we were all laughing how he kept getting pigeon tossed from the big forward, him and that Addison kid both look horrendous 

Small sample size, but the 30 games he did play. He looked considerably better than Ceci on defense. Playing on one of the worst defensive teams in the league.

cecivsemberson.webp

6 minutes ago, Provost said:

It is funny how fast the Oiler fans went from “We will of course be matching on these young studs”… to “these players are trash and we are glad to be rid of them”.

I would probably be the same if it had been us in that boat, but I would expect other fans to laugh at our predicament.

Sounds familiar.

Podzolkin on the Canucks: Be patient he’s still young.

Podzolkin on the Oilers: Lol, he’s pretty much in the bust territory.

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, Provost said:

Exactly this

3 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

finally, I have confirmation. I've never thought GMs gave a crap about retaliation, reputation, etc. The conditions have to be right, and this time they were.

They just have to be done properly, he really put the squeeze to Edmonton 

They were hamstrung by incoming large contracts and couldn't afford the deals the Blues are comfortable giving

One offer sheet was shocking enough, two really put the gears to them

Edited by Coconuts
  • ThereItIs 1

9 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

They just have to be done properly, he really put the squeeze to Edmonton 

They were hamstrung by incoming large contracts and couldn't afford the deals the Blues are comfortable giving

One offer sheet was shocking enough, two really put the gears to them

it was fun to watch.

Was listening to 650 today, with one guy saying he doesn't think it hurt EDMs chances much, but I don't see how. Maybe they have some kind of deal in the works to move Kane, a ton of picks, for a defensive upgrade?

26 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

That is certainly a defense 

Lol I think the forward lines are ok. 

Podz may impress with the right opportunity this year and may be the right catalyst for Perry and Henrique. 

That defense though... Woof

Looks pretty bad. 

Let's see if the oilers can outscore their troubles on D. 

We all know that's a great recipe for the playoffs. 

2 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

it was fun to watch.

Was listening to 650 today, with one guy saying he doesn't think it hurt EDMs chances much, but I don't see how. Maybe they have some kind of deal in the works to move Kane, a ton of picks, for a defensive upgrade?

That would be the only way it doesn't hurt Edmonton. 

But then again, your robbing Peter to pay Paul as losing Kane would take the grit out of the top 6 and I would think more liberties would be taken on Mcdavid draisaitl nuge and Hyman without a guy who plays with his screw lose like Kane. 

Not like anybody on D can do much to fight back besides Nurse. 

They are alrwady soft but losing Kane would make them softer 

2 minutes ago, CanucksJay said:

Lol I think the forward lines are ok. 

Podz may impress with the right opportunity this year and may be the right catalyst for Perry and Henrique. 

That defense though... Woof

Looks pretty bad. 

Let's see if the oilers can outscore their troubles on D. 

We all know that's a great recipe for the playoffs. 

Ekholm goes down for any length of time, they fooked.