Is there room?

TheBearded1

Its going to be a really competitive camp.  Young guys will really have their work cut out for them w a lot of established players fighting for roster spots.  

IMO Hogz and Podz are the only two that make the team out of camp-rest will be possible call up options this year.  

5 hours ago, TheBearded1 said:

With the signings, our roster looks pretty well set.  Is there even room for a player like Ratu to even make the team?  We're stacked with NHL talent; who's going to push an NHL vet out?

I would think if they had a new player (or any) coming to the team not committed to being in shape, and a youngster shines, that they may consider a short rope for that player and look to trade and get cap space, or positional player they want. I don't foresee that happening though as I am sure the M Team knows what they got, and as mentioned injuries happen, just as trades do

Probably one of the kids pushes a minimum contract guy out of the lineup, but I really hope that none of the pricey vets get pushed down the lineup (e.g. Garland and Joshua stay hot as a duo, DeBrusk finds consistency, Myers doesn't revert back to Chaos Giraffe).  If any of them falter and a kid steals their spot, it could make for a dark spot on the roster that might be hard to remedy, just like how Mikheyev required a pick to get jettisoned.  

I wish we could move Myers but he's got full NMC both these years, but I do hope Podkolzin can make it (and hopeful that Desharnais, with Hughes carrying him, can form a symbiotic pair, where his size and defensive sturdiness help Quinn against bigger opponents, and Hughes can skate pucks out that Vinny jars loose).

1 hour ago, Phil_314 said:

Probably one of the kids pushes a minimum contract guy out of the lineup, but I really hope that none of the pricey vets get pushed down the lineup (e.g. Garland and Joshua stay hot as a duo, DeBrusk finds consistency, Myers doesn't revert back to Chaos Giraffe).  If any of them falter and a kid steals their spot, it could make for a dark spot on the roster that might be hard to remedy, just like how Mikheyev required a pick to get jettisoned.  

I wish we could move Myers but he's got full NMC both these years, but I do hope Podkolzin can make it (and hopeful that Desharnais, with Hughes carrying him, can form a symbiotic pair, where his size and defensive sturdiness help Quinn against bigger opponents, and Hughes can skate pucks out that Vinny jars loose).

With Myers, I think the old giraffe has been coached out of him, he looks more confident in his game than I've ever seen out of him. Will he make mistakes here and there? Probably but he seems like he's been better positionally so he isn't as confused to figure out reads as he has been before.

Would I put money on that? No! BUT he looked better this year, especially in the last 20 games and kept it going through the playoffs so all we can do is hope he continues it.

• Vintage 1