[Report] Kate Pettersen no longer with Canucks

Jaimito

13 minutes ago, arsenalian said:

Looks like Lindsey Horsting is the replacement for Kate.

IMG_4581.png

Interesting how it was just 14 months ago that she was writing about the person she's replacing:

https://www.nhl.com/canucks/news/vancouver-canucks-hire-rinkside-reporter-344962564

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Awe, I was hoping they might bring in Cory Schneider and bring back Derek Jory.

The problem with some of these people that you just can't quite put your finger on what's wrong? They don't bleed Blue! I think you have to really love the sport and team to fit the position well. 

Hmmm... a bit of a surprise as she was always so upbeat on TV.... but I always had this cringey feeling from her but can't explain why...

Then earlier this year she made a big deal out of some troll's comments and was quick to accuse this reatlor... I mean, come on..... I know every public figure is hungry for attention but just the way how she tried so hard to play victim and unreservedly blamed this realtor guy was a bit much!! We all know what reputation means for a realtor and that little drama could have cost the guy's livelihood... 

Anyhow.. best of luck to her... she's better off working in Vegas!!

On 8/18/2024 at 10:33 AM, Optimist Prime said:

Thinking back, i watched maybe two of her video clips in all of the season. Maybe another 10 flew by while I was not paying attention on my screens, but when the forums were ditched, i really stopped going to the official website all together. I think they may regret their choices but who knows, they are allowed to run their business the way they want. But who wouldn't want 50,000 accounts to 'blast' to whenever you wanted to hawk something?

Tuahche.

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, RakuRaku said:

Hmmm... a bit of a surprise as she was always so upbeat on TV.... but I always had this cringey feeling from her but can't explain why...

Then earlier this year she made a big deal out of some troll's comments and was quick to accuse this reatlor... I mean, come on..... I know every public figure is hungry for attention but just the way how she tried so hard to play victim and unreservedly blamed this realtor guy was a bit much!! We all know what reputation means for a realtor and that little drama could have cost the guy's livelihood... 

image.jpeg.bd68193305d5687038fac986ca11a8e7.jpeg

I suspect I am way off on my guess ... does she work for the Golden Knights now?

12 hours ago, RakuRaku said:

All I saw on her instagram this summer was her in Nashville and golf. Nothing else. 

I was tired of non-stop golf posts, that I stopped following her. 

• Cheers 2

Thing is, I feel strongly about this because women are shot down too easily. Targets.

An example for me is Taylor Swift at Chiefs games. So what? Have fun with it, she's there supporting her man. If they show his mom...no problem. So why the vitriol aimed at her from some?? Sure, it's overkill at times (not really though), but she's one of the world's biggest stars so of course she's going to get attention wherever she goes. Doesn't make her a bad person.

I saw pictures of her at the opening game and comments like "she looks like a whore" were posted. So much hatred. It's really small men who feel threatened by women in sports. The ones I know embrace it/them...it's refreshing to get different takes than the ol' boys club regurgitations all the time. And women can have just as much insight/knowledge as their male counterparts. Sometimes even more, as the guys who've been around awhile can have bias and tunnel vision.

Women can dress however they want - you cannot assign labels to them based on their choice of clothing. It's truly sad that some men are still stuck on these horrible ideas that a woman is a "whore" because she wears shorts and boots. So what do man whores wear then? How can we spot them?

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

3 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

Thing is, I feel strongly about this because women are shot down too easily. Targets.

An example for me is Taylor Swift at Chiefs games. So what? Have fun with it, she's there supporting her man. If they show his mom...no problem. So why the vitriol aimed at her from some?? Sure, it's overkill at times (not really though), but she's one of the world's biggest stars so of course she's going to get attention wherever she goes. Doesn't make her a bad person.

I saw pictures of her at the opening game and comments like "she looks like a whore" were posted. So much hatred. It's really small men who feel threatened by women in sports. The ones I know embrace it/them...it's refreshing to get different takes than the ol' boys club regurgitations all the time. And women can have just as much insight/knowledge as their male counterparts. Sometimes even more, as the guys who've been around awhile can have bias and tunnel vision.

Women can dress however they want - you cannot assign labels to them based on their choice of clothing. It's truly sad that some men are still stuck on these horrible ideas that a woman is a "whore" because she wears shorts and boots. So what do man whores wear then? How can we spot them?

Women can do what they want and dress how they want in the free world. There are countries though where women are controlled by men. Those bad ideas come here too (sadly) with some people when they move here. So even here some women, who should have the right to choose what they want, don’t get to. This Patterson lady can do as she pleases. If that’s not with the Canucks, fine. She’s certainly free to make her own choices. 

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

Women can dress however they want - you cannot assign labels to them based on their choice of clothing. It's truly sad that some men are still stuck on these horrible ideas that a woman is a "whore" because she wears shorts and boots.

Bingo. Small/insecure men do small/insecure things.

8 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

So what do man whores wear then? How can we spot them?

Flames jerseys.

• Haha 2
  • Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

13 hours ago, -dlc- said:

So a "realtor" can throw shade at her but she can't respond?

She didn't really try hard to play victim, she put it out there. Women in sports have to put up with that BS like that "only fans" spewed garbage and it needs to stop. Women are more than the misogynists try to sell. If you don't want someone to respond, don't give them reason to. Some of us feel it's good to expose that crap rather than let it slide through.

Maybe realtor guy shouldn't spout off negatively and should be more mindful of his attacks because, as I recall, he started it. So his reputation was something he should have also considered when putting others down.

And I do understand that the realtor in question said this was a troll account but why was it active then? Did he not report it? And, if it wasn't him then no problem - she had every right to address the comments made about her, no matter who was behind them. So he can just save his reputation by claiming it wasn't him and all's good. Not her fault that she didn't know.

The Canucks better brace themselves because SM is full of drama and that likely wasn't a one off. If they're trying to prevent it...good luck with that.

For the love of God, PLEASE PLEASE USE LOGIC!

Let's say you're a realtor yourself selling homes worth millions easily.... would you be dumb enough to set up a troll account that's remotely connected to your own name?? yes or no?

I was merely saying, unless you got 100% proof that realtor was realy behind the sexist comments, it simply wasn't cool to assume... that is all!! it could've very well been a competitor in real estate... ever thought of that?

Edited by RakuRaku

11 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

All I saw on her instagram this summer was her in Nashville and golf. Nothing else. 

I was tired of non-stop golf posts, that I stopped following her. 

I'm guessing she was trying to fish out for some new gig with some US golf network!

9 hours ago, RakuRaku said:

For the love of God, PLEASE PLEASE USE LOGIC!

Let's say you're a realtor yourself selling homes worth millions easily.... would you be dumb enough to set up a troll account that's remotely connected to your own name?? yes or no?

I was merely saying, unless you got 100% proof that realtor was realy behind the sexist comments, it simply wasn't cool to assume... that is all!! it could've very well been a competitor in real estate... ever thought of that?

No one said he created or was connected to the supposed troll account.But when someone verbally attacks someone else....they have no reason to assume it's not the person as presented. If someone else was using their (the realtor's) identity wouldn't you expect them to have reported/addressed it? Or to at least understand why she confronted the person.

I don't think many people would just "assume" it's not the real person on the account. So she addressed it...there was no way for her to know it wasn't the person in question. 

That's logical. 

9 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

What's kind of sad is Olivia McDonald had a brief intro on Instagram from the Canucks.

And all I saw (because she was wearing a white blazer) was comments how she stole Elizabeth Irving's jacket. 

Welcome to Vancouver. Yikes. 

So sad that people enjoy being harsh rather than kind. What ever happened to "welcome, best of luck"?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

So sad that people enjoy being harsh rather than kind. What ever happened to "welcome, best of luck"?

We need to stop giving those people a platform.

And it doesn't matter, she has an awesome job working with the Canucks. The haters have... whatever it is that made them the way they are .

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2