[Report] Kate Pettersen no longer with Canucks

Jaimito

On 9/6/2024 at 10:19 PM, Optimist Prime said:

image.jpeg.bd68193305d5687038fac986ca11a8e7.jpeg

I suspect I am way off on my guess ... does she work for the Golden Knights now?

as a weird segue...BC native Pam Anderson (yes, *THAT* Pam Anderson) is actually getting *SOME* consideration as a "Oscar contender" from:

https://www.bbc.com/culture/article/20240907-the-last-showgirl-review-pamela-anderson-is-a-revelation-in-poignant-las-vegas-set-drama

😵

• Cheers 2

On 9/7/2024 at 8:30 AM, -dlc- said:

So a "realtor" can throw shade at her but she can't respond?

She didn't really try hard to play victim, she put it out there. Women in sports have to put up with that BS like that "only fans" spewed garbage and it needs to stop. Women are more than the misogynists try to sell. If you don't want someone to respond, don't give them reason to. Some of us feel it's good to expose that crap rather than let it slide through.

Maybe realtor guy shouldn't spout off negatively and should be more mindful of his attacks because, as I recall, he started it. So his reputation was something he should have also considered when putting others down.

And I do understand that the realtor in question said this was a troll account but why was it active then? Did he not report it? And, if it wasn't him then no problem - she had every right to address the comments made about her, no matter who was behind them. So he can just save his reputation by claiming it wasn't him and all's good. Not her fault that she didn't know.

The Canucks better brace themselves because SM is full of drama and that likely wasn't a one off. If they're trying to prevent it...good luck with that.

I agree with you, my poke at her working in vegas was based on whatever part, big or small, that she had in squashing the CDC forums. The people who made that decision are not cool whatsoever in my books and deserve ridicule.

• Cheers 1

15 hours ago, -dlc- said:

No one said he created or was connected to the supposed troll account.But when someone verbally attacks someone else....they have no reason to assume it's not the person as presented. If someone else was using their (the realtor's) identity wouldn't you expect them to have reported/addressed it? Or to at least understand why she confronted the person.

I don't think many people would just "assume" it's not the real person on the account. So she addressed it...there was no way for her to know it wasn't the person in question. 

That's logical. 

Oh you're absoutely right!! when were you ever not right??

but ALSO logical that she may have created this whole thing herself... anyhow, must be a good reason why she got quietly let go...  extremely strange that there was no farewell/thank-you note posted by the Canucks!! 

On 9/7/2024 at 10:10 PM, Ghostsof1915 said:

What's kind of sad is Olivia McDonald had a brief intro on Instagram from the Canucks.

And all I saw (because she was wearing a white blazer) was comments how she stole Elizabeth Irving's jacket. 

Welcome to Vancouver. Yikes. 

Yes, the jacket they sell at the team store lol.

With all the talk about fashion shaming / whore comments etc, let's please just not lose sight of the fact that TONS of women make these very same comments about other women. Just as members of all genders will shame and trash on men for being bald, fat, not well-endowed or 'manly' enough or whatever

It's not an Us vs Them / Men vs Women issue, it's, hopefully, an Us vs Them  / Decent-minded and acting people vs A-hole haters who like to tear others down unnecessarily issue

When the narrative is that it's just small-minded male creeps that are guilty of this nonsense and in need of being called out, it only serves to polarize the issue between genders and further grow the divide between us all which then just makes it more challenging for all the decent folk to come together and shut down the A-hole behaviour that needs weeding out

Next time ya find yourself condemning an entire gender for some behaviour associate with some of its members, imagine how hateful it would be if you were doing the same thing but with race / ethnicity instead of gender

Just my 2 cents... /rant over

On 9/7/2024 at 11:03 AM, Alflives said:

Women can do what they want and dress how they want in the free world. There are countries though where women are controlled by men. Those bad ideas come here too (sadly) with some people when they move here. So even here some women, who should have the right to choose what they want, don’t get to. This Patterson lady can do as she pleases. If that’s not with the Canucks, fine. She’s certainly free to make her own choices. 

To be fair. Those ideologies of misogyny were already here. They aren't coming and eating our cats. Well most aren't. 

Edited by Hammertime