(Trade) Podkolzin to Edmonton

Just now, Fen1010 said:

He would have had to clear waivers this time? So instead of losing him for nothing try to get a little something back. He has no role with the big club.

This. He'd have to clear waivers this season. 

Just now, Lemon Face said:

Cant be afraid of rivals.if you cant take heat,get out of kitchen.

Does not have anything to do with fear. Just dont want to help out our biggest rival by giving them a young pwr fwd for cheap. 

Just analysing the competition, aiding them seems dumb. 

11 minutes ago, Optimist Prime said:

That is why I said poison pill, he is a good player with slow feet and no real defence, so maybe he is intended to take a roster spot on Edmonton seemingly Holloways, making Edmonton easier to pass in the playoffs? 

I am just speculating, but it wouldn't be a big stretch to see we have a book on Podz now that we can 3xploit.

I’m not sure man. But this is making that creep seem like he’s fixing the Holloway situation. I wouldn’t even answer that guys messages. 

• Cheers 1

Podz will be the Oiler replacement for EKane. 

or maybe the plan all along is that Podz goes on waivers, to Bakersfield, and we scoop him up for nothing and set him down in Abby. 

question??? if Ed matches on Broberg, are they allowed to trade him?

1 minute ago, Westcoasting said:

No I like all the opinions but I wonder what everyone has seen that makes him so valuable.

Maybe not 'so valuable' ...just more than a 4th to a divisional rival. 

1 minute ago, Supreme17 said:

I think its the fact that many are proclaiming that this is going to turn out bad as if they have a crystal ball.

Its fine to express concern that if Podz suddenly got faster, meaner and found his hands this could be bad, bit like, its a could, a maybe, a possibility.

I think its more that people, like myself, are saying...."that's cheap...eww, and to EDM?"

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

Just now, Dr. Crossbar said:

This. He'd have to clear waivers this season. 

Also and I hate to say this, he did not really progress much in Abby this past year.  Time to cut bait and move on.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Supreme17 said:

I think its the fact that many are proclaiming that this is going to turn out bad as if they have a crystal ball.

Its fine to express concern that if Podz suddenly got faster, meaner and found his hands this could be bad, bit like, its a could, a maybe, a possibility.

McCrybaby for all the whining he does IS an elite talent.  Pod might end up averaging a point per game pace riding shotgun on his line.

• Haha 1

It’s sad to think even with the rival division premium he was only worth a 4th rounder to a cup contender.

i like the kid a lot. Realistically it did not seem like he was going to click or magically figure it out here or in abby.

hoglander clearly surpassed him and Sherwood Joshua Heinen all are head and shoulders over podz In every aspect except age. 

Hard to wish him well in Edmonton but I do.

-

im happy we won’t lose him to waivers for absolutely nothing though but dam

2 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Maybe not 'so valuable' ...just more than a 4th to a divisional rival. 

I think its more that people, like myself, are saying...."that's cheap...eww, and to EDM?"

We are starting to see allot more moves within divisions, with the playoff format these days its less likely you see someone you made a trade with.

I also like to believe that PA & JR didn't make just one phone call before settling on the deal they made for Ottawa's 4th from Edmonton.

Just now, NewbieCanuckFan said:

McCrybaby for all the whining he does IS an elite talent.  Pod might end up averaging a point per game pace riding shotgun on his line.

That requires Podz to play on his wing, over Hyman, who just scored over 50 goals. Podz and Hyman are too similar to exist on the same line.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Sophomore Jinx said:

I hear ya, but who cares though, really...it's like worrying about if your ex is having a better time with their new partner...it's done, we shouldn't give a shit, and just continue to support our FO and team :towel:

Is the ex a young power fwd that could still visit your house and lay big hits on your new partner on a regular? 

If they got into a new, long distance relationship, sure. Wont have to see him as much. 

Anyway, not worried...at all.

Just think its one of Alvins few , dumb moves.

8 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Does not have anything to do with fear. Just dont want to help out our biggest rival by giving them a young pwr fwd for cheap. 

Just analysing the competition, aiding them seems dumb. 

Alvin think is good for us.It happens i trust him so far.

• Upvote 1