(Trade) Podkolzin to Edmonton

1 minute ago, CanucksCountry said:

Yeah I'm not really getting this move at all. If management isn't high on him and thinks he gets waived him why not just have him as a throw in a Defenseman trade? Or atleast as a sweetener to take on poolmans ltir contract? I don't see the value in mowing him for this low especially to help out edmonton. The kid is certainly not worse than PDG who now seems to have his spot Gifted to him as 13th forward. I'm going to trust Alvin here and assume we have another move coming to help make this make sense

One thing I see mentioned is how we are helping out Edm. I guess I just don’t get it how this player helps them out. He looked terrible n the Canucks last year.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

30 minutes ago, grumpyone said:

Podz will be the Oiler replacement for EKane. 

or maybe the plan all along is that Podz goes on waivers, to Bakersfield, and we scoop him up for nothing and set him down in Abby. 

question??? if Ed matches on Broberg, are they allowed to trade him?

Not for a year 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, VforVasili said:

Indeed I was! Not the best of luck with the players I hitch my messageboard wagon to haha! 

Don't go near Huggy, Millsy, Alien or well just about anyone on our team for your new name please, m-kay!

Edited by Rocket-68
  • Haha 4

12 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

I forgot how extreme the hockey talk side of this site gets...and I hang out in Off-Topic!

Me: "I dont really like this"

Some Folk: "...Oh, you think you know more than the Canucks brass? oh, you scared of rivals? oh, you can see the future and know this will turn out bad?, Why you so worried!?"

At least thats how is feels. 😆

I wonder if Hughes was traded if there would be some people that said well I trust Allvin of this one too. Haha 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Madskillz said:

Opening up space for Lekerimaki.

Yup! that's part of it. The team is quite aware of how Podkolzin plays. The parent team is stacked this coming season and Abbotsford can't pay too much

as they have new players coming in this year and need to get them the appropriate time. 

1 minute ago, Westcoasting said:

We,do great when they play like Bure… Podz looked terrible last year I don’t get all the love for him

We had 4 or 5 Russians at the start for 2024, now we have 0 is what I meant 

Edited by Devron
  • Cheers 1

Didn't Podkolzin spout off in the media about Tocchet and how demanding he is (with workouts, preparation etc)?

Maybe Podkolzin isn't cut out to win. He should be an epic player by now with his tools, but the guy hasn't really gotten any better. Well, he's now gone to Edmonton, where they don't know how to develop players. 

2 minutes ago, Westcoasting said:

One thing I see mentioned is how we are helping out Edm. I guess I just don’t get it how this player helps them out. He looked terrible n the Canucks last year.

I thought he was honestly Adequate last year and more so blame his lack of production on the line he was on, I think he can still be a decent bottom 6 guy on a cheap deal, he's not a Holloway replacement but definitely helps soften the blow of losing him 

• Upvote 1

Sad to see him go, I had high hopes since the day he was drafted thinking he could turn into a good top 9 NHL’r eventually. His concussion could be the last chip though…not a good one sadly….A 4th round pick in return eh?!

But I imagine the Nucks are comfy now at this time with their left wing depth going forward.

Edited by Bretzky

15 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

I forgot how extreme the hockey talk side of this site gets...and I hang out in Off-Topic!

Me: "I dont really like this"

Some Folk: "...Oh, you think you know more than the Canucks brass? oh, you scared of rivals? oh, you can see the future and know this will turn out bad?, Why you so worried!?"

At least thats how is feels. 😆

On the face it, this seems like a weird move. I have to think there's more news to come.

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

I guess the writing was on the wall for Podz. Bringing in Sprong probably didn't help his case. But my biggest issue is trading him in the division. Are you telling me NOBODY in the east would take a chance on him for a 4th rounder?

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, Westcoasting said:

We,do great when they play like Bure… Podz looked terrible last year I don’t get all the love for him

That's the thing, he didn't better his game. He's been around too long without getting a spot on the parent club.

Almost for sure, he ends up on the Oilers AHL affiliate.

• Cheers 3

6 minutes ago, Westcoasting said:

I think he has an equal chance of being waived as he does being a roster player over there

Would assume Edm GM isn’t an idiot and would just let Holloway walk and Pod take his spot. Leave Savoie in AHL with a call up in season maybe.

asset management…maybe we should’ve trade Pod at the draft if they felt these FA signings were all better than the upside of Pod…

im not even 40 and I will say it now Canucks will not win a cup before I’m dead ! I will make a friendly bet with anyone in the okanagan and if we do win I’ll buy you beers!

• Haha 1

there is not even 1 semi decent prospect around the league that was available?

Id accept a 6th from carolina/florida over a 4th from edmonton.

Our 10th overal pick shouldnt just be handed to a division rival. Thats just stupid. Even when yakupov sucked they wouldnt trade him for a 4th. 

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 2