(Trade) Podkolzin to Edmonton

Just now, GrammaInTheTub said:

He got passed on our depth chart and I wish him success elsewhere when we’re not playing him. Wouldn’t be surprised if Podz had a trade request in (with our Russian exodus) and Allvin facilitated him getting a better opportunity elsewhere. 

Yes, good points, there are so many variables that we're not privy too, so I don't worry about things out of my control, and let the big boys and girls do the necessary work, while I remain a rabid life long fan, who will continue to wait for the holy grail to come to Vancity. 

• Like 1

Just now, Dr. Crossbar said:

This feels like Shinkaruk to Calgary minus 500 pages. 

I liked that deal for the start. Turned out Granlund was only a fringe NHL player and Shink was AHLer lifer haha 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Sophomore Jinx said:

I am not concerned about what Podz or any other ex Canuck does once they're gone, I just look on the flip side and dream about our own new acquisitions

Thats a healthy pov, but if Podz ever knocks Petey into the shadow realm with a huge clean hit...

I am at least giving you a look of disappointment, I might even shake my head a little, and mutter 'tut tut tut' under my breath.

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

21 minutes ago, qwijjibo said:

No.  They Oilers have to match and keep him for a year or let him go.  And he can't be traded before the decision is announced. 

well that was a missed opportunity then .

27 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

But nobody has matched or signed that offer sheet ?

The offer can be there , but he can be offered another ? Y/ N?

.. and it doesn't have to be the same value?

IF (hypothetically )  the Podz deal was for a 4th and the ability to talk to Broberg and his Camp while he sits on the Offer sheet ..

that’s possible ? Isn’t it ?

I just checked and it looks like Broberg has signed the offer sheet. Which means Edmonton has two options. They can match it or let him walk and take the compensation. 

Edmonton isn’t allowed to trade him anymore unfortunately. 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, grumpyone said:

The Habs love podkolzin and really like ceci. You'll see both packaged with a 3rd round pick to montreal for future considerations. Oilers will match both broberg and holloway.

Source?  If Montreal loved Podkolzin they could have offered the 4th to get him.  And the only way they take Ceci is if Edmonton is adding their 26 1st to him 

40 minutes ago, Westcoasting said:

One thing I see mentioned is how we are helping out Edm. I guess I just don’t get it how this player helps them out. He looked terrible n the Canucks last year.

My view is this:

Edm now walks from Holloway owed over Double Pod  cap hit & they get a 3rd rd pick in return vs only giving a 4th for a former 10th overall guy in Pod.

Why didn't Alvin shop Pod to an eastern team who likes Russians like Washington, Pit, Carolina, NYR etc... 

Why did he make this trade before EDM had to make decisions about Broberg and Holloway.

Should've stayed in Sweden longer and kept your phone on silent!

Many dont like HFBoards, but all the Pit fans on there laughed and warned us about Rutherford being too aggressive and giving up picks and young players...this is a CLASSIC example and to send him to a division rival you just lost too in the playoffs...Mind fucking Blowing!

I wonder about the timing of this move tho. You'd think it had to be Oilers reaching out to the rest of NHL about availability of low cost wingers to replace Holloway? 

As someone here pointed out, it might very well be Pods asking for a change to get more opportunities, seeing the signings we made.

Just didn't like that is Edmonton cause it seems we helped them out more than the other around. 

1 minute ago, bishopshodan said:

Thats a healthy pov, but if Podz ever knocks Petey into the shadow realm with a huge clean hit...

I am at least giving you a look of disappointment, I might even shake my head a little, and mutter 'tut tut tut' under my breath.

We both know Petey is much smarter than Podz, and that the Alien would see him coming and make him look foolish...and besides, next shift Sherwood or Joshua, or a slew of others on our roster would send him like a whirly-bird into the rafters if he did 😃

17 minutes ago, Locke Lamora said:

Just learned of this. First reaction was WTF.

Second reaction, after a few moments of letting it settle into my brain remains WTF.

In the absence of the Canucks being involved in the Oilers trading someone to make room for the offer sheets this is certainly a WTF moment. Having Podz try to prove himself is more valuable than a 4th round imo. If he doesn't then I'd rather trade him to Carolina for a 5th.

1 hour ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Allvin obviously doesn't like Russians.  They are all gone now.  He likes the Swedish players.  Hoglander is staying.

Maybe we are in on Philip Broberg?  Edmonton matches and trades him to Vancouver?

They can't for a year

2 minutes ago, qwijjibo said:

Source?  If Montreal loved Podkolzin they could have offered the 4th to get him.  And the only way they take Ceci is if Edmonton is adding their 26 1st to him 

gut feeling based on rumors over the summer

2 minutes ago, Viking said:

My view is this:

Edm now walks from Holloway owed over Double Pod  cap hit & they get a 3rd rd pick in return vs only giving a 4th for a former 10th overall guy in Pod.

Why didn't Alvin shop Pod to an eastern team who likes Russians like Washington, Pit, Carolina, NYR etc... 

Why did he make this trade before EDM had to make decisions about Broberg and Holloway.

Many dont like HFBoards, but all the Pit fans on there laughed and warned us about Rutherford being too aggressive and giving up picks and young players...this is a CLASSIC example and to send him to a division rival you just lost too in the playoffs...Mind fucking Blowing!

And deals like this is where the love affair with a new management starts to fade.

4 minutes ago, Viking said:

My view is this:

PIT fans forget to tell you,they won with him

• ThereItIs 1