(Trade) Podkolzin to Edmonton

5 minutes ago, Lemon Face said:

PIT fans forget to tell you,they won with him

An elite Crosby, Malkin, LEtang , Kessel and Fleury and lights out Murray briefly makes it real easy for a GM to look good and players wanting to sign with Pit.

7 minutes ago, grumpyone said:

gut feeling based on rumors over the summer

Montreal has too many nhl quality D as it is. They would need done serious compensation to take on Ceci when they're already facing the prospect of lising a kidvlike Barron to waivers because they don't have enough spots on the roster.   As far as Podkolzin goes, he was there for the taking and they didn't bite 

I know they had concerns over him putting it together mentally (Tocchet mentioned him overthinking his play and that getting in the way), but this still feels like an odd deal. The return isn't that much and a lot of us thought he might get a serious shot in camp this year. I guess re-signing some key players and bringing in a few new guys made it a little crowded.

1 minute ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Someone refresh my my solid state memory circuits? Who was the defence man we lost on waivers to Toronto years ago, that we were supposed to rue the day the team let him go? 

Frankie Corrado.:classic_laugh:

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Someone refresh my my solid state memory circuits? Who was the defence man we lost on waivers to Toronto years ago, that we were supposed to rue the day the team let him go? 

Frankie Corrodo. Lol

I want GM Alvin to answer this question...If you wanted to move on from Podkolzin why didn't you include him when trading Mikheyev to Chicago!?!?

Instead you gave up another draft pick then gave Podz away to a division rival in a cap crunch...

Should have moved P. Suter out instead, Canucks GMs sure know how to piss of fans...oh and now those fans have to pay a premium for tickets with the massive increases! 

25 minutes ago, Locke Lamora said:

Just learned of this. First reaction was WTF.

Second reaction, after a few moments of letting it settle into my brain remains WTF.

The guy barely scored anywhere he played. I don’t know why we ever drafted him and I don’t know why he was given so many chances. At his draft position he should be a top 6 player, now everyone is all “I hope he develops into a bottom 6” who cares about a zero hockey IQ bottom 6 guy that is literally available for the league minimum at all times. We could easily improve on him by picking up a player on wavers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Viking said:

My view is this:

Edm now walks from Holloway owed over Double Pod  cap hit & they get a 3rd rd pick in return vs only giving a 4th for a former 10th overall guy in Pod.

Why didn't Alvin shop Pod to an eastern team who likes Russians like Washington, Pit, Carolina, NYR etc... 

Why did he make this trade before EDM had to make decisions about Broberg and Holloway.

Should've stayed in Sweden longer and kept your phone on silent!

Many dont like HFBoards, but all the Pit fans on there laughed and warned us about Rutherford being too aggressive and giving up picks and young players...this is a CLASSIC example and to send him to a division rival you just lost too in the playoffs...Mind fucking Blowing!

What's mind blowing to me is when people actually think neither PA nor JR, or anyone else in the FO did sweet fuck all in regard to this transaction...any plebe fan on this board would've called all 31 teams, so of course PA et al did their due diligence.

THE MARKET spoke, the best offer was the return acquired, plain and simple.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, qwijjibo said:

Montreal has too many nhl quality D as it is. They would need done serious compensation to take on Ceci when they're already facing the prospect of lising a kidvlike Barron to waivers because they don't have enough spots on the roster.   As far as Podkolzin goes, he was there for the taking and they didn't bite 

WOuld Pod for J. Barron not been a deal we could've tried to make? Oh ya we chose to keep the giraffe instead...idiots running the team, new face same idiotic trades happening

2 minutes ago, Viking said:

An elite Crosby, Malkin, LEtang , Kessel and Fleury and lights out Murray briefly makes it real easy for a GM to look good and players wanting to sign with Pit.

They are not the only one played.,

Just now, Sophomore Jinx said:

What's mind blowing to me is when people actually think neither PA nor JR, or anyone else in the FO did sweet fuck all in regard to this transaction...any plebe fan on this board would've called all 31 teams, so of course PA et al did their due diligence.

THE MARKET spoke, the best offer was the return acquired, plain and simple.

CFF/CDC always over-values our own players, and under-values everyone else's. 

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Devron said:

Then he should have been traded for another player in a similar situation. Instead they traded him to our biggest rival and a team we have to pass to win the cup. This is a failed move. I don’t care what anyone says 

Podkolzin does not move the needle for Edmonton. At all… Relax. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

8 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

May have been Frankie Corrado haha...or Biega

Podz would stand out for me from time to time with the odd power move, but he was hugely inconsistent and doesn’t have an NHL’s finish. He’s been given plenty of opportunities. I don’t mind us getting some return rather than simply losing him on the wire in less than two months. I’d prefer if he hadn’t gone to the Oilers, but whatevs. Hopefully his inconsistency and lack of finish will plague them this season.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Viking said:

I want GM Alvin to answer this question...If you wanted to move on from Podkolzin why didn't you include him when trading Mikheyev to Chicago!?!?

Instead you gave up another draft pick then gave Podz away to a division rival in a cap crunch...

Should have moved P. Suter out instead, Canucks GMs sure know how to piss of fans...oh and now those fans have to pay a premium for tickets with the massive increases! 

But ticket prices are a supply/demand issue so they cost what they cost. I only go to a game or two a year in a good year anyways, and last time I won free tix the cheapest hotel I could find was 550 a night anyways, would have preferred free hotel and ferry and bought the tix.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, canuck73_3 said:

Podkolzin does not move the needle for Edmonton. At all… Relax. 

Not in this moment no but who knows. I just don’t like the fact we are helping them in any way at all though whether it moves the needle or not. They are trying to make the best out of the Holloway thing and this gives them so hope