(Trade) Podkolzin to Edmonton

25 minutes ago, elvis15 said:

I know they had concerns over him putting it together mentally (Tocchet mentioned him overthinking his play and that getting in the way), but this still feels like an odd deal. The return isn't that much and a lot of us thought he might get a serious shot in camp this year. I guess re-signing some key players and bringing in a few new guys made it a little crowded.

funny.... that was the knock on him in his draft year, but yet we took him ahead of boldy and caulfield 

• Vintage 1

4 minutes ago, Captain insano said:

Podkolzin is a 23 year old who was on pace to have 0 goals and 9 assists through 82 games last year he was .6ppg at the ahl level well getting lots of pp1 time, I honestly don’t understand why everyone is so upset he’s clearly not nhl caliber and let’s say he does find a home it’s going to be 4th line duty….. relax it was a horrible use of that draft pick new regime is fixing us slowly and also creating cap space 

clearing 1m  by losing a former 10th overall pick is tough tho...why not include him in Mikheyev deal, or did that russian interview seal his fate and Management said fuck it 1st offer he's out of town!

11 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Edmonton also thinks a rape apologist who destroyed the Blackhawk dynasty team was a good hire too, so there’s that. 

Thanks, another reason for me to not like the trade…helping said rape apologist save face for his shitty handling of his cap and RFA signings by letting him say Holloway and a 4th for Podz and a 3rd for the same cap hit isn’t a bad trade-off.

To be clear I don’t care about trading Podz or the return. Unless there’s more to the trade I’d rather have no part of helping him and the oil out of a tight spot.

• Confused 1

Just now, canucks curse said:

funny.... that was the knock on him in his draft year, but yet we took him ahead of boldy and caulfield 

Yup, its pretty simple Canucks are terrible at drafting, so many misses we jsut sadly never got gifted a 97 or 34...to make the team relevant even with all the other bad trades, signings and draft picks...

3 minutes ago, Viking said:

clearing 1m  by losing a former 10th overall pick is tough tho...why not include him in Mikheyev deal, or did that russian interview seal his fate and Management said fuck it 1st offer he's out of town!

yeah but he sucked 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1

5 minutes ago, Viking said:

What interview and what he say?

4 minutes ago, 4petesake said:

Thanks, another reason for me to not like the trade…helping said rape apologist save face for his shitty handling of his cap and RFA signings by letting him say Holloway and a 4th for Podz and a 3rd for the same cap hit isn’t a bad trade-off.

To be clear I don’t care about trading Podz or the return. Unless there’s more to the trade I’d rather have no part of helping him and the oil out of a tight spot.

This doesn’t help them or move the needle, at all. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Viking said:

Yup, its pretty simple Canucks are terrible at drafting, so many misses we jsut sadly never got gifted a 97 or 34...to make the team relevant even with all the other bad trades, signings and draft picks...

We were gifted #43, you know, the best defenseman in the league last season, and may arguably be top 10 all time by the time he retires.

• Cheers 1

17 minutes ago, Integra250 said:

Heinen Miller Boeser

Debrusk Pettersson Sprong

Joshua Blueger Garland

Hoglander Suter Sherwood

Extras: PDG, Bains, Karlsson, Raty, Lekkerimaki…

Simply put, he isn’t likely to win a roster spot. Asset management rather than lost him for nothing on waivers (potentially). Wouldn’t be surprised if he wanted out as well since all his countrymen are gone.

I think you might be right. Weird timing so I wonder if he and Millstein saw the additional moves made by Mgmt and quietly asked for a change of scenery.

1 hour ago, SilentSam said:

I thought Broberg had gone to St Louis already lol

If Tuesday is the deadline for EDM/ Broberg to sign , then yes …

it sounds complicated though.

We’d have to get his rights in the next 48 hrs, unless the discussions have been allowed by Edm.

Personaly I think Broberg would rather be on this Coast where he was recently fishing,

than in Louis.

Podz for a 4th only feels a bit odd.

Edmonton can't trade Broberg or Holloway to any team. They must match the offer sheets or walk away. If they match the Oilers can't trade them for a year and if St. Louis gets them then they can't trade them for a year

• Cheers 2

2 hours ago, SilentSam said:

I thought Broberg had gone to St Louis already lol

If Tuesday is the deadline for EDM/ Broberg to sign , then yes …

it sounds complicated though.

We’d have to get his rights in the next 48 hrs, unless the discussions have been allowed by Edm.

Personaly I think Broberg would rather be on this Coast where he was recently fishing,

than in Louis.

Podz for a 4th only feels a bit odd.

Now that the offer sheets are signed neither player can be traded, not now and not for one calendar year from decision time. 

correction St Lou can still trade them. 

Edited by canuck73_3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Viking said:

should've traded Suter instead and kept out hope Podz could put it together...UnFUCKinBelieveable...

Bad idea. Weaken the team based on hope? Cup contenders don’t pull shit like that. 

• Cheers 1

35 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

CFF/CDC always over-values our own players, and under-values everyone else's. 

There is something to this, but apart from a few pathological homers on this forum, it’s no different than any other fan base.

• Cheers 2

8 minutes ago, RWJC said:

Bad idea. Weaken the team based on hope? Cup contenders don’t pull shit like that. 

Yikes yeah, don’t know how anyone could suggest trading Suter over Podkolzin adding that Suter can also play C and is a very solid defensive player. Not to mention good shootout player too. 

Edited by canuck73_3
  • Cheers 4

5 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Might as well get a pick instead of losing him to waivers 

I get that, but I dunno. Edmonton? Yeah, not thrilled even if Podz needed a fresh start elsewhere. 

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

I've liked most of their moves thus far, this one is a bit of a headscratcher though

I would have preferred a hockey trade, maybe for a prospect d.

Well as the man said, it is what it is.

If nothing else, management is clearly not willing to diddle around in camp to see who might fit.

3 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Yikes yeah, donmt onow how anyone could suggest trading Suter over Podkolzin adding that Suter can also play C and is a very solid defensive player. Not to mention good shootout player too. 

Totally. Value player for the $

• Cheers 1