(Trade) Podkolzin to Edmonton

15 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Now that the offer sheets are signed neither player can be traded, not now and not for one calendar year from decision time

tenor.gif

St Louis could trade both of them to the Kunlan Red Stars for a case of rice and a flat of Tsintao Beer if they wanted to on Wednesday ... assuming the Coilers don't figure out a way to match the contracts - in which case you would be 100% correct them.

Edited by Rocket-68
  • Cheers 1

Must be a follow-up deal in store?...

EDM: Kulak

Van: Poolman, (Juulsen, Woo or Brisebois..take 1)

Then Edmonchuk might swing another deal like this for Ceci, perhaps out east. Their D should be a mess this season.

edit: Intent would be for EDM to keep Broberg. Podz would likely fill Holloway's slot

Edited by SuchaNuxtalgia

10 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

I would have preferred a hockey trade, maybe for a prospect d.

Well as the man said, it is what it is.

If nothing else, management is clearly not willing to diddle around in camp to see who might fit.

And that's fair, I understand the argument for getting something over nothing.

My biggest gripe is that Edmonton was the destination I suppose. I'd have taken a 4th from anyone else, possibly a 5th. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

5 minutes ago, Rocket-68 said:

tenor.gif

St Louis could trade both of the Kunlan Red Stars for a case of rice and a flat of Tsintao Beer if they wanted to on Wednesday ... assuming the Coilers don't figure out a way to match the contracts. 

I always thought the trade rule went both ways, logically it should 

22 minutes ago, NoCupSyndrome said:

I think you might be right. Weird timing so I wonder if he and Millstein saw the additional moves made by Mgmt and quietly asked for a change of scenery.

Possibly, but I’d think they could have gotten a better return If that’s all it was. Especially with Soderstrom on the market in Utah.

1 minute ago, Devron said:

At the end of the day it just sucks having a top 10 pick fail. Sure hope Willy and Lekky work out but I’ve lost a little steam. 

Unearthing gems like Joshua takes a little sting out of it. Hopefully the summer FA signings follow Dak's trend.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

42 minutes ago, Integra250 said:

Heinen Miller Boeser

Debrusk Pettersson Sprong

Joshua Blueger Garland

Hoglander Suter Sherwood

Extras: PDG, Aman, Bains, Karlsson, Raty, Lekkerimaki…

Simply put, he isn’t likely to win a roster spot. Asset management rather than lose him for nothing on waivers (potentially). Wouldn’t be surprised if he wanted out as well since all his countrymen are gone.

So do the kid a solid and trade him to a team with less depth so he has a shot at playing in the NHL.

I guess this means the Oilers not keeping Holloway.  Let a 14 OA go and trade for a cheaper 10 OA.  Bowman's now a hero in Edmonton.  Check!

• Cheers 1

I honestly still don’t understand why management traded Podkolzin other than he hasn’t shown much up until now. They don’t believe that he will show much more than he has and he’s waiver eligible. Are those the reasons for why he’s traded? Because if not. This makes little sense. 

3 hours ago, VegasCanuck said:

Maybe they feel like they have others (Bains) who are close and make Podkolzin expendable? 

That’s for sure! They called up Bains and Karlsson last year and we have Raty that’s gotta get a look soon. When they signed Sprong I knew we had to move one of Podkolzin, Karlsson or Aman. Sadly Podkolzin is the guy as I feel like he still has top 6 potential.

2 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

I honestly still don’t understand why management traded Podkolzin other than he hasn’t shown much up until now. They don’t believe that he will show much more than he has and he’s waiver eligible. Are those the reasons for why he’s traded? Because if not. This makes little sense. 

requires waivers this year

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

That’s probably why. I guess for me I would have rather seen him at training camp one more time and at worst lose him to waivers. better then doing any work with Edmonton what so ever 

56 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

A nasty slide to be sure. I remember one really good run of games by him, but that was a long time ago.

He seemed taken back when the Canucks introduced him to Kuzmenko and Mik.  Wasn't that long after that

he was sent down to the minors.

Well Podz didn't turn out for us...

Another first rounder down the drain.

Feels like were batting 30% on our picks during my time... (Petri Skriko)

But helping Edmonton in this manner is unrecommended... like they are good enough - let them acquire help from another team.

Want to move on from a player - I get it sure... but not to your rival, whom you just lost in the playoffs to.

Hope Lekkermaki is gtg and scores 30, then who cares.

Shouda pryed Savoie from em.

Return is what it is. We would have lost him to waivers and he wasn’t making our roster. At least we got something in return. He deserves a shot somewhere else. 

As others have said, the shittiest part of this is just accepting the fact that we missed with that pick. 

Jett Woo had more points than Podkolzin last season. So let’s all chill.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

Just now, GrammaInTheTub said:

Return is what it is. We would have lost him to waivers and he wasn’t making our roster. At least we got something in return. He deserves a shot somewhere else. 

As others have said, the shittiest part of this is just accepting the fact that we missed with that pick. 

Jett Woo had more points than Podkolzin last season. So let’s all chill.

Excited Ric Flair GIF

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Vintage 1

8 minutes ago, SuchaNuxtalgia said:

Unearthing gems like Joshua takes a little sting out of it. Hopefully the summer FA signings follow Dak's trend.

Funny thing is, Podz could be their Joshua. Not in terms of play, but in terms of finally clicking. We'll see what happens. It wouldn't be so scary if we sent him East. Sending him to Edmonton is where it gets frightening. The odds of him clicking is low, but it's not zero imo.

• Cheers 1