(Trade) Podkolzin to Edmonton

Just now, SV. said:

They already tried this thing with Kassian, even gave a PTO to Virtanen not too long ago.

If Podkolzin is a success for the Oilers, or even the NHL, it's because he did a complete 180 on his own terms.

I didn't follow Kassian's career as an Oiler that closely but didn't he play more than good enough to get that last contract with them?  Unfortunately for the Coilers, the wheels seem to had fallen off from his game afterwards.  Or is my recollection off?  (I don't know for sure for the reasons I just started)

4 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

I thought Broberg had gone to St Louis already lol

If Tuesday is the deadline for EDM/ Broberg to sign , then yes …

it sounds complicated though.

We’d have to get his rights in the next 48 hrs, unless the discussions have been allowed by Edm.

Personaly I think Broberg would rather be on this Coast where he was recently fishing,

than in Louis.

Podz for a 4th only feels a bit odd.

Pretty sure a team can’t trade a player after matching an offer sheet for one year.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, bishopshodan said:

I forgot how extreme the hockey talk side of this site gets...and I hang out in Off-Topic!

Me: "I dont really like this"

Some Folk: "...Oh, you think you know more than the Canucks brass? oh, you scared of rivals? oh, you can see the future and know this will turn out bad?, Why you so worried!?"

At least thats how is feels. 😆

Why do you think I'm such a dick in Off Topic?  I learn from the best in the hockey threads...   😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, Elias Pettersson said:

Why do you think I'm such a dick in Off Topic?  I learn from the best in the hockey threads...   😉

I never knew of your trauma.

I'm so sorry, let me know if you ever need to talk. 😁

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, 4petesake said:

Pretty sure a team can’t trade a player after matching an offer sheet for one year.

This.  I came to post this.

For anyone thinking this means that Edmonton will match either / both offer sheet(s), and then trade the corresponding player(s) to us, there's a one-year restriction prohibiting the matching team from trading the player that just got their offer sheet matched.

• Thanks 1

Did Jim Benning just shave his head, take epic and start using an accent…WTF was Alvin thinking, you just helped them walk from Holloway for a better pick for Pod at 1m, rushed trade makes zero sense!

shoudlve waited for Coiler to decide on Tuesday then trade Pod to a team out east…like Carolina or Pittsburgh maybe Washington they love Russians.

fuck this team and their piss poor decisions drive me nuts! No reason to make this trade in August for a shit return!

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Yeah I'm not really getting this move at all. If management isn't high on him and thinks he gets waived him why not just have him as a throw in a Defenseman trade? Or atleast as a sweetener to take on poolmans ltir contract? I don't see the value in mowing him for this low especially to help out edmonton. The kid is certainly not worse than PDG who now seems to have his spot Gifted to him as 13th forward. I'm going to trust Alvin here and assume we have another move coming to help make this make sense

2 minutes ago, NoCupSyndrome said:

It feel like something else is in the works...

Unless that 4th alone nets us a prospect or better player it’s absolutely insane to make the trade for a poor return to a division rival no less!

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Canuck You said:

Many people under-estimate Podz here, The dude has the tools, Just needed to figure them out..Fuckin' Coilers got a good piece but how much offence do they need!

I think he has an equal chance of being waived as he does being a roster player over there

• Like 2
  • ThereItIs 1

12 minutes ago, smithers joe said:

so your saying, we need a new gm?

Nobodies perfect and every GM makes poor moves from time to time. It’s how it goes. I have full faith in Allvin and Co but I’ve also been on the other side where I viewed every move a good move for us and they turned out bad. Guess I’ve grown as a fan 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, grumpyone said:

Podz will be the Oiler replacement for EKane. 

or maybe the plan all along is that Podz goes on waivers, to Bakersfield, and we scoop him up for nothing and set him down in Abby. 

question??? if Ed matches on Broberg, are they allowed to trade him?

IF Edmonton matchess, they can't trade the player for 1 year.

• Like 1

Being he’s waiver eligible this season I imagine they decided it’s better to parlay him into an asset now rather than potentially lose him for nothing this season. He’s a fringe NHLer and we picked up assets much more qualified to help this team now unfortunately. So long Podz, was rooting heavily for ya.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1