(Trade) Podkolzin to Edmonton

Podz didnt look like an NHLer at all outside of his rookie year. Kind of surprised to see only a 4th in return. Normally former top 10 picks get overvalued cause teams think they can make them a player. Sucks to see him traded to EDM. 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Snoop Hogg said:

I doubt any team would have offered more than a 3rd for him. He didn’t have a lot of value. 

Then why trade him at all? Just let him play in Abby.  No difference unless we think a 4th round pick has that much value.

• Like 1

Did we need a 4th round pick and a million in cap space to put the finishing touches on a secondary trade?  Am I missing something?  Podz was developing a little slow but was developing. He had to have more value than that???

• Cheers 2

Not concerned about losing Podkolzin, but seeing as this looks like their Holloway replacement it should have at least been a 3rd, but because lf desparation could have been squeezed to a 2nd or a 3rd and 5th

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 2

It seems like they have decided that Podkolzin does not have the long term ability to be anything other than a bottom 6 forward.  They have likely been shopping him to open up space and this was the best they could get.  If the Oilers lose Holloway, Podkolzin is not the dynamic offensive talent to replace him.  I'm guessing that the Canucks are in on another trade to bolster the defence and they needed capspace and roster space.  We'll see.

Edited by DixonWard
  • Like 3
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Then why trade him at all? Just let him play in Abby.  No difference unless we think a 4th round pick has that much value.

Must be another trade brewing, they believe Karlsson can take the next step or just free up some salary and a contract slot.

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

Only a 4th? There must be more to Podkolzin than we know. Maybe he's lacking in some areas where he'll likely never be a good regular NHL player. I know I've been disappointed in his development and production since he made his way to North America. I just wish it wasn't to one of those Alberta teams. F them.  

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Don’t try and shed light on this. It sucks and potentially awful trade. Would have rather lost him on waivers if he didn’t make the team. But at least then we could have given him another shot 

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1