(Trade) Podkolzin to Edmonton

2 minutes ago, canucks curse said:

Out:

Holloway

Ceci

In:

Podz

Broberg with more minutes 

Edmonton's arguably worse now, certainly not better if they lose Holloway which seems like they will, just curious why Canucks value the 1 mill in cap in order to "help" edm 

I think it's more a case of getting something back for a player they didn't envision having a spot on the roster and would likely have been claimed off the waiver wire 

• Cheers 2

Just now, RolexSub said:

A few years ago looked like Podz will finally crack the roster as he was scoring and hitting and playing hard and you can see him improving a lot. Until he was hit hard I forget which team we played against and he stood up for himself and fought a tough guy and had a huge black eye and a few weeks later he was sent to our farm team and from that point on he never got a chance to come back. I didn't understand why and didn't make any sense at all why he was sent to our farm by coach Tochett.  And we literally gave him away to the Oilers for free because it will be a high 4th pick. I guess our management is not a fan of Russian players lately!!! One of the worst trade ever from Alvin. 

Look back in the thread, Allvins additions have added depth in the middle and bottom 6 which made it harder for Podz to make the team.  This year, he requires waivers to be sent down to Abby so they moved him rather than losing him for nothing.  He's 23 already (2019 draft).  Last season was his big year and he didn't make the jump.

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

5 hours ago, Ducklover said:

Only a 4th rounder, what the actual F... !

He was a good kid and everyone wanted him to succeed. But he didn't. It was nice of them to give him another NHL team to try 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

3 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

This. 

We need to move on. Pods was not going to make our line up. 

I’m sure they tried to get more. They got what they could and the Oilers were probably the only team that offered anything.

At least we now sit at around 3.5M in Cap space with Poolman’s 2.5M LTIR. This means that at around the time of the TDL, it would equate to an 8-9M player that could come our way later. That could turn us from contenders to favourites. 

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

Just now, Grandmaster said:

This. 

We need to move on. Pods was not going to make our line up. 

I’m sure they tried to get more. They got what they could and the Oilers were probably the only team that offered anything.

At least we now sit at around 3.5M in Cap space with Poolman’s 2.5M LTIR. This means that at around the time of the TDL, it would equate to an 8-9M player that could come our way later. That could turn us from contenders to favourites. 

Yup, that's it right there, to a T. 

Crazy how this simple notion is escaping so many here

• Cheers 3

5 hours ago, canuck73_3 said:

People had this reaction when we traded Shinkaruk to Calgary too. 

This....

love Podz like any Canucks, but if they lost him for nothing after camp, folks would be losing their shit as well...

Its clear they didn't expect Podz to be on the team after camp, and looking at the players avaiable, it was unlikely..

But Edmonton.... 🤢🤮

• Cheers 4

1 minute ago, spook007 said:

This....

love Podz like any Canucks, but if they lost him for nothing after camp, folks would be losing their shit as well...

Its clear they didn't expect Podz to be on the team after camp, and looking at the players avaiable, it was unlikely..

But Edmonton.... 🤢🤮

I like to take the positive spin in this one, that they'll be spending a mill against their already shit cap situation, for a guy that may not even crack their lineup, or stay as a regular on the team even if he does 😀

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

52 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Crazy how we went from having Kuzmenko, Mikheyev, Podkolzin, and Zadorov to having no Russians in such a short span.

Seems like they’re dropping them as fast as the ruble…

Well, only fools Russian.

• Haha 1
  • ThereItIs 1

Just now, Sophomore Jinx said:

I like to take the positive spin in this one, that they'll be spending a mill against their already shit cap situation, for a guy that may not even crack their lineup, or stay as a regular on the team even if he does 😀

He may actually crack their line up as they are desperate for cheap players to fill the gap...

But its a good call for us, as he was unlikely to crack our line up, and he was not going to pass theough waivers...

Some bottom team would pick him up for nowt.

on the other hand we would have to play him so many times during the season...

As long as he doesn't turn into a player, management did, what they had to to do. 

on a side note, wonder if Alvin is collecting picks to ship out, Poolman?

• Upvote 1