(Trade) Podkolzin to Edmonton

15 minutes ago, PureQuickness said:

Yep - and the weird thing is that we help out Edmonton. Allvin has lost a lot of credibility as a GM with this trade alone. Edmonton was SCREWED by their own mistakes and we bail them out.

How'd we bail them out? He likely won't make their lineup and they'll lose him to waivers to a bottom feeder. If he does make their lineup, that should show everywhere how little depth they have compared to us. I wasn't thrilled with the move, but we did gain a pick and shed some cap. Moving on...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2

5 hours ago, EB43 said:

I’ve been saying for years, he clearly doesn’t have what it takes, but still that’s a low return..

But, if he doesn't have what it takes,why would anyone expect a decent return then?

• Haha 1

Why are some guys are saying we help the oilers?

If Podz is their Holloway replacement they are worse than last year.

Podz is a lifetime AHL player or KHL bound.

He cant score he cant play defense and had several concussions.

To get something for him instead of losing him for nothing is a good trade.

To a division rival?

It doesnt matter

Some typical canucks fans:

Lose him for nothing

Why ??????

Get something for him

Why?????

And complain that the canucks trade some draftpicks.

This is Shinkaruk trade or 2.0 

Edited by German Canuck
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

Lol, we didn't help them out at all. There lots of other $1 mil players that will be available. Better ones in fact during pre-season and I bet he doesn't even play in the NHL much, if at all this year.

We did. They can now have the option of walking away from Holloway if they really want to. It doesn't hurt them as much to lose that 1st round pick in drafting Holloway.

5 minutes ago, Jester13 said:

How'd we bail them out? He likely won't make their lineup and they'll lose him to waivers to a bottom feeder. If he does make their lineup, that should show everywhere how little depth they have compared to us. I wasn't thrilled with the move, but we did gain a pick and shed some cap. Moving on...

The pick is very low and the cap was very little. It was a pointless trade.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, PureQuickness said:

This is a trade for the sake of making a trade. Vancouver gains nothing out of this trade. A 4th is a joke. We don't really gain any cap space, but we free up a contract.

While every team is just about ready to screw over Edmonton, we bend over and help out Edmonton.

Not a good move by management at all.

they did this for a reason dude, one of which would be to get under the cap without using pool mans ltir which allows canucks to build more space during the season.

they also free up a contract space which they could use in another trade without moving anyone else out 

Just now, canucks curse said:

they did this for a reason dude, one of which would be to get under the cap without using pool mans ltir which allows canucks to build more space during the season.

they also free up a contract space which they could use in another trade without moving anyone else out 

Dude, the cap savings is so minimal that it doesn't mean anything, ESPECIALLY if Podkolzin isn't making the NHL lineup. The return is poor and it allows Edmonton some outs in case they let Holloway walk away.

If we actually saved more cap, I would've felt like the trade would've been better, but we didn't. We didn't even get a prospect out of it.

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

woke up, took my coffee, scrolled to see the news with absolutly no expectation at this time of the offseason and....
i was a huge Podz fan, and i was afraid of this the minute we signed Sprong.

we get rid of so many russian its almost suspect.
espacially Podz, for that low return. we didn't need to rush it, we were already cap compliant so what ? kick out a guy who cost 1M, just re-signed (???) with the perfect attitude ? 
we rode Suter on the first line for almost a year, and we didn't give Podz the same chance. 
i'm so upset. 

• Huggy Bear 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, DexM94 said:

woke up, took my coffee, scrolled to see the news with absolutly no expectation at this time of the offseason and....

espacially Podz, for that low return. we didn't need to rush it, we were already cap compliant so what ? kick out a guy who cost 1M, just re-signed (???) with the perfect attitude ? 
we rode Suter on the first line for almost a year, and we didn't give Podz the same chance. 
i'm so upset. 

Yeah, and Sprong apparently had issues playing defense. Ridiculous.

• Cheers 1

17 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Wasn’t Brackett pushing for Boldy too?

Man I swear we would have done better with him as the GM

JB did  not know how to manage or trust and delegate his team, instead he let them go for more control and kept his team, (except Weisbrod) unaware,

Linden did not like the way the draft was handled and promoted Brackett to lead the next draft, and when Linden was gone, JB pushed out Brackett and let the scouting staff go, and then he hired Gear, so him and Weisbrod could go scout (instead of tending to GM and Assist GM duties and it showed), and what drafting did they accomplish on their own after doing that?

It was a horrible run of mismanagement, with the team maxed out against cap, at the bottom of the standings for years, paying players big salary to play for other teams or in the minors with no prospects or assets with being at the bottom for close to a decade

Edited by Ballisticsports
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, DexM94 said:

i'm so upset. 

I blame Tryamkin 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, PureQuickness said:

Dude, the cap savings is so minimal that it doesn't mean anything, ESPECIALLY if Podkolzin isn't making the NHL lineup. The return is poor and it allows Edmonton some outs in case they let Holloway walk away.

If we actually saved more cap, I would've felt like the trade would've been better, but we didn't. We didn't even get a prospect out of it.

the cap savings- allows them to start season under cap without ltir

48 minutes ago, PureQuickness said:

This is a trade for the sake of making a trade. Vancouver gains nothing out of this trade. A 4th is a joke. We don't really gain any cap space, but we free up a contract.

While every team is just about ready to screw over Edmonton, we bend over and help out Edmonton.

Not a good move by management at all.

You obviously don't get how this stuff works. Vancouver gains a fourth as compared to nothing at all. Clearly that's better. It's not a joke, it's a pick which may eventually be used to help move Poolman or add a prospect to a thin pool of assets. It's a good move.

18 minutes ago, PureQuickness said:

We did. They can now have the option of walking away from Holloway if they really want to. It doesn't hurt them as much to lose that 1st round pick in drafting Holloway.

Again you don't seem to understand what's happening here. They could have still walked away from Holloway without trading for Podkolzin and replace him with any other random cheap player in the next 2 months, which is what I'm guessing ultimately happens. Unless he's drastically improved he's not good enough to play on that team anyway.

It hurts the same losing Holloway unless Pods does a 180 and helps the team. It's a longshot from a desperate team. Glad we were smart enough to pounce even though we couldn't extract more.

Edited by Gawdzukes
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Imagine if we traded Hoglander for a 4th because he didn't put it all together after 3 years of opportunities to crack the NHL roster...  

Really hope this doesn't come back to bite us in the ass... especially if we play the Oilers in the playoffs.

5 minutes ago, DexM94 said:

i'm so upset. 

I was initially shocked and upset about this deal since I too was a Podz fan but realistically this would be a mean nothing deal if he wasn't a top 10 pick. I think we all loved his attitude and work ethic but he just can't seem to put it all together. It's arguable they could have done a deal like this later on but they must feel like they would lose him for nothing on waivers so at least they got something for him.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

You obviously don't get how this stuff works. Vancouver gains a fourth as compared to nothing at all. Clearly that's better. It's not a joke, it's a pick which may eventually be used to help move Poolman or add a prospect to a thin pool of assets. It's a good move.

I guess for some people here a 4th round pick feels like nothing at all 

D3Jg1r6.gif

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

Unless he's drastically improved he's not good enough to play on that team anyway.

This. What's the over/under on how long he lasts in Edmonton before he goes back to the KHL?

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

5 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Imagine if we traded Hoglander for a 4th because he didn't put it all together after 3 years of opportunities to crack the NHL roster...  

Really hope this doesn't come back to bite us in the ass... especially if we play the Oilers in the playoffs.

I don't think we had a spot for podz to try and prove himself with the roster we have ATM. Would have been claimed if he was put on waivers for sure.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, JC2 said:

I was initially shocked and upset about this deal since I too was a Podz fan but realistically this would be a mean nothing deal if he wasn't a top 10 pick. I think we all loved his attitude and work ethic but he just can't seem to put it all together. It's arguable they could have done a deal like this later on but they must feel like they would lose him for nothing on waivers so at least they got something for him.

we signed him for 2 years at 1M. there was no risk until then. we were not in the rush.

he was the guy i wanted in the draft. i took a KHL subscription to see him play in St peterbourgh. (and kept an eye on Tryamkin with Ekaterinburg). i was mad we allowed Suter to play on the 1st line with his limited skills and no chance for Podz. 

man this coffee is awful. horrible taste.  

Just now, Curmudgeon said:

This. What's the over/under on how long he lasts in Edmonton before he goes back to the KHL?

And people also forget that his numbers in the KHL weren't that good either. So to expect him to go beast mode once he joined the NHL had a bit of wishful thinking to it

• Like 2