(Trade) Podkolzin to Edmonton

44 minutes ago, Devron said:

No it’s not. Desharnais was a free agent. Why would we sugar coat this? It’s Podkolzin for a 4th nothing more, nothing less.

It's like when the Canucks traded Horvat for three first round picks and then traded a first round pick for a 5th round pick? Which is like a late first round pick cause it is Chicago?

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, Pure961089 said:

Politics should never be allowed in hockey imo.  it just takes away from the players and the team.  I don't care what they do in their spare time.  it's what they do on the ice that matters.

Adam Banks had to accept that his politics didn’t fit the mould of the team for those boys to bring home a championship 

Edited by GrammaInTheTub

5 hours ago, RomanPer said:

Finally. Wanted to see this putin lover gone for a while. Really don't care what the return was. And before you ask "why do you assume he's putin lover?" - I don't assume, I know. He openly supports the war in Ukraine (within the team locker room) and calls Ukrainians "khokhols" (which is a derogatory term for Ukrainians in russian language).

Edmonton sounds like the perfect place for this scumbag.

• Cheers 1

Honestly don’t really care that he’s gone or the return. We are WAY better depth wise and a lot of pieces on the wings are interchangeable.

Heinen-Miller-Boeser

Debrusk-Petey-Sprong

Garland- Bluegar-Joshua

Hoglander-Suter-Sherwood

Crazy depth at forward! 

• Like 2
  • Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

3 hours ago, HKSR said:

He only played 48 games in the NHL before the Canucks acquired him for Lockwood and a 7th.  He then had a 16 game stint with the Canucks and put up 1 goal and 1 assist.  At 24yo, Kravtsov was done in the NHL.

Podkolzin in the same time frame of 3 seasons played 137 games and 35 points.  He just turned 23yo 2 months ago.  At a minimum, we should have given him 1 more season IMO.

Is he better than Bains, Aman or Raty? honestly probably not, it just hurts when a top 10 pick doesn't pan out.  We've had too many of them not work out. 

6 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Edmonton sounds like the perfect place for this scumbag.

Funny how Russia, the then USSR was a communist country, many like Bure and Mogilny fled to North America for a better freer life.  

25 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

Yeah both had 3 years and one player scored 24 goals and one player had zero. Surely you can see the difference here.

Yeah one scored 24 in his 4th year.  We have yet to see what the other does in his 4th year. 

Just now, Lemon Face said:

Benning is gone.Fans frozen in time sadly stayed.Plus some minor complexes.

I read that as Benning is gone Onlyfans.... 

I think I need to go for a walk or something.

8 minutes ago, CanuckMan said:

Honestly don’t really care that he’s gone or the return. We are WAY better depth wise and a lot of pieces on the wings are interchangeable.

Heinen-Miller-Boeser

Debrusk-Petey-Sprong

Garland- Bluegar-Joshua

Hoglander-Suter-Sherwood

Crazy depth at forward! 

It came down to Pizza versus Podz, plus Allvin said in his presser there are a quite a few guys in Abby pushing for a spot.   GMs also tend to clear up the chaff from the old guard, Allvin certainly hasn't done this, but this move definitely shouldn't come as a surprise given that lineup and who's competing to ride the pine.    Last year may have been the difference maker for Podz, losing that year of development was too bad.   Raty was their pick in the Horvat trade remember, and Bains earned a few games too.    EDM kind of stinks a little, going from rooting for a prospect to rooting against him that's the only thing that isn't fun.    You can bet he's going to be motivated and get his chances now is do or start counting in Roubles soon. 

13 minutes ago, Pure961089 said:

Is he better than Bains, Aman or Raty? honestly probably not, it just hurts when a top 10 pick doesn't pan out.  We've had too many of them not work out. 

Technically he's done more than Bains, Aman, or Raty in the NHL.

3 minutes ago, The Lock said:

3 minutes ago, The Lock said:

Take a break brother.Its not easy lately.Alf might help.

Edited by Lemon Face

1 hour ago, Gawdzukes said:

Umm, nope. They were drafted at the same time. If Hogs did nothing last year and produced 2 points in the NHL he'd be in the same boat on the outside looking in. They are both 23 years old. The difference is Hoglander showed up last year and Podkolzin did not progress.

Reality is you simply can't keep a waiver eligible player if you send them down and someone else claims them. That's the rules. He's obviously not good enough to make the team. It's pretty simple really.

Are you under the impression that competitive teams keep all of their under performing players until they are 25 or 26? They don't, sorry.

Hogs put up 9 points in his 3rd year in 25 games.  Nothing exactly to write home about.  His 4th year he broke out and scored 24 goals.  Let's see what Podz does in his 4th year.

6 minutes ago, Pure961089 said:

Funny how Russia, the then USSR was a communist country, many like Bure and Mogilny fled to North America for a better freer life.  

And how they don't mind living there now too.