(Trade) Podkolzin to Edmonton

14 minutes ago, IBatch said:

And how they don't mind living there now too. 

yeah, the country changed in some ways but still as corrupt as ever.  But you can say that for a lot of countries.  

Edited by Pure961089
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Sounds like he didn't, in any way, see the move coming ...

despite being a fairly obvious player to move, the timing and circumstance is admittedly a bit curious. was it just as simple as he'd been shopped around before with no bites, but edmonton's situation changed so they're interested now when they weren't before? probably. 

could also mean though that the canucks situation changed. maybe they have something else pending that makes it even harder for podkolzin to make the team then it would have been already? I doubt it, but it's certainly possible. 

• Cheers 1

16 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Was he living in a fog?  How could he not see the writing was on the wall for him when Allvin signed all these wingers.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, tas said:

despite being a fairly obvious player to move, the timing and circumstance is admittedly a bit curious. was it just as simple as he'd been shopped around before with no bites, but edmonton's situation changed so they're interested now when they weren't before? probably. 

could also mean though that the canucks situation changed. maybe they have something else pending that makes it even harder for podkolzin to make the team then it would have been already? I doubt it, but it's certainly possible. 

or maybe the Oilers took Pods out of spite because Allvin wouldn't help them out of their offer sheet jam and he told them to pound sand.  this is there stick it to the Canucks move 

1 minute ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Bure never "fled" to my knowledge.  Mogilny did (defector).

he had to pay $50k out of his own pocket to get smuggled out after he signed a contract under duress with his Russian team.  Complicated but It worked out in the end

12 minutes ago, Pure961089 said:

Was he living in a fog?  How could he not see the writing was on the wall for him when Allvin signed all these wingers.

Doesn't seem like it. He as with his Lady were out looking for furniture. Maybe got a false sense of security thinking that he didn't make the NHL team,

He'd be in Abbotsford again. It's OK, far as  I'm concerned because, IMO, he wasn't progressing at all.

• Cheers 2

17 minutes ago, Pure961089 said:

or maybe the Oilers took Pods out of spite because Allvin wouldn't help them out of their offer sheet jam and he told them to pound sand.  this is there stick it to the Canucks move 

how does that work? spite them by doing what they ... want ... them ... to?

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, tas said:

how does that work? spite them by doing what they ... want ... them ... to?

I think Allvin would have preferred to send Pods to Abby to develop, I don't think hw wanted to trade Pods for such a small return after all the time and resources spent in developing him for the last 3 years 

21 minutes ago, Pure961089 said:

I think Allvin would have preferred to send Pods to Abby to develop, I don't think hw wanted to trade Pods for such a small return after all the time and resources spent in developing him for the last 3 years 

eh, he's probably happy enough to cut bait. wasn't his catch in the first place. 

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

1 hour ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Sucks to be him. Don’t feel sorry for him though. He was given lots of opportunities and couldn’t capitalize. He wasn’t even that good in Abby. 

1 minute ago, AnotherCanucksFan said:

When 98% of fans don't understand a trade, then WTF? 

How was it a good idea with such little return?

When you figure out how many players you can carry on a team,you might understand.Why Edmonton?Only Edmonton wanted him ,hence low return.Easy.Thank you

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • ThereItIs 1

8 minutes ago, AnotherCanucksFan said:

When 98% of fans don't understand a trade, then WTF? 

How was it a good idea with such little return?

If what @RomanPer is correct, you don't want someone like that in your locker room, unless you're like Edmonton where even your captain is a cancer in the room.

• Upvote 1