(Trade) Podkolzin to Edmonton

9 minutes ago, RWJC said:

well what do you think the reason or rationale is then as to why mgmt made the move and what you propose will no longer occur?

i am only confused why Canucks didnt make Edmonton take the Poolman Contract as well, as they (edm) are already knowing they will be in LTIR

At least then when Kane comes off LTIR they still have Poolman in LTIR and would not be over the cap.

If Kane is on opening day, they are now even more over the cap.... like 1.6 over?

Us sending Podz over to them is a CAP Kamakazi move

Edited by EastCoastExpress
  • Cheers 1

11 hours ago, King Heffy said:

@RomanPer stated that he was openly supporting Putin in the room. This isn't just character issues, this orc should have been deported.

annnd THIS is nazism. to want to deported someone who think differently than the allowed. 

please thanks to report to edmonton forum, you already stated there are more guys like you overthere. 

• Vintage 3

4 hours ago, DexM94 said:

annnd THIS is nazism. to want to deported someone who think differently than the allowed. 

please thanks to report to edmonton forum, you already stated there are more guys like you overthere. 

it is truly fascinating the way people throw around that term these days. 

• Thanks 2
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, tas said:

it is truly fascinating the way people throw around that term these days. 

Absolutely. That means a very low level of school education. 

• Cheers 1

8 hours ago, DexM94 said:

I love this newish attempt by certain types of  people to frame their abhorrent beliefs ..ie genociding a group of people as just  a "different opinion" or "thinking differently"

"How dare YOU be intolerant of my "different opinions" ... YOU are the real nazi not me.. me thinking Ukrainians should cease to exist is just me 'thinking differently'"

LOL piss off with that crap nobody is buying it. 

• Cheers 4

20 hours ago, King Heffy said:

@RomanPer stated that he was openly supporting Putin in the room. This isn't just character issues, this orc should have been deported.

I think that probably needs a source. Not heard a single player or media person question Podz character. I got no problem calling Putler bots what they are and thats 'nazi's' or as close to it as we've had since the 40's. But just because he is Russian doesn't mean he's Ruzzian unless there is some evidence. 

• Cheers 1

29 minutes ago, rmok said:

I think that probably needs a source. Not heard a single player or media person question Podz character. I got no problem calling Putler bots what they are and thats 'nazi's' or as close to it as we've had since the 40's. But just because he is Russian doesn't mean he's Ruzzian unless there is some evidence. 

Personally, I trust Roman a lot and doubt he would state something as fact that he wasn't certain of.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, King Heffy said:

Personally, I trust Roman a lot and doubt he would state something as fact that he wasn't certain of.

If this turns out to be incorrect, and if I may borrow some of your polarized logic and language, you should issue a formal apology for unprofessional conduct that disgraces the sport of being a fan - it’s not even fit for play in the AHL

Edited by GrammaInTheTub
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, DexM94 said:

Absolutely. That means a very low level of school education. 

Education doesn't mean squat with opinions. Maybe helps with being eloquent, but I get what was implied by the original Nazi comment and I agree with it. 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

I don't know who you mean by "roman" and where did they state this. Hence asking for source. 

51 minutes ago, rmok said:

I love this newish attempt by certain types of  people to frame their abhorrent beliefs ..ie genociding a group of people as just  a "different opinion" or "thinking differently"

"How dare YOU be intolerant of my "different opinions" ... YOU are the real nazi not me.. me thinking Ukrainians should cease to exist is just me 'thinking differently'"

LOL piss off with that crap nobody is buying it. 

please, we re not a the same level of knowledge here in France and you over there regarding the Russian-Uki conflict.

You have absolutely no clue about the Uki history, the Svoboda Parti, the Azov regiment, The nazi Bandera Whorshipping, the 2 Minsc Agreements, Who is Ianokovitch, who is Porochenko, what is the Maiden orange relution. What is Pravi Sektor, What's Pelosi has done, what the civilians in Lougansk and Donesk had overcome (17000 dead since 2011), niether i'm sure you don't know about the three levels of gradient in the population. 

Before the conflict, the amount of reports about Nazis in the Ukraine Governement and civilians were overwhelming, and now the bad guyz are magically on the opposite side juste because Poutine give the occident some headaches. 

your education level on this subject is very low, just like the other dude who has called Podkolzin a NAZI (what the fuck ??) just because he WOULD HAVE HEARD the young russian talked about his president. 

I don't support Poutine (my take was he should have saved the Dombass civilians then stopped) and just hope this brotherly conflict will end soon but please... in two sentences you just have proven you clearly out of your knowledge limits and trying the moral route, which is laughable.

• Confused 1
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, Optimist Prime said:

Please take any political or Conflict related chat to the Off Topic Forums, THIS IS NOT THE PLACE.

1 hour ago, DexM94 said:

please, we re not a the same level of knowledge here in France and you over there regarding the Russian-Uki conflict.

your education level on this subject is very low,

I fully agree with Optimist that this is not the place but I'd like to extend an invitation to DexM94 to continue this discussion in the Ukraine thread.  I'd love to see more proof of his levels of knowledge and education.

BTW - it's Donbas; not Dombass.

Edited by Satchmo
  • Cheers 2

16 hours ago, RWJC said:

well what do you think the reason or rationale is then as to why mgmt made the move and what you propose will no longer occur?

Well obviously management decided the 4th rounder was more worth it. 

Ofcourse this is a hockey discussion forum however and that's what we do here. We discuss things. 

No management is perfect so that's why we question certain decisions etc. 

If they were perfect, we wouldn't be discussing whether a former 10th overall pick is worth a 4th rounder because he would be playing on the team and playing like someone worthy of being a 10th overall pick. 

6 minutes ago, CanucksJay said:

Well obviously management decided the 4th rounder was more worth it. 

Ofcourse this is a hockey discussion forum however and that's what we do here. We discuss things. 

No management is perfect so that's why we question certain decisions etc. 

If they were perfect, we wouldn't be discussing whether a former 10th overall pick is worth a 4th rounder because he would be playing on the team and playing like someone worthy of being a 10th overall pick. 

understood but what I’m asking is why you think they decided he was worth that deal instead of retaining him and giving more time to marinate?

30 minutes ago, RWJC said:

understood but what I’m asking is why you think they decided he was worth that deal instead of retaining him and giving more time to marinate?

I think they have Aman pencilled in as 13F because he is a C. 

Miller, Petey Bleuger and Suter are our Cs. 

All our acquisitions this summer has been wingers so we prob wanted insurance there for the long haul. 

All that to say, if a forward goes down this preseason, I would think Podz would have also had a good chance to make the team. 

• Cheers 1

12 minutes ago, CanucksJay said:

I think they have Aman pencilled in as 13F because he is a C. 

Miller, Petey Bleuger and Suter are our Cs. 

All our acquisitions this summer has been wingers so we prob wanted insurance there for the long haul. 

All that to say, if a forward goes down this preseason, I would think Podz would have also had a good chance to make the team. 

good point. Only caveat I’d say is if he doesn’t make opening night roster, and is then subsequently called up to cover for an injury, because of his contract status he can’t be sent back down without being exposed. Major difference between paying for a prospect vs getting one for free through waivers. I believe that’s the key to all of this, not to mention that Podz hasn’t outplayed very many other options thus far and sometimes you have to shift focus to explore what other assets you do have can contribute or develop.

would you agree the roster seems much improved and that there generally wasn’t a fit for Podz given whom was brought in and whom his competition would be for a role?

last point I want to make is:

yeah, Podz was a 10th overall pick…but not by this mgmt regime.  That point alone should explain that regardless of draft position they have realized a stalled asset and while encouraging him, have not yet seen the results to necessitate or justify where he was drafted originally. You can’t blame them for that. JB chose to draft Podz where he did. Podz has not yet eclipsed his draft standing, even met it. 

This regime has made it abundantly clear that they are willing to move on from past “mistakes”. Unfortunately despite all the hope, Podz may have ended up being another past mistake at his draft position. Whatever the case, the experiment here had run its course given his waiver eligibility and his limited skill set can be replaced and has been on the big club and will also be in Abby.

It’s just the evolution of the development side of the game. I don’t hold a grudge over mgmt if they believe they can replace the player with something that will provide more for the franchise down the road. That’s their job, ya know?

Edited by RWJC

17 hours ago, RWJC said:

would you agree the roster seems much improved and that there generally wasn’t a fit for Podz given whom was brought in and whom his competition would be for a role?

Yup

This roster is much improved (forward wise). 

As a result, Podz chance of making the team has decreased dramatically. 

As Podz is a winger, the only person he had a very outside chance of beating out was Sprong. Sprong got limited ice time between press box and sheltered minutes because of his lack of attention to detail on defense. 

This summer was a dose of reality for him as he found out that demand for his services wasn't that high around the league.. My hope is that he's since then recommitted to playing sound 2 way hockey. 

The thing is, if he hasnt or can't become a better 2 way player, RT might not use him.. In that case RT would be forced to play Aman on wing or bring up PDG. 

If that's the case, personally, I would prefer Podz take the winger spot and Aman stay the 13th forward on case a C gets injured. 

But hey, let's hope Sprong signing is a home run because after all, we root for this team and want the team to do well. 

• Cheers 1