[Report] Askarov requests trade out of NSH

He has always been refer to as the best goalie prospect who is currently not playing in the NHL. Does anyone know if he is really worth the hype? 

18 minutes ago, RJCF96 said:

He has always been refer to as the best goalie prospect who is currently not playing in the NHL. Does anyone know if he is really worth the hype? 

I'll never forget his complete inability to hold onto his stick that one year at the WJC. Ferraro was losing his mind.

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Diamonds said:

He might be a good option to push Silovs, but also likely costs to much to be worth acquiring.

He’s ALOT better than Silovs.  He’s a future Vezina trophy winner.  I’d easily trade Silovs + to get this guy.  Would be a lot easier to trade Demko in the summer rather than paying him $8.5 million for the next 8 years…

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Olli Juolevi said:

I'll never forget his complete inability to hold onto his stick that one year at the WJC. Ferraro was losing his mind.

So more like inconsistentarov.

2 minutes ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

So management wants him to be Trainingcamparov then.  That doesn't really roll off the tongue that well, you know.  Too many syllables. :classic_wink:

It seems that might be the case 😛 

But it's not as if they didn't know this could happen, Askarov may just have to deal if Nashville doesn't get an offer they like

• Cheers 2

54 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I would have done Silovs + Podkolzin for Askarov.  I’d do Silovs + the 4th round pick we just got and see what Nashville says…

Not even close to enough to get that deal done.. Nashville would be thinking closer to Willander or Lekkerimaki + 
Trash/mid level picks won't come even close! It's going to cost a 1st Rd + or a Team's top prospect to get this deal done.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Don Brodka Jr said:

Not even close to enough to get that deal done.. Nashville would be thinking closer to Willander or Lekkerimaki + 
Trash/mid level picks won't come even close! It's going to cost a 1st Rd + or a Team's top prospect to get this deal done.

Is he really that good? I mean Silovs has proven at the NHL level to be a great goalie, the only questions with him is consistency and durability. The dude played his butt off as a 3rd stringer in the playoffs against the best offensive team in the league. He looked great, not Demko level, but the tools are there. 

Askarov reminds me of the Markstrom hype.