[Report] Askarov requests trade out of NSH

41 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Because Silovs doesn’t have the pedigree Askarov does.

Askarov will be a legit starter in this league. Silovs will be happy to cut out a career as a backup for himself.

So you think silov career aspiration is I want to be a backup I have no chance to be good and be a starter?

if they are 25+ I would agree.. 22-23? Ya prolly not 

Edited by wai_lai416
  • Cheers 1

11 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

So you think silov career aspiration is I want to be a backup I have no chance to be good and be a starter?

Making millions of dollars and playing in the best league in the world is poor aspirations?

There are only 32 NHL starting positions in the world each season. Being a backup is still pretty good. Based on his draft position and numbers so far I would say he’d feel pretty fortunate to fill that role long term.

Edited by DeNiro
  • Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Making millions of dollars and playing in the best league in the world is poor aspirations?

There are only 32 NHL starting positions in the world each season. Being a backup is still pretty good. Based on his draft position and numbers so far I would say he’d feel pretty fortunate to fill that role long term.

Making millions? You mean making league minimum and almost half of it going to tax? With no guarantee job security? You think Nashville is going to pay more than the league minimum to backup a 8mil goalie? By your thinking I guess every player in the league should be happy to be a 4th liner and get no shot no opportunity because they are making millions in the best league. 

also what’s your point there’s only 32 nhl starting position? There’s prolly slightly above half the goalie currently in the league that is a legitimate starter. Draft position means nothing for goalie. Most team is not going to invest in a goalie the first few rounds because goalie takes forever to develop and it’s not worth it unless the goalie you are drafting is like a luongo price etc pedigree

im sure goalies getting drafted are going to be ya I’m just hoping to be a career backup in this league and I’ll be happy to never get an opportunity to be anything more

Edited by wai_lai416
  • Confused 1

On 8/19/2024 at 10:50 AM, Coconuts said:

It seems that might be the case 😛 

But it's not as if they didn't know this could happen, Askarov may just have to deal if Nashville doesn't get an offer they like

So in light of today's Ian Clarke news, do you think he'll become Play4MarkoToreniusarov?   :classic_ninja:

38 minutes ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

So in light of today's Ian Clarke news, do you think he'll become Play4MarkoToreniusarov?   :classic_ninja:

That's silly, we can't seem to keep Russians here so why bother? :classic_ninja:

• ThereItIs 1

Poor Silovs doesn’t get enough credit here. Played his butt off for us in the playoffs. Stole some games for us on our run. Prior to that he put Latvia (of all countries) on his back for their improbable run. Asky played well in minors. Hmmm. I’m fine with Silovs 😄

• Cheers 2

18 hours ago, Johnny said:

He is being promoted. Still with canucks

less of a promotion and more of a reduction and shifting of duties. sounds like he can't handle the on-ice aspect anymore. 

Posted (edited)

@DexM94

While I wish Ballard, Raymond and a pick could get it done - I’m a bit more realistic.

I’d be willing to pay a high asking price though. I love Demko and hope he’s healthy - nothing official would indicate otherwise. But we always have to be prepared to ice the best team now and into the future and I think his ceiling is far higher than Silovs. 

IF we had to, I’d be thrilled with running a Silovs and Askarov tandem. 

I’d have our 1st in play. I’d also obviously have the usual suspects in play if NSH would absorb the cap (which I don’t think they’ll have in time from the Johansen grievance).

Edited by GrammaInTheTub
Forgot to quote Dex in my response