[Report] Askarov requests trade out of NSH

7 minutes ago, HKSR said:

This is the kinda goalie prospect I'd love to have in our system to push Demko.  Would be solid succession planning.

He'd be an upgrade on Silovs, certainly. Younger, proven AHL starter, higher pedigree. He's one of the better goaltending prospects out there, he wouldn't come cheap though. 

2 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

He'd be an upgrade on Silovs, certainly. Younger, proven AHL starter, higher pedigree. He's one of the better goaltending prospects out there, he wouldn't come cheap though. 

1 minute ago, cripplereh said:

Worth a call to see what the ask is.

Would definitely see what the ask is.

12 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I would have done Silovs + Podkolzin for Askarov.  I’d do Silovs + the 4th round pick we just got and see what Nashville says…

They'd likely say "go f yourself" 

11 hours ago, Don Brodka Jr said:

He's been linked to Montreal for quite some time now.. They've got the young assets to get it done.. That's my bet.. He'll be a Hab

Montreal doesn't have a real need for him.  Montembeault is underrated. Primeau is looking like a legit nhl goalie (although it's still earkt) and they have a highly touted prospect in Fowler 

Yeah, I have been saying this the moment Saros re-signed - Silovs doesn’t mind playing in the AHL. Let’s do a prospect swap.

Askarov and Silovs are roughly in the same tier of prospects, but Asky does have a higher ceiling. His upside is tremendous.

2 hours ago, nergish said:

Yeah, I have been saying this the moment Saros re-signed - Silovs doesn’t mind playing in the AHL. Let’s do a prospect swap.

Askarov and Silovs are roughly in the same tier of prospects, but Asky does have a higher ceiling. His upside is tremendous.

Not in the same tier I have to disagree.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

4 hours ago, Rush said:

Not in the same tier I have to disagree.

Goalie prospects have little value as it is, and draft pedigree is not a factor. Yes, Asky has performed better in the AHL to date, but Silovs is currently ahead of him with his NHL play. They’re both 6’4 athletic tenders, and top-5 prospects for the position.

Askarov is better than Silovs, that I can agree on. But it’s really not by that much. They have basically identical value imo

Edited by nergish
  • Cheers 1

There are plenty of teams in the league that will outbid any lowball offer proposal and plenty of them have more than enough asset and a position as a potential starter.. he can easily compete for a spot in the up and coming lottery teams. Nashville is in no rush to move him until they get a team desperate enough with an offer they like 

5 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

There are plenty of teams in the league that will outbid any lowball offer proposal and plenty of them have more than enough asset and a position as a potential starter.. he can easily compete for a spot in the up and coming lottery teams. Nashville is in no rush to move him until they get a team desperate enough with an offer they like 

Not a ton of teams that can offer up a young backup which I’m sure they’d have interest in.

Nashville about to have another 4 mill in cap space too with Johansen’s cap penalty about to be wiped from the books. Methinks NSH is well positioned to make a trade with Askarov and fulfill any needs. Saros and Wedgewood on the big club, vet Murray on the farm. I imagine NSH will pursue BPA/best package in any trade involving Askarov and not necessarily it have to be an immediate G prospect, although it’s an obvious need if he’s dealt.

Edited by RWJC

33 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Not a ton of teams that can offer up a young backup which I’m sure they’d have interest in.

And every young backup will be in the same situation request a trade out. What young backup would be willing to stay in Nashville or play in their ahl system with literally 0 chance of ever getting a legitimate shot at the nhl? Say you are a 22-23 year old goalie.. u want to wait for ur chance to be a starter by the time you are 30? You can argue well they are under contract. Ya so is askarov doesn’t stop him from requesting a trade out. Unless you are like 18 year old goalie that needs like 5-6 years of seasoning.. there’s almost no chance any young goalie would stay in Nashville. How many team with a good starting goalie signed to 7+ years have a good young goalie prospect 22+ in their system waiting patiently for their chance?

8 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

And every young backup will be in the same situation request a trade out. What young backup would be willing to stay in Nashville or play in their ahl system with literally 0 chance of ever getting a legitimate shot at the nhl? Say you are a 22-23 year old goalie.. u want to wait for ur chance to be a starter by the time you are 30? You can argue well they are under contract. Ya so is askarov doesn’t stop him from requesting a trade out. Unless you are like 18 year old goalie that needs like 5-6 years of seasoning.. there’s almost no chance any young goalie would stay in Nashville. How many team with a good starting goalie signed to 7+ years have a good young goalie prospect 22+ in their system waiting patiently for their chance?

Because Silovs doesn’t have the pedigree Askarov does.

Askarov will be a legit starter in this league. Silovs will be happy to cut out a career as a backup for himself.

Edited by DeNiro
  • Upvote 1