Ryan Johansen waivers & termination

5 minutes ago, Viking said:

I would like to know what material breach means?

Why not bring RyJo home on a PTO? 

Never a good thing if it's enough to terminate a contract.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

I for one would love to bring RJ in as a 3C option, big right shot centre at I’m guessing a 1 year 1-2 million type deal, he pushes the needle in my eyes if he can get back to 2 years ago a production and who better to find his game than with Joshua and garland fits like a glove, Kes will be pissed lol

• Cheers 2

No, to the Canucks having interest in Johansen. This guy has had only one good season in the past five years.

Even before this move by the Flyers to terminate his contract, Johansen was not expected to play this upcoming season as he has a hip injury.

Material breach - kind of sounds like he had some cannabis on him while at the training facility? Or else, who knows. 

Depending on what it is, I'd take a "flyer" (no pun intended) on him as a #3C, for the league minimum. 

Heinen - Miller - Boeser

DeBrusk - Pettersson - Sprong

Joshua - Johansen - Garland

Suter - Blueger - Sherwood

Hoglander

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

The more I read about this the more it looks like Johansen may have exaggerated the extent of his hip injury to get out of being sent down to the AHL by the Flyers after they traded for him this past season and to also perhaps get out of being bought out by Philly during the off-season. Looks like this is gonna get messy.

27 minutes ago, GrammaInTheTub said:

Interesting that it could be tied to his injury/surgery. Makes me wonder if perhaps he reinjured himself by engaging in activities that were more or less no go zone by doctors for his rehab. 

Ya that could be the case, but in reality I would bet near 100% or Robidas islant type players who are still getting paid do activities that would make you question how injured they are...

I have worked at a quite a few NHL players houses around the Okanagan, some were on LTIR but in the summer they had no issue wakeboarding or hopping on their Motorcycle...its a flawed system a way for teams to get out from bad contracts and not have a cap penalty.

Maybe someone sent a video of RyJo doing something or he was stupid enough to post it himself.

Sounds like it will be a process so however long that takes, unlikely he gets signed by anyone till it plays out

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, GrammaInTheTub said:

Interesting that it could be tied to his injury/surgery. Makes me wonder if perhaps he reinjured himself by engaging in activities that were more or less no go zone by doctors for his rehab. 

Based on nothing but my imagination, my guess is he doesn't want to play for Torts and is refusing to report/faking an injury. If it was refusing to report, I imagine this termination wouldn't happen until camp starts. Wasn't he healthy and playing in Colorado before the trade to Philly? I suspect it has to do with that. Him and Torts didn't get along in Columbus.

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, GrammaInTheTub said:

First thing I thought of as well, drunk injury or skiing or something along those lines 

• ThereItIs 1

1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

Hell no!

This guy has some serious character flaws. Wouldn’t touch him with a ten foot pole.

Like what ? I remember in 2015 some ppl thought he was one of the best in the league 

3 minutes ago, Blue said:

Like what ? I remember in 2015 some ppl thought he was one of the best in the league 

He was and still can be a serviceable bottom six center. Not sure where all these "character/skill concerns" came from. 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Pears said:

He was and still can be a serviceable bottom six center. Not sure where all these "character/skill concerns" came from. 

I remember something about his time in Columbus with him not being good with the younger guys on the team.

Could be wrong but I definitely remember something about locker room issues with him.

Even then he’s just not a very good player any more. Not even as a third line center.

• Cheers 1