[PTO] Pearson to Vegas

30 minutes ago, Canuck You said:

Decent bottom 6 but injuries really messed him up.

28 minutes ago, JeremyCuddles said:

Great middle 6 guy who got derailed by injuries. Hopefully he can find a place somewhere. Never want to see a guy get axed from the league cause of injuries.

14 minutes ago, tas said:

always liked pearse, didn't like the way he went out in van. 

Yeah, the whole hand saga left a bad taste in my mouth. He was a solid player for us for a good while there, would be nice to see him continue his career with an NHL franchise. 

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Yeah, the whole hand saga left a bad taste in my mouth. He was a solid player for us for a good while there, would be nice to see him continue his career with an NHL franchise. 

just a reliable, low maintenance guy. excellent pro. 

• Cheers 2

What a surprise. Don’t be surprised to see him sign a one year contract after the preseason, only to see him get injured early on and spend significant time on LTIR and come back just in time for the playoffs.

Edited by Snoop Hogg

Good on the guy! I hope he's able to turn this into a contract.. 
His time in Vancouver was terrible.. Had a teammate mocking his chubby wife in group chats.. breaks his hand in a fight defending another teammate then gets told by team doctors "Nah, you don't need surgery, you'll be just peachy" only to get a multiple infections end up losing an entire year off his career dealing with numerous surgeries to correct something that should've been done right the first time! I'll be rooting for the guy!

Tanner Pearson was a good trade and a good recovery project for Travis Green.   Who Pearson showed a lot of gratitude towards for how he coached him.   It's lost on some that in LA and then PIT his career in hockey was looking like it was coming to a close, and he wasn't at all playing up to his contract.    It's too bad about the hand, not a good way to go out.