[Speculation] Canucks Testing Goalie Market Amid Thatcher Demko’s Injury

2 minutes ago, Devron said:

Doesn’t expect… Can’t confirm that… its quite possible that he’s not ready for training camp but I’ve been around since long enough to see enough lies spread around as well. Everyone wants to be relevant

Demko stopped playing hockey 4 months ago.  Why wouldn't he be ready for training camp?  Can you explain that?  Do minor injuries take 5 months to heal?

Just now, Elias Pettersson said:

Demko stopped playing hockey 4 months ago.  Why wouldn't he be ready for training camp?  Can you explain that?  Do minor injuries take 5 months to heal?

Because it’s not confirmed unless I’ve missed something 

• Cheers 1

22 minutes ago, Devron said:

So where’s the goalie world? Where do all these goalies hang out and shoot the shit? I wanna come 

It’s to the left of the spider verse but before that place where women leave the reasonable parts of their brains after they have kids and are chronically angry or whatever

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)

I’m not so concerned about Demko being out, more highly interested in whom were intending to replace him with and for how much.

Apparently were looking at closing a deal  with Lankinen around $2mill per?

Thats not a bad price for someone who will be thrusted into likely a 50/50 split if Demmer is indeed out for some time 

Edited by RWJC

Just now, RWJC said:

I’m not so concerned about Demko being out, more highly interested in whom were intending to replace him with and for how much.

Apparently were looking at closing a deal  with Lankinen around $2mill per?

Thats not a bad price for someone who will be thrusted into likely a 50/50 split if Delmer is indeed out for some time 

I wonder if Lankinen isn’t signed yet does he even get 2 million? Was that just the salary he got last year 

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Devron said:

I wonder if Lankinen isn’t signed yet does he even get 2 million? Was that just the salary he got last year 

I read earlier that it’s expected/speculated any new deal would come in similar to his previous one, so I guess the 2 mill mark? We currently only have 200K in cap space though we can exceed, so any G deal will involve Poolman’s 2.5 LTIRd or traded. Thankfully it’s the last season of that. 

Edited by RWJC
  • Cheers 2

8 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

So, it's basically confirmed that Demko has had some type of surgery.  He will be out for at least a month, maybe longer.  My spidey senses tell me that all is not okay with Demko.  

If I were Allvin, I'd go hard after Askarov...

Askarov? 

He'd cost too much to acquire from Nashville. 

7 hours ago, RWJC said:

I read earlier that it’s expected/speculated any new deal would come in similar to his previous one, so I guess the 2 mill mark? We currently only have 200K in cap space though we can exceed, so any G deal will involve Poolman’s 2.5 LTIRd or traded. Thankfully it’s the last season of that. 

Thought we were looking good, and now team has to deal with Demko's injury. I really hope there's no repeat of what happened at the end of last season where Demko's body just broke down. Can't keep having that be repeated over and over again. 

Guess the team lives and dies with Demko in net. 

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Remember when Rachel Doerrie leaked that Ilya Mikheyev had a torn ACL and the Canucks immediately dismissed it?

from the Vancouver Sun article:

“Even if they don’t recruit a goalie to help out in training camp, if Demko becomes a question mark to start the season, what the Canucks can definitely lean on is that there will be goalies available at the end of training camp via waivers. Detroit, for instance, will have four waivers-eligible goalies in camp this year — Ville Husso, Cam Talbot, Alex Lyon and Jack Campbell — and they’ll have to cut at least one, likely two, at the end of camp; Buffalo has three NHL goalies under contract, presumably they’ll waive the experienced James Reimer at the end of camp, with Ukko-Pekka Luukkonen and Devon Levi expected to be their NHL duo this season; and in Winnipeg Eric Comrie will likely be on waivers too.“

at least we might have some further options if required.

Edited by RWJC
  • Cheers 2