[Waivers] September 29, 2023

5 hours ago, Bounce000 said:

Adam Gaudette is racking up quite the jersey collection.

Springfield, Marlies, Utica, Vancouver Canucks, Ottawa Senators, Chicago Blackhawks, and St Louis Blues. Kind of, not sure if you can really count St Louis given he's played 0 regular season games for em. A well travelled lad. I am jealous.

7 hours ago, Miss Korea said:

Wow, they waived Belzile, eh?  Why did New York even sign him if they weren't going to play him?  He put up very solid numbers in Montreal - 14 points in 31 games.

image.png.8f533c7bff14b2f010cab1ae8def6a37.png

Allvin claim this guy ^^^^

J Fresh that you? 

1 hour ago, Phil_314 said:

I hope we're waiting for a Hurricane or VGK RHD to get sent down.  

We should be lying in the weeds for some sandpaper. Our D is what it is we aren't going to upgrade it on the waiver wire. We need a banger this is the softest Canucks team I have ever seen in my lifetime. 

• ThereItIs 1

SCOUTING REPORT

The Finnish defenseman was the 19th player taken in the 2019 NHL Draft largely because he has a big slap shot, which makes him useful on the power play, and moves the puck well. At 6’0", he is not likely to grow into a physical force in his own zone and will have to fill out, add strength and improve his consistency in the defensive zone to earn a regular spot on the blue line.

Long Range Potential:Big-shooting offensive defenseman.

12 hours ago, Devron said:

Yes sometimes a change of scenery helps. Waivers are always a shot in the dark but if I’m a betting man that’s the guy I’d wanna take a stab at. Unfortunate play 

Rather wait and see if a RHD (or winger) with some size, grit and defensive ability pops up on waivers. We need another small, tweener offensive D/winger like a hole in the head.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Rather wait and see if a RHD (or winger) with some size, grit and defensive ability pops up on waivers. We need another small, tweener offensive D/winger like a hole in the head.

I guess I never thought of Lassi as that. “The Big Shooting offensive defencemen” scouting reports are old from his junior years 

25 minutes ago, Devron said:

I guess I never thought of Lassi as that. “The Big Shooting offensive defencemen” scouting reports are old from his junior years 

I think that's "big shooting", not "big AND shooting". He's a small'ish OFD, with a big shot. Not a big two way D who likes to shoot. 

AKA, not really a roster need.

• Cheers 1