[PTO] Canucks Sign F Sammy Blais to NHL PTO and AHL Contract

1 hour ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

A physical, hopefully 20 point player, or at least to make the guys compete at training camp? 

He's definitely being brought in to push the younger players, but IMO he still has game in him, in spite of his injury history.

He had a good showing 2 years ago while in St. Louis, in spite of playing in only 31 games with them (9g, 11a)...he was a disaster in NYR though, maybe a proper situation (here?) will work out for him

I like this player, I just hope he isn't blasé about his opportunity here. 😉😜

Edited by Sophomore Jinx
  • Haha 2

You need a couple of veterans in the organization that are developed enough to be able to sit in the press box in case of injury and still be able to slot into a lineup and not hurt you.  You don’t want a young player/prospect sitting there for very long.

Guys like PDG and Blais are that type of guy.

Edited by Provost
  • Cheers 2
  • Vintage 2

Oh heck yeah I wanted this guy! Had potential to be more than a 4th line guy when he was the main piece in the Buchnevich NYR trade. Injuries derailed him but from what I remember he’s a tough guy to play against because he hits everything! He was my cheap “the next Dakota Joshua” option!

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

That knee injury from Subban destroyed him.  He never really recovered his skating to the same point it was; which was actually one of his best attributes.  But he's a heavy player isn't afraid to rub someone against the boards and is still an NHL calibre skater so this is not a terrible signing at all

Believe that leaves the org at 47/50 contracts

• Cheers 2

Good pick up as we need more of this type of player on our roster. He pretty much hits everything in sight. Sitting at 6ft2inches is a very good size as well.

He is averaging around 5hits per game in his career!! Imagine if we have him on the same line with Sherwood.....it would be fun to watch...rock em sock em hockey night in Canada!!! 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, flickyoursedin said:

Had 194 hits in 54 games last year! This guy is on the team over PDG. The only question is whether the Canucks management risk Aman and or Karlsson bolting if they don’t make the team in favor of Blais.

Yup, PDG will be on the outside looking in with the acquisition of Blais.

And risk Aman? He's easily replaceable. He'll be bunking with the Pizza Man in Abby.

Edited by Sophomore Jinx
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Snoop Hogg said:

He wasn’t happy with how he was being utilized here. I know his cousin. 

You missed the Blazer reference from Dodgeball! Someone needs to.. teach me how to Gify!