[PTO] Canucks Sign F Sammy Blais to NHL PTO and AHL Contract

15 hours ago, Psycho_Path said:

I certainly feel like he's a better option than PDG, and was definitely more noticeable than Aman, so I agree with that myself. We'll have to see how he plays the rest of the pre-season, but he's shown himself well in this 1 game so far

disagree, PdG is way more dangerous with the puck. 
i take a 4th liner who could create plays over a one dimensional so called wrecking ball any day. 

• ThereItIs 1

2 hours ago, DexM94 said:

disagree, PdG is way more dangerous with the puck. 
i take a 4th liner who could create plays over a one dimensional so called wrecking ball any day. 

Blais looks cooked. Injuries have taken from him what he needed to be an effective NHLer. PDG is okay but in spot duty. We might see younger guys like Raty and Aman ahead of him. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

Blais looks cooked. Injuries have taken from him what he needed to be an effective NHLer. PDG is okay but in spot duty. We might see younger guys like Raty and Aman ahead of him. 

the fact that he came to camp on a PTO with inadequate fitness, saying that he's "been around the league for awhile and knows what it takes to win" and that he was surprised that a previous cup win on his resume from 5 years ago wasn't enough to land him a one-way nhl deal is very telling. 

dump this dead weight. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • ThereItIs 1

he's going to be in Abby to start the year for sure, so maybe he can get back up to speed there? dunno. He's depth at least and a low risk gamble.

We will need someone to be on the bottom 6 if Joshua needs time, so maybe thats his chance... or they try out Raty for a few games.

• Cheers 1

I agree. There are better options within the organization. He's Abby bound. 

• ThereItIs 1

2 hours ago, Alflives said:

Definitely go with Raty over Aman.... I've seen enough of Aman... he's more of an AHLer.... can't win FO consistently... a bit on the soft side.... if Aman was able to get slightly over 50% in FO and play a little bigger and pop in a few more goals, then I don't mind him being our 13th forward.

The NHL career for Blais is looking bleak now.... oh well.... at least he's earned enough to own 2-3 properties now!! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PureQuickness said:

Blais has had some injury problems recently, which he's recovering from. He's looking slow, but don't forget, a nagging injury will make an NHL player average out.

being injured is fine, but his fitness has been called out and and the guy openly said he was surprised that having a cup on his resume (from 5+ years ago) wasn't enough to get a one way deal.

I think he expected to coast his way to a roster spot because of reputation and a recommendation from his old coach, who's best buddies with tocc. 

On 9/26/2024 at 7:51 AM, Alflives said:

I went to the game against Seattle, Blais is really slow now after injuries. The most impressive player that wasn’t a regular was Alrikkson. He’s a gamer and is further along than anyone is talking about. I wouldn’t be surprised if he makes the team next year. 

For all the talk about Lekkerimaki, it’s unsettling watching him along the boards. He is tiny and needs atleast 15lbs.