[Report] Canucks interested in G Kevin Lankinen

1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

If Demko were done for the season you wouldn’t have to worry about the trade deadline. We’d be focused on the draft lottery.

Yup, we might be doing a stealth one year retool tank and get another top 10 pick lol. No seriously, RT is too good, we'd probably be back in the mushy middle though.

Gotta find someone to take Poolman, I'm sure they've offered a third but it would likely take a second.

16 hours ago, Snoop Hogg said:

Don’t 2 way players produce some offence? 

He showed that he could put up points in the AHL, but hasn't translated on the 4th line minutes

in the NHL.  If the coach wants to put Suter alongside JT, then Aman is needed as the 4C

15 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

He showed that he could put up points in the AHL, but hasn't translated on the 4th line minutes

in the NHL.  If the coach wants to put Suter alongside JT, then Aman is needed as the 4C

Yup, Aman is a lot more valuable and necessary than a lot of folks realize. Unless Raty beats him out. There has been much talk about him playing wing but he actually played a lot of center, especially when the play is in our own end he switches to center a lot.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gawdzukes said:

Yup, Aman is a lot more valuable and necessary than a lot of folks realize. Unless Raty beats him out. There has been much talk about him playing wing but he actually played a lot of center, especially when the play is in our own end he switches to center a lot.

Heinen-Miller-Boeser

Debrusk-Petey-Sprong

Joshua-Bluegar-Garland

Hoglander-Suter-Sherwood

Aman-PDG-Karlsson

Hughes-Hronek

Soucy-Myers

Forbort-Desharnais

Aman is definitely the 13th forward over PDG/Karlsson. 

• Cheers 3

24 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

I agree Gawdz, Raty will likely challenge Aman, but his waiver exemption will keep him in Abby

(unless he proves to be the much better player). 

I am hopeful that PA is looking for a young dman, who can take over the 3rd pairing role  

on the left side. I hope he looks at the Habs, as they are swarming with young dmen. 

Jayden Struble(23yr in Sept) is a speedy, physical LD who played 55 NHL games last season.

The Habs already have similar players in Matheson, Guhle and Xhekaj (and then there's

the awesome D prospects in the minors).

The Habs also have an overabundance in RWs, but could use a scoring left-winger to fill

the lineup. If the Canucks offer Hogs for Struble; the Habs should add to the trade.

The Nucks could try to get Xhekaj, who is a Zadorov type guy, but I think the Habs

would want too much for him.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, CanuckMan said:

Heinen-Miller-Boeser

Debrusk-Petey-Sprong

Joshua-Bluegar-Garland

Hoglander-Suter-Sherwood

Aman-PDG-Karlsson

Hughes-Hronek

Soucy-Myers

Forbort-Desharnais

PDG will start the season in Abby, just as he did last season.  Karls is waiver exempt, so he

will also start in Abby as well.  Aman is definitely the 13th guy.  A lot will depend on training

camp of course.  I still wonder about Hogs' fit on the team, though.

5 hours ago, higgyfan said:

PDG will start the season in Abby, just as he did last season.  Karls is waiver exempt, so he

will also start in Abby as well.  Aman is definitely the 13th guy.  A lot will depend on training

camp of course.  I still wonder about Hogs' fit on the team, though.

Need to keep in mind that Garland will not be kept forever and Boeser’s future is unpredictable right now as well. A guy like Hoglander will get his day in the top 6.

10 hours ago, CanuckMan said:

Need to keep in mind that Garland will not be kept forever and Boeser’s future is unpredictable right now as well. A guy like Hoglander will get his day in the top 6.

It's pure speculation at this point.  Lekky will likely make the team next season, as will Raty and

possibly D-Petey; all of which come with ELCs.  Boeser and Garly are carrying $11m worth of

cap space.  Poolman's LITR (2.5m will come off the books as well.  The Canuck management

always find a way to continue improving the team and staying under the cap.

Re: Hogs; I just don't see Hogs as a good fit for Tocc.  His dropoff during the P/Os is a concern as well.

I have no doubt that the coaching staff have given him a shortlist of what he needs to work on this

offseason.  This will be a significant season for Nils.

7 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

It's pure speculation at this point.  Lekky will likely make the team next season, as will Raty and

possibly D-Petey; all of which come with ELCs.  Boeser and Garly are carrying $11m worth of

cap space.  Poolman's LITR (2.5m will come off the books as well.  The Canuck management

always find a way to continue improving the team and staying under the cap.

Re: Hogs; I just don't see Hogs as a good fit for Tocc.  His dropoff during the P/Os is a concern as well.

I have no doubt that the coaching staff have given him a shortlist of what he needs to work on this

offseason.  This will be a significant season for Nils.

I get a feel that hogs will be part of a big trade package to land us a big fish at tdl this year 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, CanuckMan said:

Heinen-Miller-Boeser

Debrusk-Petey-Sprong

Joshua-Bluegar-Garland

Hoglander-Suter-Sherwood

Aman-PDG-Karlsson

Hughes-Hronek

Soucy-Myers

Forbort-Desharnais

I honestly don't know much about Heinen at all, Just wondering what makes him so good to be on the top line?..Not a jab but actually curious..I'd prefer either Hogz or DJ...Both big bodies and can make space for Millsy and Brock to work their magic..

22 minutes ago, Canuck You said:

I honestly don't know much about Heinen at all, Just wondering what makes him so good to be on the top line?..Not a jab but actually curious..I'd prefer either Hogz or DJ...Both big bodies and can make space for Millsy and Brock to work their magic..

Honestly I don’t know much either other than him scoring 17 & 18 goals in the last couple years. Someone’s got to play the top line if Debrusk has been brought in for Petey. Unless their plan is to load the top line Debrusk-Miller-Boeser.

Our wingers are actually quite versatile and can move up and down the line up.

boeser, Debrusk, Heinen, Sprong, Joshua, Garland, Hoglander, Sherwood

Honestly speaking I can’t remember the last time we had that kind of depth on the wings. That’s 2 wingers per line however you want to use them.

5 minutes ago, CanuckMan said:

Honestly I don’t know much either other than him scoring 17 & 18 goals in the last couple years. Someone’s got to play the top line if Debrusk has been brought in for Petey. Unless their plan is to load the top line Debrusk-Miller-Boeser.

Honestly speaking I can’t remember the last time we had that kind of depth on the wings. That’s 2 wingers per line however you want to use them.

• Cheers 1

24 minutes ago, Canuck You said:

Just now, CanuckMan said:

I think they can certainly load up the top line with another body, but Heinen just seems like a solid all-around player.  Good speed, good defensively, good shot.  

Most importantly, slotting him with Miller lets us keep the “3rd line” together and Suter at C. 

Hoglander is the real wild-card - he could end up with Miller and Boeser or Petey and DeBrusk.  But in the meantime, Heinen, Sherwood, Sprong, Suter or even breaking up Garland/Joshua are all options as well. It’s a hard lineup to predict. 

• Cheers 1

On 8/23/2024 at 6:36 PM, The Duke said:

Jokes aside, and keeping in mind nothing’s been determined on Demko, I still think this is a playoff team if Silovs can replicate what he did in the playoffs.  Which was solid if unspectacular hockey. 

Forward group looks like it took a big step - both on aggregate talent but also play style since they somehow added speed, grit and skill on the wings.  All 4 lines play defence. All 4 can score.

D is a step back but Hughes-Hronek are the reigning Norris pair and the rest are NHL-caliber and huge at bare minimum. Forbort-Desharnais will struggle offensively but as the likely PK1 pair they’re going to see maybe 8 minutes at 5v5 most nights.

I’m not sure I’ve ever seen more action-packed off-seasons than the last 2, though. Just drama after drama.

Its pure gold... helps kill the boredom of off season... 

• ThereItIs 1

33 minutes ago, CanuckMan said:

Boeser, Debrusk, Heinen, Sprong, Joshua, Garland, Hoglander, Sherwood

Switch up Heinen and Debrusk and that’s exactly the order they’ll play lines 1-4. Hogz seems to excel when he’s lower in the line up. On Petey’s wing he slowed down.

1 hour ago, GrammaInTheTub said:

Joshua - Petey - Garland

Debrusk - Miller - Boeser

Heinen/Hoglander - Blueger - Sprong

Hoglander/Heinen - Suter - Sherwood

Aman, PDG, Karlsson, Raty, Lekker

Gramma’s sipping late summer sangria 

I really like the idea of EP with DJ and Garland but it would also be nice to see if EP can build some chemistry with other players. If that happens, Toch has three really strong options plus a very solid fourth line. Toch can always go to EP with DJ/Garland but I think most left wingers can be protected defensively on a line with Debrusk and EP - there are some options that is for sure.

Heinen/Hogs Miller Boeser

Debrusk EP Sprong/Sherwood

DJ Bluegar Garland

Heinen/Hogs Suter Sherwood/Sprong

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, spook007 said:

Lets see how he performs first... he may take off and make himself irreplaceable... 

well I’m expecting a big year out of hogs that pushes him out the door because of finances, rather see us capitalize at the tdl and keep our assets strong rather than watching him go for peanuts in the offseason (broberg sotuation) 

• Cheers 1

31 minutes ago, NoCupSyndrome said:

I really like the idea of EP with DJ and Garland but it would also be nice to see if EP can build some chemistry with other players. If that happens, Toch has three really strong options plus a very solid fourth line. Toch can always go to EP with DJ/Garland but I think most left wingers can be protected defensively on a line with Debrusk and EP - there are some options that is for sure.

Heinen/Hogs Miller Boeser

Debrusk EP Sprong/Sherwood

DJ Bluegar Garland

Heinen/Hogs Suter Sherwood/Sprong

I love seeing our third line stay in place too 

1 hour ago, GrammaInTheTub said:

Joshua - Petey - Garland

Debrusk - Miller - Boeser

Heinen/Hoglander - Blueger - Sprong

Hoglander/Heinen - Suter - Sherwood

Aman, PDG, Karlsson, Raty, Lekker

Gramma’s sipping late summer sangria 

Send pictures

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Captain insano said:

well I’m expecting a big year out of hogs that pushes him out the door because of finances, rather see us capitalize at the tdl and keep our assets strong rather than watching him go for peanuts in the offseason (broberg sotuation) 

I kind of expect a step back. Not terrible but 18-20g, 4th line duty