[Report] Canucks interested in G Kevin Lankinen

1 hour ago, canucks curse said:

Debrusk Petey Sprong 

Joshua Miller Brock 

heinen Bluegger Garland 

hoglander Suter Sherwood 

thats insane depth 

that doesn't include the pressure from PDG, Aman or Blais pushing for a spot. I suspect that if he's healthy, Blais gets that 13F gig. 

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

On 8/22/2024 at 11:17 PM, CaptainCanuck12 said:

And I just noticed him being soft in the corners and pushed off the puck super easily.

Aman was to me a weak link last year, nothing bugs me more then watching guys with some size do little to nothing with it.    Soft isn't a word  I like throwing around, but agree he was soft.   Why can't we ice 4the liners with loads of heart and muscle?   Don't they exist anymore?   Until 2010's, that's all I re-call seeing in the NHL.   Either you were an experienced vet in the twilight of your career (Ryan Walter types) or you had loads of spark, hit things that moved and hustled.   Like Motte did.   Why wouldn't you want that on your team?   As far as skill goes, for sure you can find the same skillets plus mean, gritty as Aman somewhere else.    Lafferty too, but at least he scored some goals.   It reminds me way too much of the JB era. 

Edited by IBatch
  • Like 1
  • Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

1 hour ago, canucks curse said:

Debrusk Petey Sprong 

Joshua Miller Brock 

heinen Bluegger Garland 

hoglander Suter Sherwood 

thats insane depth 

I love that, but I think Hogz needs to be with Petey and finally get some PP time.  
He put up great numbers, all at even strength.  
I think it’s time to give him great players and let go of the leash.  
Hogz is LOADED with skill. He just needs the confidence and OK from coaching staff to fully go for it.  
I think this is a big year for him 

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, canucks curse said:

Debrusk Petey Sprong 

Joshua Miller Brock 

heinen Bluegger Garland 

hoglander Suter Sherwood 

thats insane depth 

I’d switch Joshua and Heinen to begin, but yeah see what Hoglander can produce point wise grinding it out on the 4th line vs lesser skilled opposing competition.

2 hours ago, canucks curse said:

Edited by Bretzky

1 hour ago, D.B Cooper said:

I love that, but I think Hogz needs to be with Petey and finally get some PP time.  
He put up great numbers, all at even strength.  
I think it’s time to give him great players and let go of the leash.  
Hogz is LOADED with skill. He just needs the confidence and OK from coaching staff to fully go for it.  
I think this is a big year for him 

Agree tbh 

so much depth it’s hard to know where the wingers should go 

I’m hopeful Sprong works out and pops 20G. Considering he’s had issues in previous rooms (apparently Dutch personality and misunderstood) and is known for a lack of D responsibility, I hope he’s still given the opportunity to provide O and not given the Kuz treatment (unless deserved). Great teams receive excellent secondary and tertiary scoring which sets them apart from other clubs and Sprong is such an ideal opportunity for some

of that. Just a question of who rotates in and out for that TOI. 

12 hours ago, GrammaInTheTub said:

Joshua - Petey - Garland

Debrusk - Miller - Boeser

Heinen/Hoglander - Blueger - Sprong

Hoglander/Heinen - Suter - Sherwood

Aman, PDG, Karlsson, Raty, Lekker

Gramma’s sipping late summer sangria 

Too bad the defence isn't that deep. 

15 hours ago, Bob Long said:

that doesn't include the pressure from PDG, Aman or Blais pushing for a spot. I suspect that if he's healthy, Blais gets that 13F gig. 

My money is on Aman given he is a center and Blais is on an AHL contract (and the Canucks only have 2 free contract spots left). I wonder if Aman would clear waivers, probably a decent chance he gets claimed.

35 minutes ago, NoCupSyndrome said:

My money is on Aman given he is a center and Blais is on an AHL contract (and the Canucks only have 2 free contract spots left). I wonder if Aman would clear waivers, probably a decent chance he gets claimed.

I don't think Aman would clear. We'll see how the opening day cap looks but I think that they would be more willing to risk losing pdg. 

16 minutes ago, Hammertime said:

What's the point of being interested? Isn't he UFA. If they want him just sign him before someone else does. 

If Demko is not ready to go to starts the season or needs surgery MGMT need to move quickly. 

Well, they have to work out the cap

1 hour ago, Bure10Kuzmenko96 said:

Well, they have to work out the cap

No they don't not really. Of course eventually but not immediately. I would say if they want the guy they should get him before someone else does. So what if they have to put Poolman on LTIR figure that out later we would be accruing cap on Demko anyway. The alternative of Silovs Tolopilo to start the year isn't particularly inspiring. Especially is Silovs looks like season 2 Spencer Martin. 

Edited by Hammertime
  • Cheers 1

On 8/24/2024 at 10:06 PM, Captain insano said:

well I’m expecting a big year out of hogs that pushes him out the door because of finances, rather see us capitalize at the tdl and keep our assets strong rather than watching him go for peanuts in the offseason (broberg sotuation) 

I get your point, and you may be right, but if Hogs is scoring for fun, and we are at the races, I don't think, they'll waste the opportunity for future assets...

But only time will tell... 😊

2 hours ago, Hammertime said:

No they don't not really. Of course eventually but not immediately. I would say if they want the guy they should get him before someone else does. So what if they have to put Poolman on LTIR figure that out later we would be accruing cap on Demko anyway. The alternative of Silovs Tolopilo to start the year isn't particularly inspiring. Especially is Silovs looks like season 2 Spencer Martin. 

Exactly. He would easily be a tradeable asset 10-20 games in if he gets signed to a reasonable contract and Demko is back

47 minutes ago, Sneakystink said:

Exactly. He would easily be a tradeable asset 10-20 games in if he gets signed to a reasonable contract and Demko is back

lol no one is trading for a backup goalie 10-20 games in once the season starts.. silovs is guaranteed to be dumped off to the AHL.. how often do you see backup goalies get traded during the season?? almost never.. they get plucked off the waivers for free if a team is desperate enough.

49 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

lol no one is trading for a backup goalie 10-20 games in once the season starts.. silovs is guaranteed to be dumped off to the AHL.. how often do you see backup goalies get traded during the season?? almost never.. they get plucked off the waivers for free if a team is desperate enough.

Things happen, injuries, teams not playing as well as expected, etc. Not every team in the league has a true #1. Your point of view is the only one that matters tho right?

17 minutes ago, Sneakystink said:

Things happen, injuries, teams not playing as well as expected, etc. Not every team in the league has a true #1. Your point of view is the only one that matters tho right?

so not every team have a true #1 so they decide to not go and find one in the off season that cost them 0 asset but would rather wait for the season to start and trade asset for a backup's backup? when he's guaranteed to be put on waivers if they want to keep silovs up?

Edited by wai_lai416

44 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

so not every team have a true #1 so they decide to not go and find one in the off season that cost them 0 asset but would rather wait for the season to start and trade asset for a backup's backup? when he's guaranteed to be put on waivers if they want to keep silovs up?

Maybe that team that would be interested would need to shed cap also.