New center ice logo

LionofJudah

Just seen this, I don't know how I feel about it just yet. I don't outright hate it, maybe it looks better in person or on tv. I think ill hold my judgment until then I think. 

What do you all think? (Sorry I don't know how to link things to make this look nicer)

Screenshot_20240824_121838.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

the best part by far is the way the red line minimizes as it overlaps with the logo. that's unique and modern looking, elegant. 

the rest of the redesign is fine too, just nothing to write home about. 

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 2

I dont hate it or love it but I would like it more if the orca had green. It's whatever imo.

The fact this logo has no green and our colors are blue, green and white is why I can't support anything orca. 

58 minutes ago, tas said:

the best part by far is the way the red line minimizes as it overlaps with the logo. that's unique and modern looking, elegant. 

the rest of the redesign is fine too, just nothing to write home about. 

That's a good point but is it an issue for the linesmen?  I suppose it conforms with regulations.

8 minutes ago, Crabcakes said:

That's a good point but is it an issue for the linesmen?  I suppose it conforms with regulations.

yeah I can't imagine it being an issue. 

Hoping they'll change centre ice to the black skate next season once the black seats are installed. That would look great. 

I don't mind this current design. Reminds me of the Euro games, where the centre ice circle is completely painted over. It's a nice, clean design. Looks pretty sharp. 

• Cheers 1

Still Orca Bay

AND what is with the seats...I thought these insane price increases were because they replaced them will all NEW Black seats...

Best part of this was seeing Ice back in the arena, time for Hockey already god damn it!!!

11 minutes ago, Viking said:

Still Orca Bay

AND what is with the seats...I thought these insane price increases were because they replaced them will all NEW Black seats...

Best part of this was seeing Ice back in the arena, time for Hockey already god damn it!!!

There's always that.  John McCaw was not a well liked owner.

The ticket prices are more to do with the team playing better.  It's a supply and demand thing.  I'm sure they have an economist figure out what to charge to maximize the gate.  I for one, balked at last years prices.  This year, fuggetabutit

• Cheers 1

I don't care what anyone says. The downhill skate has bad symbolism. (Think of Titanic as a logo) 

I honestly would be even ok with the Canucks changing their moniker since it's not been exactly good luck for Vancouver. (In fact losing 1st overall in a 50/50 wheel spin just shows we can't even win with 50% odds) 

I have no issues with black. I just don't like the Hallowe'en colours and the Star Wars font. I guess I'm tainted from the Flying V and the horrible teams in the mid to late 80's. 

Not even 94' gives me any nostalgia for the jersey. Just the players that wore them were awesome. The only good part of the Flying V era is the 82 team and Gary Bromley's skull goalie mask. 

Reminds me when 70's fashion was back in vogue. I was like anyone that likes 70's fashion, obviously never lived in the 70's. Because it was hideous. 

Early 80's was questionable too. 

• Tank 1

21 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

I don't care what anyone says. The downhill skate has bad symbolism. (Think of Titanic as a logo) 

I honestly would be even ok with the Canucks changing their moniker since it's not been exactly good luck for Vancouver. (In fact losing 1st overall in a 50/50 wheel spin just shows we can't even win with 50% odds) 

I have no issues with black. I just don't like the Hallowe'en colours and the Star Wars font. I guess I'm tainted from the Flying V and the horrible teams in the mid to late 80's. 

Not even 94' gives me any nostalgia for the jersey. Just the players that wore them were awesome. The only good part of the Flying V era is the 82 team and Gary Bromley's skull goalie mask. 

Reminds me when 70's fashion was back in vogue. I was like anyone that likes 70's fashion, obviously never lived in the 70's. Because it was hideous. 

And we’ve had so much success with the whale. 🤣

You can put a negative spin on any logo.

The fact is the skate is by far the best logo and colour scheme we have and most of the hockey world agrees. Even the players love it. Why do you think Quinn chose to wear it on the cover of NHL24?

Edited by DeNiro
  • Thanks 2
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

2 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

You don't like the 94 colors? But, but, but, what about this guy? 

0452331.jpg?v=v40

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Why not the stick in rink? C'mon now.

I thought there was some black light 3d effect with this, but it seems like they just went off centered for some unknown reason? Sure! Lets rip and fray the jerseys while we're at it.. IMO, this is all 20 yr old fashion. 

Lets go back to the roots, simple and established. 

Skate is a joke, whale ain't much better.

Flame away!

The black seats definitely tie into the new logo quite well. Definitely brings a more cohesive feel to the building. That has always been a critque of mine with the red chairs and lack of "symmetry" of canucks colours with the ice and lower bowl seen on TV. You get to see the nice colours up top during presentations but it felt like the ice level didn't quite match. Now the seats will better match the logo ( be more neutral ). A red rogers sponsor writing around the logo and red seats to me just looked awful. I won't know how much I like it until game but I like the idea behind it.

Please stop with the free the skate lol. I would love black jerseys just not the spaghetti skate logo lol