[Report] Johnny Gaudreau (31) and brother Matthew (29) killed by drunk driver

This is incredibly tragic.

So hard to put into words how to respond to this news.

Truly hope the family, fans, community and CBJ organization can eventually find some peace and solace amid such a great loss. 

Rest in peace Johnny and Matthew Gaudreau.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

RIP Johnny hockey and his brother.. truly tragic.. and devastating for his sister that's was suppose to get married tmw which is prolly postponed.. and will live with this horrible memory for the rest of her life... not sure if it's confirmed they were killed by drunks or not.. but ppl ffs stop driving if you are planning to drink.. even 1 drink.. I don't drink much anymore.. maybe less than 1 every couple months.. and even 1 beer I feel tipsy and I used to be a heavyweight.. I don't care if you end up killing urself coz u decides to drive.. but more often than not.. you don't die and innocent ppl die..

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2

Man, what a horrible and avoidable tragedy.. All these years later and we still have pieces of shit out there driving around drunk. Line the fucker up & shoot him firing squad style. That's the only way some of these douchebags learn!

Beyond saddening for the family..

Wild that's It's an active Blue Jackets player passing away again too after Mattis Kivlenieks accident a few years back. The Fuck is going on in Columbus?

The Curse of Brittanie Cecil?

• Huggy Bear 1

5 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Fuck, this is true….  😢

They were in town for their sister’s wedding, she is getting married on Saturday.  Fuck…

RIP Johnny and Matthew…

Oh man... that is absolutely brutal.  Supposed to be such a happy occasion now in tragedy... 

Fuck drunk drivers.  There's SO many options to get home safe now.  Drunk driving should have WAY harsher penalties.

• Cheers 3

I met their mom who was scorekeeping my game at a tournament in New Jersey while Johnny was still with CGY. I was in the box and she just started chatting with me when she made a comment that "both of my boys are in the pros and I do not think they could even do that." Without saying who they were, she volunteered that her son played in Calgary and was from that area. She was so proud of both boys and just loved being at the rink. I saw that the Flames even did a story about her being their hockey mom and how proud she was of her kids. This is tragic and just another reason I quit drinking. If you cannot handle your booze do not get behind the wheel. Waaaaaay too many people drive impaired nowadays and this is the end result. 

• Like 3

Tragic News!

A son, husband, father, friend and good citizen is lost.

Johnny the man, will be missed, forever.......

It gives perspective that hockey is only a game

And that life is the real reward!

OMG this is horrifically tragic.

I'm floored by this news, my good God...ffs people - don't drink and drive. You irresponsible f'n morons who do!!!!!! Killing innocent people who are just out enjoying their lives.

My heartfelt condolences to the Gaudreau family. What a devastating blow that will take a huge toll on this family. I feel sick over it.

• Sad 8
  • Upvote 1