[Article] Canucks: Danton Heinen or Dakota Joshua? Who's the right fit for J.T. Miller and Brock Boeser?

RWJC

11 hours ago, Gawdzukes said:

Yeah, it's pretty black and white. It's not just the percentage. While the sheer number of face offs tells you if a player is a center they also have many more responsibilities and requirements. NHL teams usually don't just try random fringe guys at center for no reason when they already have 4.5 experienced centers on the roster.

Heinen has little practical experience at 29 years of age. He has 76 career face-offs taken and hasn't played much if any center in 8 years. He is not exactly a moldable piece of clay despite how good our coaches are.

Petey is a phenom who they wanted to develop as a center. He took 617 faceoffs in his first season. Last year he took 799 and the year before that was 997. He has over 3200 career face-offs at 25 years of age. He's a center.

I don't think you know what you're talking about here. Heinen was brought in to be a versatile winger. He is not going to be playing defence, goalie, or center. 3rd line yet. I don't think so. I am excited to see what he adds to our wings though.

Bro, it was a dream. Not anything to get all worked up about, but when there's a C/W next to their name I assume they've played at least a little centre in their career.  Taking faceoffs is different, like noted before Boeser takes faceoffs and so does DeBrusk but neither have a C/W next to their name.  The C/W by his name made me think it wasn't impossible.  

1 hour ago, Pure961089 said:

Bro, it was a dream. Not anything to get all worked up about, but when there's a C/W next to their name I assume they've played at least a little centre in their career.  Taking faceoffs is different, like noted before Boeser takes faceoffs and so does DeBrusk but neither have a C/W next to their name.  The C/W by his name made me think it wasn't impossible.  

LOL no one got worked up. You were corrected and refused to accept correction. So @Gawdzukes and I offered evidence to help you understand. Which you chose to ignore because there was a C/W next to his name and continued to rebuke. To which I threw in the towl.

Green Men make triumphant return to Rogers Arena

The fact is a lot of websites including NHL.com don't update things like Height Weight Position. Especially on 4th liners. If they played some C in the AHL or other leagues they will often be listed as a C/W like Linus Karlsson or possibly Aatu Raty are listed as C's and will potentially become wingers at the NHL level if they make it, but will remain listed as C's until someone gets around to it.    

Edited by Hammertime
  • Cheers 1

3 hours ago, SnakeDoctor said:

Which ever player works best at training camp should start the season with JT. 

Agreed. I think we’re likely to see that line ride the hot hand this season because Brock and JT are so well gelled now. I suspect we see more consistency in Petey’s line with Debrusk and whoever.

39 minutes ago, GrammaInTheTub said:

Agreed. I think we’re likely to see that line ride the hot hand this season because Brock and JT are so well gelled now. I suspect we see more consistency in Petey’s line with Debrusk and whoever.

Grams, that sounds like you’re teeing up a Dhaliwal from the comfort of your bubble bath…Sid at the deadline. 

image.gif.a8a721f4674a8ec30ddc0a458019171f.gif

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Hammertime said:

LOL no one got worked up. You were corrected and refused to accept correction. So @Gawdzukes and I offered evidence to help you understand. Which you chose to ignore because there was a C/W next to his name and continued to rebuke. To which I threw in the towl.

Green Men make triumphant return to Rogers Arena

The fact is a lot of websites including NHL.com don't update things like Height Weight Position. Especially on 4th liners. If they played some C in the AHL or other leagues they will often be listed as a C/W like Linus Karlsson or possibly Aatu Raty are listed as C's and will potentially become wingers at the NHL level if they make it, but will remain listed as C's until someone gets around to it.    

Thanks for correcting my wrong think dream.  What would we do without you? btw you're green men don't improve your argument.  

Edited by Pure961089

I think Hogs is the right fit for Miller and Brock.

Debrusk is perfect for Petey. Hogs held his own but he had way more production on the LW instead of Petey's RW.

Lekk would be good on Petey's right, but I think we have a few UFA hires that can slot in there for a couple years.

Garlund would be overkill for Petey.

For each line we need a fast big fore-checker. A play-maker who is right behind him, and a shooter/skilled guy who can get open for the play-maker.

Boeser the finisher for Miller.

Lekk the finisher for Petey. but meanwhile, sprong might surprise everyone, except the scouts.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Breadnbutta said:

Heinen Miller Boeser

DeBrusk Pettersson Sprong

Joshua Blueger Garland

Sherwood Suter Hoglander

Hughes Hronek

Soucy Myers

Forbort Desharnais

Demko

Silovs

beer run line:
Heinenken Miller Boesweiser 

Edited by RWJC
  • Cheers 1
  • MillerTime 1

16 hours ago, Pure961089 said:

No big deal brah. Just trying to help you get your facts straight. Take it or leave it. I always go to hockey database myself by typing hb after the player name. I find the info is more accurate and way nicer visually for the stats I'am looking for. In this case as has been explained to you the sites information you posted is simply incorrect for practical usage and out of date. As you get to know the league better you'll start to know which info to trust.

In our situation it would be crazy to try him at center considering we already have actual quality centers with substantial experience.

22 hours ago, SnakeDoctor said:

Which ever player works best at training camp should start the season with JT. 

This is going to be key. I guarantee at least 1 of the new players will find some sort of chemistry with JT. Could you imagine?

I'd keep Joshua & Garland together. Theres plenty of options in the forward group, I think the key is finding the pairs.

????? - Miller - Boeser

DeBrusk - Petey - ?????

Joshua - ????? - Garland

Then your left with; Hoglander, Sprong, Heinen, Sherwood, Suter, Blueger. 

That's 6 competent names to fill 3 spots then the remainder form the 4th line. I'd have those first 3 (Hog, Sprong, Heinen) as the favourites in whatever spot, but it is very exciting to have this kind of depth.

• Cheers 1