B.C. LIONS

smithers joe

the lions say they will not trade vernon adams. how can they make two starting quarterbacks work? when jackie parker and johnny bright were dual threats for the eskimos , bright was also a running back. is there any strategy that can make this scenario work?

21 minutes ago, smithers joe said:

the lions say they will not trade vernon adams. how can they make two starting quarterbacks work? when jackie parker and johnny bright were dual threats for the eskimos , bright was also a running back. is there any strategy that can make this scenario work?

I don't see it either Joe. Barring injury, VA will never start a game for the Lions this season.

35 minutes ago, smithers joe said:

Calgary had both Garcia and Flutie at one point.  If both guys are mature and get along well, I don't see how it can't work.

5 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Calgary had both Garcia and Flutie at one point.  If both guys are mature and get along well, I don't see how it can't work.

but how would they be deployed, half a game each or split starts or both be on the field at once?

Two players capable of starting is not too unusual. The Lions are fortunate to have both Adams and Rourke. It is a luxury they can afford for the remainder of this season.

Assuming he is remains under contract VA will likely be traded in the off-season.

7 hours ago, Reg said:

Two players capable of starting is not too unusual. The Lions are fortunate to have both Adams and Rourke. It is a luxury they can afford for the remainder of this season.

Assuming he is remains under contract VA will likely be traded in the off-season.

roarke signed for 3 seasons.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, smithers joe said:

EE also had Moon,Wilkinson

17 hours ago, smithers joe said:

You just reminded me of an old BC Lions favourite...Leon the Neon Bright. Son? Related?

• Cheers 1

28 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

You just reminded me of an old BC Lions favourite...Leon the Neon Bright. Son? Related?

don't know but i did learn that the cfl legend jackie parker played for3 seasons, early in his career for the b.c. lions.

• Cheers 2

3 hours ago, Ballisticsports said:

EE also had Moon,Wilkinson

.And prior to Moon the Esks had Wilkinson and Lemmerman as a one/two punch at quarterback. Did you know Wilkie used to play for the Lions before the double E.