2024 Young Stars Classic Thread

21 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

I'm giving credit where credit is due. This was a far better streaming production from Canucks.com. There was some audio issues at first. But overall it was good.

Too much Alberta content but overall it was one of the best streams the Canucks have done. 

They need to get a shot clock worked in.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, HKSR said:

If Raty can lock down his faceoff game, he'd be a guaranteed centre for us soon.  I don't see 1C in him, but certainly a 2C ceiling, but I'd be happy with a rock solid 3C..

And he has that rare ability to turn his stick over and be a lefty or a righty as the occasion demands. We saw it once close-up in the 3rd on a defensive face-off.  Looked up, saw who he was up against and flipped his stick over to counter.

I can't remember if he ever did that when he was with the big clubs, but certainly had the Abby commentators mentioning it

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

40 minutes ago, Bell said:

He was literally the best at this  All these legends are going to rub off at some point

Yup. If guys want to have nhl careers they have to listen to those who have been there, especially Malholtra. He was a high pick (top ten I think?) who was out of the league so he changed his game to fit a needed role. Raty wasn’t do high a pick but did come out of his draft with high expectations. If he listens and learns from Malholtra the role he needs to play to be an NHLer, we will have ourselves a heck of a player. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Googlie said:

And he has that rare ability to turn his stick over and be a lefty or a righty as the occasion demands. We saw it once close-up in the 3rd on a defensive face-off.  Looked up, saw who he was up against and flipped his stick over to counter.

I can't remember if he ever did that when he was with the big clubs, but certainly had the Abby commentators mentioning it

Miller is good at this as well.

• MillerTime 1

4 minutes ago, canucks curse said:

Coulda had local kid stankoven

The Empties say that’s the guy our scouts wanted but Benning, as always, wanted “his” guy. A guy he saw for one weekend. Compared to scouts who tracked players for years. Klimovich, by all accounts, is a wonderful person and hopefully he raises his family here. He’s a good addition to our community. But he’s not an NHLer. 

51 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Yup. If guys want to have nhl careers they have to listen to those who have been there, especially Malholtra. He was a high pick (top ten I think?) who was out of the league so he changed his game to fit a needed role. Raty wasn’t do high a pick but did come out of his draft with high expectations. If he listens and learns from Malholtra the role he needs to play to be an NHLer, we will have ourselves a heck of a player. 

I just imagine manny teaching Petey how to take draws

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1

37 minutes ago, Bell said:

I just imagine manny teaching Petey how to take draws

For you guys out there who play hockey, what makes a good face-off player?  Technique; positioning; knowing linesmen's tendencies; fast-twitch muscles?  What made Horvat so good?

I watched all the highlights. One thing that is exciting is Bains has good goal scoring instincts and knows where to he to get high danger opportunities. He didnt capitalize on them though. Looked like he was taking too much time sorting out his release.

If Bains works on getting his shot off quicker who could be a sleeper middle 6 inbthe future

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1