2024 Young Stars Classic Thread

So? Who gets the invite to the main camp?

Was surprised at how good Pettersson 2.0 looked, really composed and a physical force. I think he needs a year of Abbotsford, but I think he's close to be a bottom pairing guy.

Was a few standouts although I missed the Winnipeg game, only caught the highlights.

26 minutes ago, stawns said:

I would say that we can put to rest the notion that Lek might challenge for a spot in Van this season.  A year or two in Abby will be best for him

Out of camp this year yah I'd agree.... but don’t throw the baby out with the bathwater!  This year he'll most likely be in Abby but if he shows progression, could see some call ups over course of this coming season.  I would be surprised if he wasn't part of the big club coming out of camp for start of the 25-26 season.   

Nice to be in a place where we don't have to pin our hopes and prayers on these kids because we don't have any skill or talent on our roster.  We can let Lekkerimaki cook in the Ahl as long as he needs... but I still think he won't be down there long. 

• Like 1

Interested to see Lekkerimaki at camp, hopefully he gets a good chance.

I think its best for him to start in Abby even if he shows well - and come up later in the season rather than start here & hit the rookie wall midway - but it would be great to see him in a position to succeed & show what he can do.

From what I saw in todays game Bains looked a step ahead of everyone. He's going to be very interesting to see at camp too. 

54 minutes ago, Hogs and Podz said:

Out of camp this year yah I'd agree.... but don’t throw the baby out with the bathwater!  This year he'll most likely be in Abby but if he shows progression, could see some call ups over course of this coming season.  I would be surprised if he wasn't part of the big club coming out of camp for start of the 25-26 season.   

Nice to be in a place where we don't have to pin our hopes and prayers on these kids because we don't have any skill or talent on our roster.  We can let Lekkerimaki cook in the Ahl as long as he needs... but I still think he won't be down there long. 

I'm definitely not, he's going to be a great player, imo.  I just don't think he's an NHL player yet

• Cheers 2

8 hours ago, stawns said:

I would say that we can put to rest the notion that Lek might challenge for a spot in Van this season.  A year or two in Abby will be best for him

I disagree, put him on Peteys line at once. 
Petey takes the heat off his shoulders and since Lekkerimäki is careful with the puck he can deliver nice passes, shoot instantly or deke a bit. We just need a powerful player with them. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LillStrimma said:

I disagree, put him on Peteys line at once. 
Petey takes the heat off his shoulders and since Lekkerimäki is careful with the puck he can deliver nice passes, shoot instantly or deke a bit. We just need a powerful player with them. 

Debrusk is the power forward on that line. 
Debrusk - Petey - Lekkerimaki 

The Empties predict a big year from this trio. 

• Cheers 1

The Canucks’ prospects will remain in Penticton as the main Training Camp officially kicks off at the South Okanagan Events Centre on Thursday, September 19th. Fans can purchase tickets here.

Training Camp Schedule:

Day 1 Thursday, Sept 19 @ 9:30 AM – 1:30 PM

Day 2 Friday, Sept 20 @ 9:30 AM – 1:30 PM

Day 3 Saturday, Sept 21 @ 9:30 AM – 1:30 PM

Day 4 Sunday, Sept 22 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM Scrimmage*

*Scrimmage: Two 20-minute periods with one 20-minute intermission.