[GDT] Around the NHL [September 2024]

Just now, Alflives said:

Leafs AHL squad embarrassing the Hsberdoodles A group in Montreal. Habs look soft. Too small and too scared. 

Just ignore that Montreal is down Laine, Reinbacher and Xhekaj 5 minutes I to the game and is playing with 4 D now.  You've already proven you know nothing about Montreal and if you had any integrity you would have taken the bet I made you 

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, qwijjibo said:

Just ignore that Montreal is down Laine, Reinbacher and Xhekaj 5 minutes I to the game and is playing with 4 D now.  You've already proven you know nothing about Montreal and if you had any integrity you would have taken the bet I made you 

1D745936-3259-4365-A985-732EA3F21535.gif.9946d3bcdf5e936f01e4fdad683cd3d3.gif

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

This Leafs v Habs game is fantastic! And it’s preseason!!!!

Imhao there’s no better environment for a game than in Montreal. Except for (maybe?) Quebec City. Best games ever were Habs v Nordique. Skilled violence. 

Montreal traded for two years of LTIR. 

• ThereItIs 1

6 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Brutal series of events for Montreal

Reinbacher was probably a Longshot to make tbe roster this year because of all thier d prospects that are nhl ready.  The Laine Injury is a big blow. I can't imagine it won't be long term.  Shades of Dach in game 4 last season. I was looking forward to seeing how the Dach, Laine, Newhook line was going to gel.  

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Bob Long said:

Montreal traded for two years of LTIR. 

Sadly you might be right. I was hoping for the guy. 
Just never understood the Doodle Bugs bringing Laine in when all it did was take cherry minutes from Mighty Mouse? Unless they’re hoping to move their Smurfette? 

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Sadly you might be right. I was hoping for the guy. 
Just never understood the Doodle Bugs bringing Laine in when all it did was take cherry minutes from Mighty Mouse? Unless they’re hoping to move their Smurfette? 

He and Dach would have been the basis of a high skill, big second line.  Top line will remain intact 

• Cheers 1

Just now, qwijjibo said:

Reinbacher was probably a Longshot to make tbe roster this year because of all thier d prospects that are nhl ready.  The Laine Injury is a big blow. I can't imagine it won't be long term.  Shades of Dach in game 4 last season. I was looking forward to seeing how the Dach, Laine, Newhook line was going to gel.  

Always liked Dach but he’s a 3C. He’d be great with us in that role. Big, right shot. Here, he’d not need to be an offensive guy. He could fill a role that best suits his talents. And that’s a checking 3C. Seeing him on the PP is hard to watch and really not fair to him. Watch him on the pk and he shines bright. Love this guy on our club. He’d shine here because he wouldn’t be expected to play a role he’s not suited for. 

1 minute ago, qwijjibo said:

He and Dach would have been the basis of a high skill, big second line.  Top line will remain intact 

On the pp, where the Habs struggled a lot, Laine would take minutes from CC. Dach is not skilled guy. He’s a 3C. I really like him, but in a role that beats fits his talents. 
We saw it too much here where Benning kept bringing in guys and saying he saw more in them. Mostly that doesn’t work. Guys are who they are. And Dach is the perfect 3C. Damn he’d be ideal here in that role.