[GDT] Around the NHL [September 2024]

8 minutes ago, NoCupSyndrome said:

Hopefully just a charlie horse...Leafs leading with the knees tonight

Wasn’t a knee at all. Bustbacher is a softy. Wasted pick. He’s the Habs Cam Barcker or Olli Juiolevi. He’s just not an NHLer and never will be. 

33 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Michkov will soon prove to be the best player from his draft. He won’t be a dash 50 like Bedard. 

He could be, it was said he might be the most talented player I'm his draft class throughout the season leading up to the draft

29 minutes ago, qwijjibo said:

Reinbacher was probably a Longshot to make tbe roster this year because of all thier d prospects that are nhl ready.  The Laine Injury is a big blow. I can't imagine it won't be long term.  Shades of Dach in game 4 last season. I was looking forward to seeing how the Dach, Laine, Newhook line was going to gel.  

The Laine bit really sucks, was looking forward to seeing him get a fresh start 

Any preseason injuries suck though, particularly for guys who are still developing like Reinbacher

Edited by Coconuts
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, NoCupSyndrome said:

Reinbacher?

Yup. Looked bad for the kid. Just shows that it’s always best to take a hit and not try to avoid it when in that situation. Some guys though, it’s just in their dna to shy from in coming contact. 

6 minutes ago, hockeyville88 said:

Laine injury looked awful. I feel for the guy

Yup. He might be cooked. Hard to come back from that when considering all the circumstances. Tbh it might be the best for the Habs to have Laine out. Just not seeing him fitting into that group. 

9 minutes ago, JoGuitar said:

That Laine hit looked brutal. Hopefully he’ll be ok. Sucks for the Habs!!

Yeah. They've led the league in games lost to injury for 3 years now.(actually 3rd last year)  Doesn't look like it'll be much different this year