WOOOHOOO-HOOO CAN JT DO IT AGAIN!!!???!!!

Rocket-68

Well Can He  

50 members have voted

1. 1. What will JT Do This Coming Season

• At least 110 to tie Bure but my money is on him being the all time single season Canucks Points Leader coming right up!!!
    • No, he will regress slightly and get between 90 - 99 points
    • Fuck no! Will drop off a cliff and won't crack 20 goals and 20 assists despite playing 30 minutes a night ... ahhhmmmmm, if you pick this please go cheer for the Coilers.
    • JT Will Rack up at least 3 more 100 point seasons before he is done as a Canucks.
    • None of the above, see my comments below

14 hours ago, Rip The Mesh said:

I would not even think of splitting up Miller and Boeser, in fact; I'd put De Brusk with them over Hoglander or whoever. 

Yeah have been thinking that too, add a speedster like Debrusk to that line and oh man it would be lethal.. could end up being one of the best lines in the nhl

2 hours ago, Hammertime said:

I don't get your meaning. 

Lindholm or no Lindholm. It matters not.  Pete isn't making 7m he's making 11.6 playing 2nd banana to Miller won't fly in this city for long. 

Not the way Miller plays all the time, especially in the playoffs, no one outplayed Miller in the playoffs, no one! Silovs was a close second but JTM was it.

Petey has something to prove in the playoffs from now on if he doesn't, that's trouble for us, BIG trouble! 

On 9/7/2024 at 2:50 AM, iceman1964 said:

Yeah have been thinking that too, add a speedster like Debrusk to that line and oh man it would be lethal.. could end up being one of the best lines in the nhl

Disagree.  A puck separator, I woukd try Sherwood and Heinen.  Take some of the physical off of JT and let him be the center and not both Center and Physical winger.  He will excel and the line will dominate.  

Team is stronger with

Debrusk Petey Hogs/Sprong being a fast high skilled counter attack line.  

Put the other teams in a blender with 4 strong lines hurting them in 4 different ways.  

On 9/6/2024 at 11:45 PM, Hammertime said:

Lindholm or no Lindholm. It matters not.  Pete isn't making 7m he's making 11.6 playing 2nd banana to Miller won't fly in this city for long. 

It doesn't matter is he's playing 2c.   He's first got to earn it.    Agree that Tocchet will play De-Brusk with EP, although like he said "i'd be lying if I said I haven't thought about it " as in adding De-Brusk to Millers line, it does look like a very good line.     Age wise, it makes sense that EP should eventually overtake  Miller.   He's already done it once too.   What a great problem to have, the Sedins and Naslund never peaked at the same time.   That kind of blew. 

• Cheers 1

12 hours ago, kettlevalley said:

Disagree.  A puck separator, I woukd try Sherwood and Heinen.  Take some of the physical off of JT and let him be the center and not both Center and Physical winger.  He will excel and the line will dominate.  

Team is stronger with

Debrusk Petey Hogs/Sprong being a fast high skilled counter attack line.  

Put the other teams in a blender with 4 strong lines hurting them in 4 different ways.  

You could be right, I don't know much about Sherwood and Heinen really, I just like the idea of some extra speed on the line, forechecking for puck retrieval. You could be right though, definitely wouldn't argue about it but it's good to have options at any rate.

14 hours ago, iceman1964 said:

You could be right, I don't know much about Sherwood and Heinen really, I just like the idea of some extra speed on the line, forechecking for puck retrieval. You could be right though, definitely wouldn't argue about it but it's good to have options at any rate.

RT will try every combination anyway.   But Heinen is fast and defensively responsible with decent hands and a little playmaking.  Sherwood is hard to play against and a little more of a banger.  Personally I want Alriksson with Miller but he is not ready yet.  But I hope we see that in training camp or preseason.  

3 hours ago, kettlevalley said:

RT will try every combination anyway.   But Heinen is fast and defensively responsible with decent hands and a little playmaking.  Sherwood is hard to play against and a little more of a banger.  Personally I want Alriksson with Miller but he is not ready yet.  But I hope we see that in training camp or preseason.  

Debrusk might be a better fit than you think.  He has the highest average distance travelled (per 60mins played) of any Canuck forward on the roster at even strength. (Possibly more than any D as well. I didn’t check) In other words, the guy is really hustling out there. Could be the perfect guy to get the puck for Brock and JT. 

31 minutes ago, Baratheon said:

Debrusk might be a better fit than you think.  He has the highest average distance travelled (per 60mins played) of any Canuck forward on the roster at even strength. (Possibly more than any D as well. I didn’t check) In other words, the guy is really hustling out there. Could be the perfect guy to get the puck for Brock and JT. 

And yet Petey needs him more.  

On 9/6/2024 at 8:45 PM, Hammertime said:

Well of course Pettersson will play longer as he is much younger, but to say Pettersson's massive new contract will effect and even down-grade the way fans

feel about Miller is retard crazy. Just watch the games and you'll get it. 9️⃣

3 hours ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Well of course Pettersson will play longer as he is much younger, but to say Pettersson's massive new contract will effect and even down-grade the way fans

feel about Miller is retard crazy. Just watch the games and you'll get it. 9️⃣

It's not that I don't get it at all. In my post I believe I said Miller most valable forward. The entire city should and will get it. It's one thing to be making 7m it's an entirely different situation making 11.6. The media will whip this bipolar fanbase into a frenzy. 

Pete needs to play 1C this year or we'll never hear the end of it. 

• Like 1