Have You or Anyone Close to You Ever Recieved Anything From a Canuck?

Canuck You

Back in the late 90s/early 2000s, me and my buddy used to go wait in this park next to Reunion Arena in Dallas on game days. Visiting teams usually stayed at this hotel just up the street and most of the players would usually walk down the hill and across the park to go to the morning skate. We met hundreds of players doing this. In March of 2000 when the Canucks were in town, we went over to meet the players that morning. The night before was when Ed Belfour had been arrested and he had offered the Dallas cops $1 billion to let him go. A big group of Canucks had come walking down and while we were getting autographs one of them had asked us about what the story with Belfour being arrested was. We were telling a bunch of players the story when some more of the Canucks came walking up. One of the players turned to the group of other players walking up and said, "Hey! You gotta come listen to this about Belfour!" We finished telling them the story and I remember one of the players saying, "Oh my god! I hope Belfour somehow gets to play tonight! I'm gonna talk so much shit to him!"

Many years ago the Alf’s were at a game and in choice seats. Not a lot of fans in the Colosseum back then, so we moved into good seats from the cheaper ones. 
One of the Canucks (don’t remember which one) shot the puck over the glass and it hit the person sitting close to us in his old noggin. We scooped up the puck. He got a ride in the horizontal taxi. It was a good night. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, The Brock Star said:

Darcy Rota gave me a thumbs up and a smile for wearing a flying V jersey to a game, and I still think about that moment. 

This picture of Burr. I was with a friend who'd been to many games down on the glass (at the Zamboni entrance), she also knew Burr. It was my first time sitting there, so up close and personal.

Like a noob, I put my water bottle, camera, etc. up on the edge/glass in front of me as I was getting settled. She'd noticed Burr watching me do it (during warm ups) and clicked this picture RIGHT BEFORE the bugger blasted a slapshot at me, knocking all my stuff off! Live and learn, didn't do that again.

He skated by with a cheeky smile and we've been secret BFF's ever since. He showed up at my daughter's workplace and she taught him and his daughter how to make a beaded necklace.

458549667_10161227331495549_386002677219

• Like 2

2020, I got to skate with many Canucks at the Richmond Ice Centre; Was during the Covid out break. One of the coolest things I've ever done. 

This is something a bunch of the guys were doing to keep in shape, and I was let in because I was a regular and helped the Cyclone Taylor Iceshop 

that was there. I thought we skated great in the men's DIV-ONE division.  NOT...Never forget it though..

Some years ago I taught a student whose family was close to (then coach) Willie D. It was pretty obvious I was a huge Canucks fan as I had a ton of Canucks posters, calendars, etc in my classroom - which was sometimes controversial as I taught in Calgary (lol).

Anyway, this young man used his connections to get me a beautiful hat signed by Henrik and Daniel and gave it to me as a christmas present. 

Do the canucks still do this sort of thing with the kids around the city? I think I was in novice. We got to practice with the Canucks do a few drills and a little scrimage/shinni followed by an autograph signing at the Colosseum. I don't think it cost much if anything. 

Edited by Hammertime