[Speculation] Ducks working on deal to trade D Cam Fowler

2 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

If we added a 3rd team like Chicago or San Jose, then we could get Fowler at around $1.625 million, which wound be a steal. We could trade our 2025 1st to Anaheim, trade Poolman’s contract to Anaheim as well. And then give a 3rd or 4th round pick to the 3rd team. 

I wouldn't personally do the 1st, maybe a second?

Just now, Bob Long said:

I wouldn't personally do the 1st, maybe a second?

Anaheim would have to retain $3.25 million plus take on Poolman’s contract. I’m pretty sure it would take a late 1st to do that deal. 

We’d also free up some cap space by getting rid of Poolman, so we could effectively do a 2nd trade as well for a right shot centre. 

Just now, Elias Pettersson said:

Anaheim would have to retain $3.25 million plus take on Poolman’s contract. I’m pretty sure it would take a late 1st to do that deal. 

We’d also free up some cap space by getting rid of Poolman, so we could effectively do a 2nd trade as well for a right shot centre. 

Ah that's true. It's going to be pick 32 anyway.

• ThereItIs 2

5 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

If we added a 3rd team like Chicago or San Jose, then we could get Fowler at around $1.625 million, which wound be a steal. We could trade our 2025 1st to Anaheim, trade Poolman’s contract to Anaheim as well. And then give a 3rd or 4th round pick to the 3rd team. 

9E4F6E06-F115-4500-A309-26ED8E5BD62D.gif.103de81cac2f6a230d568b7b73f7803c.gif

• Haha 3

He's had a great career, been a Duck through their competitive years and throughout their descent into a rebuild, he's likely still be useful somewhere. Most veterans that have played for the Ducks over the last few years would likely see better results elsewhere. 

1 hour ago, Elias Pettersson said:

image.gif.a4ebf5e46b71ec7ce8c81dbe54b25a4e.gif

• Cheers 2
  • ThereItIs 1

12 minutes ago, RWJC said:

image.gif.a4ebf5e46b71ec7ce8c81dbe54b25a4e.gif

FYI, JR traded like 6 1st round picks when he was in charge in Pittsburgh.  Allvin has already traded a 1st round pick with the Canucks.  It is a reasonable assumption that they will trade one (or more) of our future 1st round picks in order to get a LHD and maybe a 3C.  We are going all in the next 2-3 years before we have to pay Hughes $14 million.

Edited by Elias Pettersson

7 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

FYI, JR traded like 6 1st round picks when he was in charge in Pittsburgh.  Allvin has already traded a 1st round pick with the Canucks.  It is a reasonable assumption that they will trade one (or more) of our future 1st round picks in order to get a LHD and maybe a 3C.  We are going all in the next 2-3 years before we have to pay Hughes $14 million.

I understand. Let’s just include it for a better return than Fowler if we’re going to do it all. 

• Like 1
  • ThereItIs 1

2 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

What are you, high? No!!!! Don't you remember what happened the last time we traded for a "high end defenceman"? Cough, buy out, cough...... 

• Vintage 1

24 minutes ago, gwarrior said:

What are you, high? No!!!! Don't you remember what happened the last time we traded for a "high end defenceman"? Cough, buy out, cough...... 

ecavtly$ Thank God Benning, the Moran, is gone. Fowler is old, slow, soft and a pos. Only a Benning (Moran) would this guy on our club. No worries though. New management aren’t stupid. 

53 minutes ago, Alflives said:

ecavtly$ Thank God Benning, the Moran, is gone. Fowler is old, slow, soft and a pos. Only a Benning (Moran) would this guy on our club. No worries though. New management aren’t stupid. 

Any time I see a "high end defenceman" become available on the market, now all i think about is how that fuckface chased the OEL deal down the rabbit hole, then "ran out of time" with other UFA's.

• ThereItIs 1

18 minutes ago, gwarrior said:

Any time I see a "high end defenceman" become available on the market, now all i think about is how that fuckface chased the OEL deal down the rabbit hole, then "ran out of time" with other UFA's.

And what a lot of people forget is that he whiffed on getting OEL in 2020. He had to wait a full losing season to make that trade in July 2021. OEL was Benning's great white whale, and he nearly sank the ship completely before he left.

• Vintage 1

41 minutes ago, Curmudgeon said:

And what a lot of people forget is that he whiffed on getting OEL in 2020. He had to wait a full losing season to make that trade in July 2021. OEL was Benning's great white whale, and he nearly sank the ship completely before he left.

Yeah, that deal really created a mess. Garland has been very good though, even if I wish his cap hit was less than it is. That said, I hope Alvin isn't going to chase this one. 

19 hours ago, Alflives said:

Fowler is old, slow, soft, and craperolla. He has two more years on an expensive deal left too. He’s yuk in all ways. 100% certain we will not have interest in such a player. 

Just out of curiosity how much do you watch fowler play?

This is not what I see when I watch him play. I travel down to LA area for work often and catch quite a few Ducks game on TVs 

12 minutes ago, bh90 said:

Just out of curiosity how much do you watch fowler play?

This is not what I see when I watch him play. I travel down to LA area for work often and catch quite a few Ducks game on TVs 

Dash 36 last season, dash 122 for his career. Green Jacket guy. 

14 hours ago, gwarrior said:

Chill out dude. This is nothing like the OEL deal. I was advocating for a 3rd team to be involved so we could get a 75% retention on Fowler. At $1.625 million he’d be a steal. That’s less than what we are paying Desharnais. 

Have you ever watched Fowler play?  He would easily slide into our top 4 ahead of Soucy and Myers. 

• Cheers 1

17 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Chill out dude. This is nothing like the OEL deal. I was advocating for a 3rd team to be involved so we could get a 75% retention on Fowler. At $1.625 million he’d be a steal. That’s less than what we are paying Desharnais. 

Have you ever watched Fowler play?  He would easily slide into our top 4 ahead of Soucy and Myers. 

I get what you're saying. And yes I have seen him play. But it's hard to look good while on a garbage team like Anaheim has been the last few years.

• Vintage 1

Just now, Elias Pettersson said:

Quinn Hughes was -24 in 2020-2021 on a garbage Canucks team. 

Hughes was plus 38 last season and is a plus player for his career, even though the club was not very good. 
The fact is Fowler is an overpaid, old, slow, soft, craperolla player. He stinks. Don’t want him. And there’s zero chance our management will want him. 

• Cheers 1

45 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I still don't want to burn a 1st, even a late one for him given its two years not one.

It might be possible since he has a lot of control about where he ends up.

I bet we could do this with lesser picks and prospects.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

Hughes was plus 38 last season and is a plus player for his career, even though the club was not very good. 
The fact is Fowler is an overpaid, old, slow, soft, craperolla player. He stinks. Don’t want him. And there’s zero chance our management will want him. 

The Canucks were one of the best defensive teams in the NHL last season. Hughes was a minus player his first two years in the league. People were actually complaining that he may never win the Norris because of that. 

Fowler was a +15 the year Anaheim went to the 2nd round of the playoffs. In fact, he was a plus player several times and almost every time he went to the playoffs. 

He’s an upgrade on Soucy and Myers. Not even a question about that. He would allow Soucy to play less minutes and can play on the 2nd unit power play. He has a great shot. If we could get him with a 75% retention it’s a no brainer really. 

• Cheers 1

48 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

I still don't want to burn a 1st, even a late one for him given its two years not one.

It might be possible since he has a lot of control about where he ends up.

I bet we could do this with lesser picks and prospects.

We are going to trade that 1st no matter what. We all know that. It’s just a question of who are we trading it for. 

20 hours ago, The Duke said:

Other LD on weak teams that could shore things up include Provorov (or Gavrikov depending on the Kings) but we are not nearly as Russian friendly as we were just a minute ago.  Chychrun too I guess but obviously some questions there.

side-eye-no.gif

I'm sorry, the name we were looking for was Marcus Pettersson. Marcus Pettersson. 

• Cheers 1